2 1.3%

8 5.3%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

AlienSoul

Even though this isn't a genre I listen to, I'm happy with, and enjoyed, Voyager's entry. Jaguar Jones and Voyager were my top two in last year's NF, and were way better than the awful caterwauling that was selected.
The pop princess pansies are going to have perturbations in their panties over this selection though, oh well, c'est la vie.

Mrlazzyjazzy

We are dropping in the odds. These guys are independent, seems like SBS has checked out I don't know how the staging will go and if they'll be able to elevate it with no budget. If this is our last year it's a shame to end on this 😞

Kruto

I am good with this one, yeah might have liked dreamer more , but this is fine as well..

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Not bad, but also nothing extraordinary. Unlike Bulgaria 2022, this one actually sounds from this century and it's fairly competent. Australia rarely sends a song I love though, it's more probably the country I'm most indifferent about, no highs, no lows, just mid. At the same time, it's better than half of the songs selected thus far so...

it's a :6:.

ollibox

Had big expectations, because "Dreamer" was mighty great!
In first listening, didn't give me nearly as same emotions unfortunately...
Gave it a :3: now, but this has some potential to grow higher.

Flamenkax

In the swimming pool, always stayin' cool
I was really happy to know Voyager were the chosen ones. Dreamer was one of my favourite NF songs last year, and imo would have done much much better than Sheldon Riley.

But sadly this is not Dreamer. Is it bad though ? Not at all for god's sake. It's not THAT good but still insanely great. Synth-filled metal with prog and djenty vibes, come on. This is not the style of metal i am gravitating towards but i really enjoy the style they're doing, and i can't wait to see their visit to Liverpool.
So no this is no Dreamer, but their place in my top 5 is written in stone i guess. :10: for me.

On the other hand...
Eurofandom is just so so so annoying sometimes. Just because you don't like the song won't mean everyone does not like it. Just because you wanted another people to represent Australia doesn't mean it's bad. I mean... do you enjoy other stuff than yass kween gurl slay slutbop or whatever ? Some people in this fandom have sometimes problems with openminding. And people comparing it to IMP... seriously ? This is not the same genre of music, like AT ALL. This, is much more interesting stuff than IMP, which was some barbecue-dadrock which no one listens to since 2005. I think that for Voyager there is a real audience for this kind of stuff, especially in their semi. In fact, i geniuinely think that imo they are the second safest qualifiers their semi with Slovenia, mark my words.
Fellow aussies don't listen to them, you can be proud.

Last edited:

Cestrian18

I think it's a very solid entry from Australia, and it will smash live, but I really want the Chorus to slap more and there's a bit of a lack of light and shade in it to make me really excited. Gone for an initial 8 but it's still one of the best of the year so far. (Probably second behind Norway for me)

Rocket man

Yeah, I concur with what a lot of people have said already, that I can see this come really alive in the live performance. I find the song a little all over the place however because I find a lot of songs this year are just "nice", I like this entry by Australia even more because it's more interesting. I wish them well.

Simon

It’s an impossible task to beat Dreamer, but I’m glad they have the balls to give it another go. I desperately wanted them to qualify last year and they really deserved to in my opinion. I wonder if this internal selection is some kind of acknowledgement from SBS that they stuffed up and Voyager were in fact the rightful winners. The tele-vote system actually failed that night. None of my votes got through, but SBS claimed it didn’t make a difference to the final result. I argued otherwise because voting had opened before all the songs had been performed and it crashed about half-way through, if not earlier. Either that or SBS wants to try something other than the solo ballad/pop song to try and get the public vote up; or they couldn’t figure out a venue or tele-voting provider in time. Who knows?

In any case, while it’s not (yet) a “Dreamer” for me, I am happy they’re getting a chance to shine and obviously the staging will be phenomenal. They might stand out as a rock song this year, who knows. They are each very talented musicians and are authentic, so that’s very important to me.

Last edited:

QwaarJet

ESC Moderator
Upgraded to 12. Can't stop listening to it. And yes, I LOVE Simone's solo. Can you imagine how that will pop live? It'll be one of the moments of the contest. @RainyWoods and @EscGeek we are united for possibly the first time as a trio! ☺️

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
@QwaarJet Yeah, the performance at Eurovision is what I'll really be looking forward to. I feel a couple of the elements I'm less crazy for (like the guitar solo) will make more sense once it's all on a stage. And long time no see! It's great to have you back xheya

Fluke

I think the final "chorus" would make more sense, and feel more complete, if they just had one more phrase in before the final long note, of about 6 seconds, and strip that from the synth-only intro instead, but otherwise it's almost perfect.

ollibox

I think it's a very solid entry from Australia, and it will smash live, but I really want the Chorus to slap more and there's a bit of a lack of light and shade in it to make me really excited. Gone for an initial 8 but it's still one of the best of the year so far. (Probably second behind Norway for me)
Exactly my thought! The chorus just doesn't slap enough!
Overall, I like it and after few more replays I rise my score to a solid :6: already :)

Top Bottom