Let me be your halo
'Cause heaven can't wait for us to finish the fight

And I'm stronger than angels
I'm fearless in danger
And I will bring dark to the light
Let me be your halo
'Cause we've been through hell and back in only one night​

popavapeur

Austria got 36 points from the televote (best was 5pts from Armenia) and 6 points from the juries (best was 3 points from Italy)
15th overall.

aef

Philipp Hansa once again served us one of the most cringy spokesperson moments of the evening

Last edited:

Ezio

Veteran
Wanted to say the same thing but I didn’t want to push this thread for this douche

Datura

being dead last with the juries is quite a hard pill to swallow tbh... i guess we all expected it to NOT be in the juries top 10 qualifiers, but that... :(
i'm afraid it will be really hard to find artists who are interested in doing it next year :/

Datura

Philipp Hansa once again served us one of the most cringy spokesperson moments od the evening
seriously? i actually think he does a pretty great job (and there were loooots of others who imo deserved that title)

• Like It
Reactions: skl

aef

seriously? i actually think he does a pretty great job (and there were loooots of others who imo deserved that title)
- the t-shirt
-the „miss world“ speech for peace and love
- opening the bottle and drinking in front of the audience

aef

being dead last with the juries is quite a hard pill to swallow tbh... i guess we all expected it to NOT be in the juries top 10 qualifiers, but that... :(
i'm afraid it will be really hard to find artists who are interested in doing it next year :/
Let’s just look forward, obviously many wrong choices were made this year concerning our entry. It definitely had potential songwise. The more than poor jury result doesn’t make any difference because the televoting result was also very poor.

Skrzeczk

Well, I'm not really a fan of Halo, but really this last place is not what you deserve I think... You were quite unlucky with juries this year. 4 countries ranked Austria 11th. Average jury score for Albania, Bulgaria and Slovenia is worse than for Austria. Without strange results from Greek jury Austria would be 15th in juries. Still bad, but not last.

Datura

Let’s just look forward, obviously many wrong choices were made this year concerning our entry. It definitely had potential songwise. The more than poor jury result doesn’t make any difference because the televoting result was also very poor.
yea lets look forward, and i agree about the wrong choices aswell, but the song was really good for austrian standards thats what makes it very annoying tbh. but yea we'll see where it goes from here

aef

yea lets look forward, and i agree about the wrong choices aswell, but the song was really good for austrian standards thats what makes it very annoying tbh. but yea we'll see where it goes from here
Song would have had potential with a better singer and staging, that’s clear.

Let’s hope for something memorable like visions of Atlantis or a really good voice like Cesar Sampson.

Btw I really don’t want a NF. This never worked in :at:. Let’s either stick to the internal selection or let’s find our singer via Starmania or a similar show and give him or her a song via Songwriting camp.

Datura

Song would have had potential with a better singer and staging, that’s clear.

Let’s hope for something memorable like visions of Atlantis or a really good voice like Cesar Sampson.

Btw I really don’t want a NF. This never worked in :at:. Let’s either stick to the internal selection or let’s find our singer via Starmania or a similar show and give him or her a song via Songwriting camp.
ugh visions of atlantis... thats the kind of music i do NOT want to hear. i know this musical-metal-stuff has fans but i find it very.... unreal.
i read an article in an austrian newspaper that said starmania winner stefan eigner would be a good choice. i COMPLETELY DISAGREE. just because ure a good singer doesnt automatically mean ure good for eurovision

aef

ugh visions of atlantis... thats the kind of music i do NOT want to hear. i know this musical-metal-stuff has fans but i find it very.... unreal.
i read an article in an austrian newspaper that said starmania winner stefan eigner would be a good choice. i COMPLETELY DISAGREE. just because ure a good singer doesnt automatically mean ure good for eurovision
I also don’t think he would fit to Eurovision. :at: public still doesn’t have that much of a clue about how modern Eurovision works, just like :de:

As for visions of Atlantis, it’s not my personal taste of music but it would do well at Eurovision.

Last edited:

Uto

Veteran
Think it's just bad in general to look for an artist to send. Some people who know what's what should look for a song to send that was written by an artist who can perform it well like the Neds have been doing. Saves you a lot of issues along the line. Last time we went 'artist first' so to speak we ended up with Trijntje Oosterhuis and her immortal classic Walk Along.

Datura

As for visions of Atlantis, it’s not my personal taste of music but it would do well at Eurovision.
it could but im not sure it would. :LOL:
nah seriously, i really hope we are not going down this road

Ezio

Veteran
To me it feel like there is a gaping hole without Halo in the Final. Looking at how poor almost everyone scored, I wonder how Halo could have done if it was better performed. I really couldn’t imagine us not qualify this year and in the end we didn’t.

Halo was meant to set the stage on fire, but it felt like a firecracker

MopManMoss

Veteran
To me it feel like there is a gaping hole without Halo in the Final. Looking at how poor almost everyone scored, I wonder how Halo could have done if it was better performed. I really couldn’t imagine us not qualify this year and in the end we didn’t.

Halo was meant to set the stage on fire, but it felt like a firecracker

Seeing as you want to talk about poor scores

Ezio

Veteran
halo is still more popular with Streams and Downloads than most finalists

what a wasted opportunity that was.

Top Bottom