2 1.6%

8 6.5%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Schlagerman1

I have absolutely no problem with the melody, chorus or the rap part per say. I found it pretty cohesive all around melodywise, it is a bit different to hear a modern RnB-styled jazz ballad with a few of Armenian influences. The melody is cool and captures you pretty well and the chorus has a hook that you somewhat can remember.

What I don't understand really is the lyrics. I suppose it has to be something about bad self-esteem or self-confidence when it comes to meeting someone you love, but if I am wrong, anyone could for sure tell me what they think the song is about. I wish the songs message was a bit clearer, cause I fear that average ESC-viewers might be turned off by this, if it isn't portrayed on stage strong enough.

But with so few ballads this year, I still think we will have at least one or two per semi making it, so out of them in semi 2, (Cyprus, Estonia and Greece and I suppose you could count Lithuania, but it is probably more of a midtempo song), I believe that this and Cyprus got the best chances so far to make it through.

midnightsun

Veteran
The video is clearly a weak try to copy Loreen (square platform, long brown hair locks, the colour of the outfit etc.). So is the chorus. "You-hoo-hoo" becomes "good" to have the oo-sound. Other than that this song is more original but it’s still lacking something. At first I was bored, than it became a little bit more powerful and I though "cool, they‘re on to something" until the song was over and I though "Alright, this was the end already?"
So this is another song of the category "could have been something, went nowhere“.
For now, :5:.
Might have to re-listen; was busy yesterday and have just listened to it for the first time.

hijirio

Veteran
I'm super confused after first listen, but I also was after I first heard Lovewave.
This will go magestic with the staging.
The Armenian part is giving me laif.
I wish the title was "Heru" as previously announced, much more interesting and melodic sounding imho.
The song is a whole adventure, introduction-body-conclusion.
I hate the introduction part (elevator music tbh), body is magestic, and conclusion is tasty mmmmmyeah.

:8: from me, but I am greatly disappointed because I had reserved my first place for this. I was so ready to be sleighed and deliver my poor soul to Armenian gods. Not this year, sadly.

tsegaye

This took me for a ride... I thought it was really average and boring the first time I heard it, but now it has grown on me a lot. I'm still not liking the rap part, the pronunciation is awful and it feels a bit too over the top. I like the quirky lyrics however, it straddles the line between awfully cringey and cute and endearing but I'm leaning towards the latter. Something with the mixing doesn't sound perfect either, it sound a bit hollow. I'll give it a :7: for now though.

midnightsun

Veteran
You cannot be serios about the copying allegations.

They wouldn’t be the first. Each year some countries try to copy what has already been and proven successful.

Look; take Moldova this year. They clearly borrowed the style from Shum , there is also a „cha cha cha" in the chorus (like in Finland which is popular right now).

I didn’t even judge this so calm down. I just said it’s a weak try because it’s so obvious. In case of Moldova I love the song so I don’t even mind but facts are facts.

tsegaye

The video is clearly a weak try to copy Loreen (square platform, long brown hair locks, the colour of the outfit etc.). So is the chorus. "You-hoo-hoo" becomes "good" to have the oo-sound
Oh come on, you cannot believe that yourself? :lol: The song/video was planned way before Loreen competed in Melodifestivalen so just cut the crapxfacepalm

Loindici

Veteran
They wouldn’t be the first. Each year some countries try to copy what has already been and proven successful.

Look; take Moldova this year. They clearly borrowed the style from Shum , there is also a „cha cha cha" in the chorus (like in Finland which is popular right now).

I didn’t even judge this so calm down. I just said it’s a weak try because it’s so obvious. In case of Moldova I love the song so I don’t even mind but facts are facts.

Let's go into the forbidden territory and say Let 3 copied Little Big...

hyunjin-sass.gif

12Pointsgoto.....

The video is clearly a weak try to copy Loreen (square platform, long brown hair locks, the colour of the outfit etc.). So is the chorus. "You-hoo-hoo" becomes "good" to have the oo-sound.
That is the most random copying allegation I have ever heard. What does the colour of her hair have to do with anything?

Betwixt Tales

I gave this a listen maybe 3-4 times yesterday, and another just now. I still can't connect with the song.
I don't know if it's because I'm missing a clear(er) baseline or what it is, but I'm definitely missing that mood-defining element in the song that makes me "feel" when listening to it. :confused:

Semra

I've been sleeping on this song and just relistened. I love it just as much today.

I used the texting tool on youtube and saw that she uses the language/words in a particular way. Her English is not that bad. It might sound bad because she "puts pressure" on the words in unusual ways, and she does that on purpose. Another creative thing that makes this song so special. Even though my English is good, it's not my native language so native speakers feel free to correct me (just have what I wrote above in mind).

I was a big fan of Elsie Bay's "Death of us" (Norway). That song also had a more experimental composition. I see Armenia's song as a much more edgy Elsie Bay. Rap added. Different styles, of course, but both are darker, mysterious songs. I do get why some won't like it. I know I came into this ESC bubble from a different music scene / liking of genre than many. I'm happy to see ESC going more in that direction; Luke Black and the boys from Latvia other examples.

Last edited:

Semra

I think the longer humans exist, the more difficult it will be to create something that doesn't sound like another song or a thousand. The world's music library is filling up every hour, day and week with thousands of songs. It was easier to be uniqe in the old days.

MopManMoss

Veteran
I wish the whole song was in Armenian because the “Drink smoothies at near cafes” lyric really takes me out of the song every time I listen to it

Top Bottom