Most-streamed Eurovision 2022 songs on Spotify yesterday (Mar 28):
1. Brividi (405,641 streams) 🇮🇹
2. Hold Me Closer (244,463) 🇸🇪
3. De diepte (208,531) 🇳🇱
4. Halo (88,129) 🇦🇹 (+14% from Mar 27)
5. Give That Wolf a Banana (77,145) 🇳🇴
6. SloMo (74,408) 🇪🇸
7. Stefania (73,436) 🇺🇦

Since March 11th Halo has achieved 1,876,795 streams on Spotify, if I haven't miscalculated.
This is place 4 in this time slot.
In comparison Norway Mar 11-28: 1,754,963

Btw. Running order first semi 2018 Cesár Sampson: 13.

Last edited:

Lindon

In the Austrian charts Halo is dropping from 20 to 28. The streams are dropping as well. Whereas on youtube the video needed 16 days to reach 1 mio. and just three days for another 300.000 views. The number of views per day is rising every day.
And another 100,000 in 14 hours.

• Like It
Reactions: aef

hzalfa

Eurofestivalnews reports that LUM!X will participate in the Italian tv music show Battiti Live on the 14th April and Halo is one of the songs he will bring. Starting from the 15th April the track will also be played on Italian radios.

Zerocalcare

Eurofestivalnews reports that LUM!X will participate in the Italian tv music show Battiti Live on the 14th April and Halo is one of the songs he will bring. Starting from the 15th April the track will also be played on Italian radios.
Probably here is the hand of Gabry Ponte. They have collaborated together in the past.

It's a very smart move because the Italian public has always loved Eurodance.

hzalfa

Probably here is the hand of Gabry Ponte. They have collaborated together in the past.
Gabry Ponte cowrote the song so of course this makes it easier to sell to both the Italian public and radios/tv broadcasters, whether or not he is involved directly in promoting it. Also, I think Mediaset expects RAI to promote LUM!X as "the one Italian Eurovision contestant that you can support during the semifinals", and they want to anticipate them by being the ones to introduce him to the general audience.

Lindon

1.8 million views of the official music video and more than 2 million streams on Spotify alone. However, there is also opposition from the Swedish content producer of the official Eurovision Song Contest YouTube channel. In the March News video, Austria is coolly ignored and Nordic entries are pushed through the thumbnail.

Ezio

Veteran
The Swedish mafia is pulling out all the stops because they are mad they didn't win since 7 years.

marty

The number of daily views on youtube is still rising, for the first time with more than 200.000 views in 24 hours. on saturday it will reach 2 mio views.

Ezio

Veteran
I think it's because they are played at more radio stations since 2 days or so.

But we really can't ever have decent odds. Even with a song like this, bookmakers think we are as competitive as Germany and less competitive than Armenia, Azerbaijan, Finland, Belgium, Switzerland. Gimme a break, this is ridiculous.

Semi 1 at 9th, only very slightly better than Amen.

They give us the Katya Zamolochikova Krisis Kontrol-treatment every year. Even after Cesar won the jury vote, who ranked 20th at the odds, everyone was like, "This shouldnt have happened".

81a07eb0cd408461f3bf6dcb69a2f9ae.gif

Last edited:

Lindon

Time stamp 1,9 million views 5 minutes ago.

Lindon

Of course the odds are ridiculous. They rank countries before artist and/or songs are known. Wo ist der Emoji der Fassungslosigkeit repräsentiert?

Halo Spotify
März 11-17... 876908
Mär.18..... 108596
Mär.19..... 92476
Mär.20..... 76381
Mär.21..... 87864
Mär.22..... 90882
Mär.23..... 90670
Mär.24..... 90845
Mär.25..... 103087
Mär.26..... 93566
Mär.27..... 77391
Mär.28..... 88129
Mär.29..... 90340
Mär.30..... 91108
Mär.31..... 91553
Summe...... 2149796

Last edited:

Lindon

Sorry I have to post something off topic. ORF seems to unearth someone with an incredible voice every year. Last evening:

Lindon

By tomorrow at the latest we will have overtaken the Ukrainian and the Dutch video.

Ezio

Veteran
Tomorrow is an important date for Halo, because we will get to hear the first live performance.

Ezio

Veteran
I just tried to listen to Hold me closer since some weeks, and I am truly mad how much praise and riggory in its favour this generic ballad of a song is receiving, while we had a truly delicate and magical ballad with Limits by Paenda, that earned nothing but scorn. Or Amen, which was the wrong song at the wrong time, but it delivered goosebumps the first time I listened to it.

Since 2019 my interest in Eurovision is being tackled because it feels overproduced with a lack of interesting content and the results don't have many surprises anymore. They are according to plan or how the bookmakers predicted them.

I was hoping for Italy to take a fresh approach at production, but they still rely on EBU officials and not on themselves when it comes to running order.

And now with a fansite such as wiwibloggs getting exclusive access to Eurovision, while others don't, and their opinions being the most important out there, I feel like Austria can't compete with the riggory and corruption at Eurovision, no matter the song.

This is the day and age of censorship and message control. You can choose to comply and suck it up, or get cancelled.

I hope we will get a great televote result this year, but I feel like we are in for an underwhelming result in a sea of beige and grey songs this year.

marty

I just tried to listen to Hold me closer since some weeks, and I am truly mad how much praise and riggory in its favour this generic ballad of a song is receiving, while we had a truly delicate and magical ballad with Limits by Paenda, that earned nothing but scorn. Or Amen, which was the wrong song at the wrong time, but it delivered goosebumps the first time I listened to it.

Since 2019 my interest in Eurovision is being tackled because it feels overproduced with a lack of interesting content and the results don't have many surprises anymore. They are according to plan or how the bookmakers predicted them.

I was hoping for Italy to take a fresh approach at production, but they still rely on EBU officials and not on themselves when it comes to running order.

And now with a fansite such as wiwibloggs getting exclusive access to Eurovision, while others don't, and their opinions being the most important out there, I feel like Austria can't compete with the riggory and corruption at Eurovision, no matter the song.

This is the day and age of censorship and message control. You can choose to comply and suck it up, or get cancelled.

I hope we will get a great televote result this year, but I feel like we are in for an underwhelming result in a sea of beige and grey songs this year.
Hold me closer has FFF potential for me. Even Sweden did not vote for that song, why should Europe vote for it. It probably will get a good result, but not top 5.
I think the years with the overproduced songs were the years 2016-2020. Last year was a highlight in my eyes with a lot of songs not in English. This year actually the Austrian entry is one of the overproduced songs with a lot of promotion behind.

Lindon

Tomorrow is an important date for Halo, because we will get to hear the first live performance.
WWB will provide recorded TV quality footage with professional sound of the acts in London throughout the week. So this will be crucial for Halo.

Ezio

Veteran
WWB will provide recorded TV quality footage with professional sound of the acts in London throughout the week. So this will be crucial for Halo.
And they will also provide their expert opinion, I suppose xcookie

Realest

Today is the Day where Austria will fall or rise 10+ Places in the Odds.

Lindon

If the running order of the sound check is also the running order of the show tonight, Halo will be 7 to last of 27 acts.

During the show WWB will provide the usual low quality snippets on Instagram, Twitter and TikTok.

Last edited:
Top Bottom