Contact us

Austria AUSTRIA 2023 - Teya & Salena - Who the Hell is Edgar?

How do you rate this entry?

99 45.2%

25 11.4%

22 10.0%

12 5.5%

15 6.8%

12 5.5%

4 1.8%

5 2.3%

6 2.7%

6 2.7%

13 5.9%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

aef

Salena was chosen to sing "Halo" but then Pia Marie got the gig.

(I wonder why. I hope not because of her vocals.)
Really?? Oh well Teya‘s and Salena‘s vocals seem very decent based on previous live performances

sigi

Salena was chosen to sing "Halo" but then Pia Marie got the gig.

(I wonder why. I hope not because of her vocals.)
Lisa Pac was originally supposed to sing"Halo" (the demo was called "Hero" with different lyrics in the chorus and more 80ies style but it was very similar to Bonny Tylers "Holding Out For A Hero") Lisa Pac didn't like the concept/song!
Then several singers recorded demos...for example Salena, Sara de Blue [...] but Lum!x chose Pia Maria because she was able to sing it straight away.

Ezio

Veteran
We will have passed UK by tomorrow in the odds, since there are two bookmakers who haven't updated their odds, and we are in striking distance to Israel, Spain and Czechia. Ukraine and Norway are overrated by a lot imho. Finland and Sweden are serious contenders for the win.

These odds are really exciting, because Conchita was way out of the Top 10 in 2014 before the rehearsals. Of course this year the rehearsals can also change everything for better or for worse.

If Sweden were 9th at the odds, they would have already conceded victory, but for us, it's a major chance.

gingerale

Lisa Pac was originally supposed to sing"Halo" (the demo was called "Hero" with different lyrics in the chorus and more 80ies style but it was very similar to Bonny Tylers "Holding Out For A Hero") Lisa Pac didn't like the concept/song!
Then several singers recorded demos...for example Salena, Sara de Blue [...] but Lum!x chose Pia Maria because she was able to sing it straight away.

OK thanks that's the extended version of the story. I only heard Salena talking about it in the Merci Cherrie podcast.

gigi_copp3

We will have passed UK by tomorrow in the odds, since there are two bookmakers who haven't updated their odds, and we are in striking distance to Israel, Spain and Czechia. Ukraine and Norway are overrated by a lot imho. Finland and Sweden are serious contenders for the win.

These odds are really exciting, because Conchita was way out of the Top 10 in 2014 before the rehearsals. Of course this year the rehearsals can also change everything for better or for worse.

If Sweden were 9th at the odds, they would have already conceded victory, but for us, it's a major chance.
I think this is the major threat to the favourites. In fact, the only country outside top 3 that could have a possibility in victory.

Ezio

Veteran
I think this is the major threat to the favourites. In fact, the only country outside top 3 that could have a possibility in victory.
I think so, too.

What gets more excited though, is, that although 2022 went down in flames, ORF created another fan fave back to back, and keeps sending fresh and risqué acts to ESC (if we forget about 2021, and yes, I stand behind PAENDA)

Ezio

Veteran
There is a ghost on the Swiss iTunes charts :eek:

0scar

This is never going to win
It is quite fun yes but it could quite well be a fan favourite flop if people are talking about victory

aef

„Pia Maria was able to sing it“ - interesting what happened until May? Hahaha

„Contender“ - let’s relax. Even top 15 would be a success, looking at the past years, top 10 seems possible. I guess victory is locked for :se: anyway, unfortunately!

gigi_copp3

I think so, too.

What gets more excited though, is, that although 2022 went down in flames, ORF created another fan fave back to back, and keeps sending fresh and risqué acts to ESC (if we forget about 2021, and yes, I stand behind PAENDA)
Well, they seem to have learnt from their errors. Poe poe poe poe is wayy more catchy than let me be your halo (that was catchy too), and these two seem capable of singing. The only "if" is the staging, but they have a good starter pack (the dance)... they have to not mess with the other elemets.

sigi

Well, they seem to have learnt from their errors. Poe poe poe poe is wayy more catchy than let me be your halo (that was catchy too), and these two seem capable of singing. The only "if" is the staging, but they have a good starter pack (the dance)... they have to not mess with the other elemets.
Even "Halo" with weak vocals and staging came 11th in the televote.
Salena and Teya performed "Edgar" live for the internal selection and vocally it was on point . They also had dance steps during the performance :)

Ezio

Veteran
Did they also have an LED toaster?

marty

„Pia Maria was able to sing it“ - interesting what happened until May? Hahaha

„Contender“ - let’s relax. Even top 15 would be a success, looking at the past years, top 10 seems possible. I guess victory is locked for :se: anyway, unfortunately!
Its always difficult to repeat a victory. I dont think Loreen will win. Top 10 for Austria would be nice. Top 3 with a real good staging might be possible.

aef

Its always difficult to repeat a victory. I dont think Loreen will win. Top 10 for Austria would be nice. Top 3 with a real good staging might be possible.
Who is a contender in your opinion? I can't see the juries not giving her around 300 points....

marty

Who is a contender in your opinion? I can't see the juries not giving her around 300 points....
But the televoters will not go for Loreen. Maybe its just wishful thinking. Loreen and Sweden again would be boring for me. Finland should win the televote and get high jury votes as well. I am curious how the 0.003 part will influence the jury voting for Austria.

Ezio

Veteran
Euphoria was way superior and had no competition that year.

i don’t think Tattoo can get 300 jury points from only 36 countries. The song is not catchy and instant enough, not original, tired lyrics and relies on very expensive visuals and Loreens name.

i think 170 jury points can be enough this year, Lena didn’t get that many in 2010 or Ell and Niki only 220 with 42 countries.

Loreen could be beatable. Unfortunately the competition is incredibly weak this year but not as weak as 2012. Austria can hurt her chances. It’s ironic, clever, instant, and FRESH

0scar

Not the Austrians hyperfocused on their entry yet another year
I love it don't ever change!!!

Top Bottom