Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
wsa4o.png

xlove

theCONWEL

WorldVision & OM Mod
Staff member
I predicted this to come last, but 0pts is an absolute joke.

Skymnos

How wrong did this go. I actually didn't like the song that much, but 0 points is crazy.

Can't remember the last time the host-nation got 0 points!

zoyuxi

It sure came crashing down.

What's the opposite of "Rise Like a Phoenix"? "Fall Like...a Corpse?" "Fall Like an Eternal Corpse"?

QwaarJet

ESC Moderator
Didn't take Austria long to start failing at Eurovision again...at least I made a small fortune from them coming last. Sorry to our Austrian members.

SweetestBerry

This is really kind of ridiculous. I know the song had no hype and wasn't a favourite but it was a decent Classic Rock ballad, and it was pretty timeless. I wasn't crazy for it and perhaps I didn't appreciate it as much as I should have done, but no way did this deserve 0. Is this Jemini levels of bad? Nope. There was a lot of cheesy, dull stuff in the final, a lot of contrived stuff. This getting 0 is pretty much a joke and not even a funny one as the guys don't deserve it. It's incredibly embarrassing. I'm really shocked.

Two ridiculous things happened this Eurovision..
1. Czech Republic not making the final
2. Austria getting 0

I'm sorry for you guys.

So agree :confused:

I voted for the Czech Republic - I loved the song and the vocals were awesome - that is why I voted for them - was taken aback when the did not get through to the finals.

and then in the final I voted for Austria - I loved the MakeMakes - just cant see how they could have got a 0 ranking - there were singers that were out of key and uninteresting ahead of them - makes no sense.

kinda stunned at these results

Alina333

It was a great event here in Vienna with much fun and happy people all the week, but I don't think that our song deserves only 0 Points :(

Sweden was not between my personal favorites, but congrats anyway.

Musicosity

Rise like a Phoenix. Fall like a Dodo. They could not fly.

I am sorry for you, Austria (and also for us not giving points to you, but we were not alone this time). I actually like the song, it's quality. But it's too retro and obviously out of ESC fashion. And Dodo's performance left something to be desired.

So sorry.

henhu

If televoting in Switzerland had ranked it one place higher, it would have got 1 point at least :(

VedatiNet

Dont like the song but it was unfair as a host country to end with 0 points :(

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
How have people reacted in Austria?

Sammy

Veteran
I could have understood a bad result. The staging was utterly boring, the movements of dominic during the last 20 seconds of the performance were awkward and didn't fit the song, and the makemakes didn't know how to present themselves in the public in a charming way. In the interviews I didn't get the impression they were really keen on performing or taking that as serious as they should have. You don't go to Eurovision like you have a gig in some little town behind the seventh mountain on the left. They had no charm whatsoever. So - a bad result could have been explained. BUT

No point at all? With a decent song we had? That is kind of disturbing.

But as http://www.aufrechtgehn.de/?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1 so rightly put it: We are the zeros of our time! xrofl3

Well - I think many Austrians rejoice in the fact that the ORF delivered a great show (especially the opening with the fotos was one of the best things I've ever seen as an opener) so that milders the humiliation a bit. The second factor is, that Germany also didn't get any points, so shared sorrow is half the sorrow. And the usual "let's quit because we were treated so unfair"-voices will reappear, but they always are there if we don't win. And they mostly come from people that don't even care about the contest or know anything about.

As Conchita would say "We have no time for negativity". Hopefully next year we send a better song and are more lucky.

P.S (not to be taken completely seriously): As for the austrian national final: Public vote: Trackshittaz (last place). Internal Selection: Conchita Wurst (first place). Public vote: Makemakes (last place). So for next year an internal selection. Why not Zoe? (;))

Iuris

WHY, EUROPE?

evija87

There are't enough words to describe my outrage on this result! This just wrong, infamous "null points" for The Makemakes (and Ann-Sophie) are probably one of the biggest missunderstandings in the history of ESC. I know someone has to come last, but no points?! What's wrong with you Europe?

I personally love this song, so I am completly pissed off.
I am glad guys are taking this with humour (video on facebook :lol:)

I can only hope Austria will bounce back next year.

Sammy

Veteran
Yesterday I heard a statement of Edgar Böhm on austrian TV saying more or less, that Austria will try its best next year in Sweden. Of course, this is not official but rather a small talk-interview, but I think chances are good that we send somebody to Malmö, Stockholm, Göteborg or whatever city. xhii

Top Bottom