8 6.5%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Sammy

Veteran
Again a very well made video, but songwise it's disappointing. 3 musical ideas everyone repeated for a minute and then smushed together one after the other. But I assume it'll do well. A lot of modern songs are tailored this way nowadays.

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
I agree that it lacks a big climax, that's my only pet peeve about the song. A solid :12: on my part, the second of the season. I always love rap breaks in the middle of songs, especially when we have a female lead. I love her voice in both parts, it brings a good contrast between them. She seems quite confident in the rap one

Fluke

Alright, so first off, this reminds me of those whiny-melodramatic orchestral ballads that's been common in recent years, specifically both of Roxen's and Victoria's entries, that were for some reason stanned by most Eurofans, i hated them. However, to me this is actually better than them. One problem is that there's hardly a melody, she's really just repeating a few notes for the entire song. The visual gimmicks in the video (which aren't possibly to do live anyway) feel tired and desperate, so does the orchestral arrangement. Very in-between placing for me, i'd put it around 20th of all entries.

jatojo

Hopefully it’s not just me who feels this way, but the last chorus sounds extremely discordant melodically, to the point where it sounds like she is singing almost off-key.

There is one place - at 2:21 - where the vocals are "off-key" for a second or two. That's probably intentional though. My problem with this part of the song is that if this is supposed to be the chorus - these two alternate notes -, then that's not interesting enough to me.

AliceEsc

I have this song in my head all day and I'm randomly mumbling words in Armenian, I love this. I wish it was all in Armenian, but oh well :12: This is my runner-up.

12Pointsgoto.....

Ok, this song sort of grew off me. I still like the future lover part, but I feel like it builds to something that it never fully reaches. Also, the CGI bells look terrible

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
I find this quite a charming entry. The lyrics do sit quite weirdly over the track. I honestly thought I was mishearing the "I decided to be good, do good, look good" bit but apparently those are the lyrics, and after you get over the uncanny valleyness, it becomes quite a hypnotic hook. Future Lover is a sweet, moody little track that offers a different vibe to everything else this year.

:7: points for now

VikingTiger

I love how the song starts off - and I love the last notes of it even more! The armenian part is really good. The rest is solid - but to all coherent. It ends with 8 points. I am really curious to see how this will look and sound on the stage in Liverpool

kamc

This is growing on me. It’s a total mood piece so I expect the live performance will elevate it completely.

A-lister

Veteran
Still not on Spotify I see? So they wait until the very end to release the entry and don't grasp the importance of streaming for promo at this day and age, very Malta of them :lol:

DanielLuis

I liked it on the first listen but the cringiness of the first verses along with the sort of unusual structure made me not feel the entry that much. I do have to say though that after the second listen it immediately shot up my rankings and it will definitely be a contender for my #1 in May. The last chorus is so powerful, it really hits like a brick after the rap part. So it's an absolute :12: from me.
I wish more of the song was in Armenian though so the lacking lyrics would be somewhat hidden from us.
Very curious to see how they will stage it.

A-lister

Veteran
A-lister's annual review:

This is... pretentious? I can't say I like it I'm afraid. It's a pretty substandard Eurovision ballad disguised with an orchestra and a bit of classical music to hide its obvious flaws as in the rap being cringe and frankly the whole song is kinda bland to be honest nor do the lyrics help, it should have remained fully in Armenian to spare us some of the cringe moments. I applaud Armenia for on paper "trying something different", but I don't see the uniqueness here everybody is talking about, quite the contrary it feels a bit forced.

Last edited:
Top Bottom