austria-flag.jpg

nadine2300nt35lz3.png

Performed by: Nadine Beiler
Lyrics by:
Composed by:
Language: English

Sim

Re: ÖSTERREICH - Austria 2011

I had hoped Austria would come back this year.

Now hopefully next year :D

Raul_Spain

Come on ORF. Show the world you're not the 17th lander :lol:

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member

Yep, i just had the same thought. My fingers are crossed.

Deltage

Yeah, I wonder if it's now "fair" enough for them to return?

Sean

Admin
Staff member

I thought that too, very local for them. Please Austria :mrgreen:

Raul_Spain

It's political wise to Austria to return ;)

A-lister

Veteran

Now is probably the biggest chance ever for an Austrian comeback... that would be great...

but... PLEASE send us a good entry instead of just complaining this time around..

charlesf

My money's on them reentering the ESC.

They've now seen a country that certainly didn't win on account of any neighbourhood/diaspora voting win. Belgium, equally with no natural "lobby" also did well.

Further, Austrians love Lena and I dare say will be anxious for ORF to organise a national selection similar to that Stefan Raab most successfully staged in Germany.

Austria can afford it and I trust there will be a major appetite for going to Berlin (yeah, my money's also on Berlin. Really a no-brainer). ORF surely have the money to pull that off if they want to. It's more a matter of interest. And I'm sure there's no more than enough interest.

Deltage

It's all good unless they withdraw again if for example Azerbaijan or Bosnia wins next year :lol:

Deltage

DJ Ötzi? :? Has he done anything else than joke songs too? Otherwise it's just going to be "typical" Austrian result if they choose him.

Schlagerman1

Hmm Maybe not DJ Ötzi should compete by himself..but if he could take the role as Stefan Raab has in Germany, then actually Austria could do a really good song in their comeback! :D

The Austrians can't complain anymore with this result, Come Back! :p

AlekS

Veteran

let me see. They laid crap at other broadcasters, at nations, they whined about their results and then you expect me to be happy about their possible come back?
No, ORF, stay where you are. Fire those a--holes responsible for your image and then come back :) People who express such position towards their competitors shouldn't be in charge of the broadcaster. If it's about same people - it would be really hypocrite :lol:
"oh, hai moronz, u stole our victories, hate u Eastiez!"
"oh hai, we came back!"
:lol:
this is how it would look to me.

Schlagerman1

AlekS said:
let me see. They laid crap at other broadcasters, at nations, they whined about their results and then you expect me to be happy about their possible come back?
No, ORF, stay where you are. Fire those a--holes responsible for your image and then come back :) People who express such position towards their competitors shouldn't be in charge of the broadcaster. If it's about same people - it would be really hypocrite :lol:
"oh, hai moronz, u stole our victories, hate u Eastiez!"
"oh hai, we came back!"
:lol:
this is how it would look to me.

Well even myself have seen Austria like a country that is complaining WAY too much + I have never really liked a song from them except 03 that was pretty fun...

Plus, I don't think we should be that hateful to just ORF..they are MANY broadcasters in Europe that is complaining at other countries..for example did Alyosha say to eurovision.tv that she really disliked that Russia got 11th place (And doesn't NTU dislike Russia a little?) and the Armenia/Azerbaijan situation is a big laugh at the moment, especially after the new complaints from the Azeris that Armenian commentators did not announce Safura.

But anyway, A comeback from Austria would be really nice, and if they don't come back, then let them be outside the fun then! :p

AlekS

Veteran

^ nope, currently NTU doesn't dislike Russia... not with new bosses :twisted:
So I wish the same for ORF. Change your bosses, gawd dammed :lol:

Kamillentee

Now there are a few more artists that expressed their interest for Eurovision 2011:

starmania_oliver.jpg

Oliver Wimmer
Winner of the austrian casting show "Starmania" (2009)
Winner-Single - "Blown Away": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAxNyTMrI8U

230px-Luttenberger_Klug.jpg

Luttenberger*Klug
Austrian girl-band. They sing in german.
Their hitsingle (just in austria :lol: ) - "Vergiss Mich" (Forget me): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCLnDMoqoYI

FastResource.aspx

Bambie (Nina Bruckner)
Rose to "fame" as Lugner's girlfriend. Well, now that society know her all doors opened for her, and she even released her first single. (Although she can't really sing.)
Her debut single - "Princess Of Love": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGz5bVMsqEE

918.jpg

Alkbottle
A hard-rock band, that is know for the songs that are mainly about alcohol and being drunk. They want to collaborate with DJ Ötzi.
No comment - "Geh' Scheiss'n" (viennese slang for "Piss Off!"): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgO2Zarsva8

Dj-Oetzi---Pics-2008.jpg

DJ Ötzi
I don't think I have to explain something about him. We all should know him. :lol:
His hitsingle - "Hey, Baby": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNsmiqmaEWo

Top Bottom