We can do whatever
Techni-technicolour
Techni-technicolour
If we care for one another
We can

Shine​

Last edited by a moderator:

Preuss

I really hope she wears the outfit from her Insta on the stage, and that the bodysuit is covered in a material/"jewels", etc. that can change color when it hits the light. (Technicolor)

Loindici

Veteran

ZoboCamel

Aaargh... apparently that 3:30PM segment on radio was actually the song reveal, not just some info! And it was, apparently, Technicolour. I would've listened in if I'd known :oops: Oh well, time to wait until someone uploads a recording I guess~

People who listened seem to have liked it (moreso than Don't Break Me) – and terms I'm seeing thrown around include "chaotic" and "pitch change", which are up my alley. I'll reserve judgment until I hear it though!

Loindici

Veteran
Ah shitt i missed the triple j! If anyone recorded the stream though, i'll be so pleased to hear it!

Loindici

Veteran
At least there's a snippet that we can hear. Full song will be out tomorrow, still.

Loindici

Veteran
I tried this link and it seemed to work: https://we.tl/t-3e1XLlEy4v

My personal thoughts are that this is a really great effort from Montaigne! Much better than last year

Thank you! The linked worked marvelously!

And from what I've heard, this is the Montaigne I've listened to! I might be biased because I love Montaigne, but this is a bit more unique than her 2020 offering. However, I feel other listeners might possibly won't enjoy the spoken words, the one and half step key raise, or Montaigne's high notes. It sure gives you impact on first listen and I think that's a good thing when it comes to Eurovision. I might give it a golden point now :12:, but I also feel I need to really settle my feeling with the song and set my bias aside.

Loindici

Veteran
GABL2tBjL5-5hX827PN0vumfsU3rnEdDTOLemcxV4Ph8cStWwb1A8kGeB70fhMMmf2xX1yUiFyCj0RxfEQ-wUario6sY34Y6hNul2BhQ_XYFPLl4oohuxnpeH2W6DK-SsC0Rc5PanfzVYjwWeu-cY1rUNcfET2IzUOO4ml9fTI6bLOOm5_JrlRqIV8zaheF6OCt1Y7Q8Eul1zXhIqD24VrB3XRdCRw2OuerWdnQAXlG5eKk5yrkNDjWnj5Qt0Hbs3JGEXRiII-7kr5KrM2hCpnGZ0rbXHHtaaeOjilinGaWsRTh1CuIIxjZAL1YMMB8b_K7bxqsfm4gzBmg_QEBRm_Cq9DRQmp5lKXh7tj_6WQXb1HoPF8dFKVb1eAWetLZKnRXeEjqcFLtMvR6MY9rUpbzIwgVb9Xj4Rwvv27wCxb_7jazwu0HhL0V6wE8TPFiv5dP4WBxruQ9TSyYwjrfN9hoVQsPpZdeipOE87C8biGKLuUUBEdNCZAViQeaV36NZFxEo_Q_carLfEuEmd9e4T3j1kZYDcbbPBtdoSnx8ES18IfYchGYpUvNRiKtsChGAq9bXIyqGuII4XoVC0eSgn5oaSD_q3aykbjy-4MBDCwVGrtPrp47ETxLGmBIdbyTmk3G9WIkHcGbGgMg_iC-O4bFl-nKeoYCzgTIPW0YZ_BtOFlncUKosskIBl6eD=w452-h625-no

Wiwibloggs, the master of doing good journalism.

gingerale

Thanks for the link.

The song is very hot. Very now, perfect details. Marina Diamandis inspired. Because we know Australia's staging abilities, I expect big things.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
It's the.............................. BEST AUSTRALIAN ENTRY EVER for me by a mile. The pre chorus + the chorus... holy.. damn, YES! This is it. At last Australia. A bold move. The synths sound like they're from Tekken 2. Wild entry. I think I absolutely love it. What a humongous step up from last year. This is 10, possibly 12 points from me. Only thing I'm not 100% onboard with is the verses (a bit too Marina-esque for me), but as soon as that first pre chorus hits I'm so in. This is slapping hard.

Montaigne's name excited me the most last year in Australia's NF before we'd heard the songs for a reason, and this is it. I knew deep down she was capable of something awesome and I'm so pleased she has delivered.

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
I...

It's not that I don't like it. It actually is that I don't like it; I need to start over.

The thing about this song is that the melody sounds like she's making it up on the spot. I can't seem to find a reason why these notes in this order should ever be in a song together. The synths in the production sound like they're trying to keep up with her and justify the melody. They almost get the job done. They don't completely. It's all a bit endearingly inept and amateur in a way that reminds me of "Dance You Off" from 2018. Like "Dance You Off," it also has a professional sheen that kind of makes me feel like a crazy person for trying to read all this ineptitude into it. Also like "Dance You Off," I'm going to give it a solid 5 points when we get the poll.

Loindici

Veteran
The thing about this song is that the melody sounds like she's making it up on the spot. I can't seem to find a reason why these notes in this order should ever be in a song together. The synths in the production sound like they're trying to keep up with her and justify the melody.

I can see your concerns, but I think it really comes to the unorthodox way Montaigne writes a song, and it sure will polarize listeners. It can be a stale green tea to you and a tasty blooming tea to me, and that's okay. Since you're not sold on Technicolor, I think you won't be sold on the materials in her Complex album, which also has a lot of seemingly awkward or spontaneous melodies.

Last edited:

njdevils94

Veteran
Nice entry from Montaigne and better in my opinion than last year.

Technicolor has awesome verses but a slightly disappointing chorus. That said I think most people that follow Montaigne's work outside of ESC would agree Technicolor is much more her style compared to Don't Break Me. That was more watered down to fit the Eurovision cliche so I really appreciate her switching it up this time around and going more down the art-pop route. I will need more listens to properly place this in my rankings.

theditz83

Veteran
Wow, that sounds very different to anything I've heard at Eurovision before, so I'm excited to hear the full version. She definitely isn't going for a safe little mid-tempo this year, so hopefully it'll stand out. The song title and the orchestra stabs has already peaked my interest ;)

crashworld

Veteran
I will rate the song until I got a better quality and the full version.
I am not exactly impressed with the radio rip version that I have heard on Twitter.
The song doesn't flow at all, it's like they are attempting to recreate a Malta's "Chameleon" but failed.
There are some 90s elements thrown in the song though which I appreciate.
But with such a song title, I am expecting a great staging.

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Definitely an improvement over last year for me, this time we can truly see what her music sounds like. Whether we like it or not, it something we should appreciate.
For now it's between a :8: and :10:. Without being overly joyful I like the optimist outlook of the song. It's neither in-your-face nor aggressive and it's not a type of sound we're used of hearing in ESC. I can't pinpoint exactly what makes it click for me, maybe the synths, maybe the 'oooohooooh' that carry elsewhere, but anyhow I love it. 6th listening in a row I might already just give it a 12.

Now I'm just worried she won't be able to deliver the high notes. We saw last year her performance wasn't on point so it would be a shame to downgrade this entry because of them.

Loindici

Veteran
That means I have stay up till 4 am....Geez
Looks like no sleep for me
It's already released, though :lol: but not in the music platforms yet

Top Bottom