2 1.3%

8 5.3%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Mrlazzyjazzy

The stigma of being Australia must be a factor because i can't see no reasoning behind this flopping. Truly an immaculate performance bursting with palpable energy. If they intent to stay, this is the step in the right direction.
Kate has shown we can get good televote scores. They had really polished staging considering resources and budget they had, but probably not enough to really capture the televote's attention. Still they've done incredible, and I think we are safe in the contest now. I don't see us going anywhere! So they've achieved what needed to be done. Great ambassadors for our country!

allenakaalan

Can Australia actually not get robbed by televotes for a change without having to rely on newbie novelty or space sopranos? :cry:

Preuss

Kate has shown we can get good televote scores. They had really polished staging considering resources and budget they had, but probably not enough to really capture the televote's attention. Still they've done incredible, and I think we are safe in the contest now. I don't see us going anywhere! So they've achieved what needed to be done. Great ambassadors for our country!
I think Kate, if she had some "natural" allies like all countries in Europe have, she would've gotten a tad more televote points and come top 5, which I really think she deserved

Preuss

I knew it! xclap This makes even more pissed about their draw. So messed up.

Yeah, I was surprised about the draw too because you'd think EBU would want them to do well with the public again and give them a good draw as it seems like they won their semi actually.

Hard to say what a later running order would've done, but perhaps enough points to beat Estonia (and perhaps Belgium)

goncalovieira

This is clearly my grower from 2023.
Amazing staging and especially, the vocalist is such a server of charisma.

Preuss

5/8 times top ten finish
7/8 qualified
2 top 5 finishes

We've had a fantastic run so far ☺️
2 of the top 5 finishes were in the first two years though, so it feels like a lifetime ago since Australia truly was a force to be reckoned with. Three 9th places aren't bad by any means, but I think Australia wants to aim higher

Kate absolutely should've been in the top 5 though

Mrlazzyjazzy

2 of the top 5 finishes were in the first two years though, so it feels like a lifetime ago since Australia truly was a force to be reckoned with. Three 9th places aren't bad by any means, but I think Australia wants to aim higher

Kate absolutely should've been in the top 5 though
I don't get why EBU gave us such an awful running order when we won the semi? I think we would done 100% better even if it was just double the televote points we ended up getting. Voyager and Kate should've been higher. Isaiah didn't deserve his top 10.

Preuss

I don't get why EBU gave us such an awful running order when we won the semi? I think we would done 100% better even if it was just double the televote points we ended up getting. Voyager and Kate should've been higher. Isaiah didn't deserve his top 10.

I think it's weird too, especially because I'm sure EBU wants Australia to stay around.

Like I'm a big proponent for the acts doing the best in the semis getting favorable draws in the grand final as well. So whenever acts that did well in semis get a "poor" running order, it never sits right with me.

Like Malta 2021. I don't think Destiny would've done much better with a more favorable draw, but still, I didn't like that they put her so early in the show when she won the semi. They should've just given her a later running order and just prove to everyone that the song and performance was never going to fare well with the public in the grand final regardless of the draw.

AlienSoul

Australia only does middling with the juries though. Last year the only 2 televote points came from Azerbaijan.

midnightsun

Veteran
I think it's weird too, especially because I'm sure EBU wants Australia to stay around.

That’s why they got that many jury points. Not that they didn’t deserve it. I‘m happy for them.

Imho they were afraid AUS could steal Loreen‘s public votes after it did so well in the semi. They knew Loreen was gonna get almost all jury votes so it was safe to give a lot of jury points other than 12 to Australia so it would do well overall, despite low public votes (which was calculated with that running order imho).

BernadetteCydonia

I knew this was gonna come top 10, with or without the aid of it just simply being Australia.

And people on Twitter dared to laugh at me assuming this is a 100% safe qualifier.

Ezio

Veteran
I find it kinda interesting that neither my coworkers nor my mom liked Australia this year. As a bubble insider, I dont quite get it.

Franzilein

Their reactions when they got their points, both the twelve points from the juries (caught eating) and the low score from the audience (laughing it off) were priceless. Definitely stole my heart, so pure and adorable :lol:

ESC94

The televote results of :au: in numbers:

24th place - :al: :am:
23rd place - :az: :fr: :gr: :it: :mt: :sm:
22nd place - :cy: :cz: :rs: :es:
21st place - :ch:

19th place - :be: :pl: :sl:
18th place - :hr: :pt: :ro:
17th place - :at: :ge:
16th place - :ie: :md:
15th place - :no:
14th place - :de: