13 9.2%

4 2.8%

5 3.5%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Australia-scaled.jpg

Preuss

Is there a mismatch between song and singer this year though? Like Montaigne seems like a fun performer but I don't think it's suited to this song where the artist should just sing it with nice visuals. I understand the clown/doll theme they are going for but the staging in AD was messy and it's no way they can keep it if they want to perform on Saturday (or at least do well for that case)

QwaarJet

ESC Moderator
From Zero Gravity to...this. What a shame. Australia in danger this year.

4 points.

Mrm

Veteran
I agree with Alesia Michelle, this vocal is not bad at all, it s just unique, different vocal tone, and I'm here for it..

I gave 12 in the poll..

I like contemporary dance in the performance and camera work..I even don't have problem with the styling..

Alaska49

REMINDER TO STAN MR. MIMETAIGNE

bazinga

sorry if this has been already said but the begining reminds me of the begining of let me down slowly by Alec Benjamin

pavarotti

This is a high quality, contemporary track in studio form but completely ruined in terms of live delivery. They need to go back to the drawing board. Montaigne needs to focus on simply singing the song well live & not involve herself in the interpretive dance.

Morpheus

Well, to be honest I think the song is better than she is. Was it nerves or is the register too high for her?

The performance, though, was nearly a Hindenburg level tragedy. I don't understand the story the performance is trying to tell.
-The clown outfit symbolises: ?
-The weird flailing about symbolises: ?
-The dancers symbolise: ?
Everything felt so unnecessary and so... "Eurovision LOL". Trust me, I know "Eurovision LOL" when I see it. I'm Finnish. It's what we do.

They can, and l'm sure they will, change the performance for ESC, but can they make her sing better? I hope so.

I predict Australia will qualify. If they qualified with Don't Come Easy and We Got Love, they will qualify with this no problem.

Iker

Veteran
For some reason I like it way more than I should, lol. She needs to ditch or sort out the clown act, and improve her vocals.

The verses are pretty, and I like that fitting glass sound at some point of the song.

Last edited:

Uto

Veteran
Very good night for Australia. Lithuania going for fanwank instead of a good contemporary pop song and Norway going for a power ballad instead of a good contemporary pop song leaves Mimetaigne as the front-runner in her genre.

dezbee2008

Where to begin, people?

The song is great, but unless she does something with the vocals/staging, I can't really fully back this. But so far, one of the better ones.

It's an 8 for now because the studio version is slaps

LoveTw

Lol This is probably the only place that is full of negative comments toward this entry. Thank God many people from Reddit and Mr. Scoreboard and even quite a few YouTube reactions love it. I'm quite relieved since those people are more like the general tastes of the audience.

crashworld

Veteran
The whole staging and the song seems like a mismatch to me. The staging needs to go. I can't see doing well at all especially if she is going to sound the same as she did in the NF. Scraping through to the finals at most. If this song does well, it is likely due to the downfall of the other entries (I am looking at Belgium, France and Italy).

Franzilein

Lol This is probably the only place that is full of negative comments toward this entry. Thank God many people from Reddit and Mr. Scoreboard and even quite a few YouTube reactions love it. I'm quite relieved since those people are more like the general tastes of the audience.

I'm also quite shocked at the negative reactions here. I absolutely love the song and somewhat like the live performance even more than the studio version :lol:

Top Bottom