Contact us

Armenia ARMENIA 2021 - not taking part

escYOUnited

Administrator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Haverdge

I apologize for any false hope - I was only relaying information I had heard, which also turned out to be false.

Sorry everyone.

Haverdge

Yeah we saw how well Russia "defended" you recently xshrug

There is no such thing as a mutual relationship with Russia, nor does Russia have any interest to stabilize any country in their so called "sphere of interest" really because stability leads to prosperity (hopefully) and ultimately less dependency on Russia. You do realize that Russia feeds of the status quo conflict you have with Azerbaijan and that they are playing on both sides to keep the conflict alive right? Not much of a "relationship" imho but each to their own xshrug

Anyways, quoting the Queen of Pop herself "You only see what your eyes want to see"...

With that said, I do hope that Armenia is back in 2022 and hopefully things will settle down a bit until then.

I agree Russia's interests are purely self-motivated. My comment was more so about the reasons why Armenia has been forced to play especially nice with Russia, and it's because of the dynamics of our beloved peace-loving, non-violent neighbors who seem to bend and twist reality and history to their own liking at all costsxheart

Nobody here is under the illusion that Russia is a desirable country to mimic. If we were, we wouldn't be so keen on trying this democracy thing. We're the most democratic in the region, according to FreedomHouse, and I sincerely hope we keep that going.

DenizESC

Banned
Sad to hear Armenia will miss out :( I really liked Athena last year and ranked her very high on the forum game here, I hope she will be able to return at some point and that the entire region will start reconciling with one another. It's understandably tough for Armenia right now in many ways. I really hate all these ethnic wars, wars for ground or whatever you will call it. There really never is a group that's entirely correct and everyone speaks the truth in their own mind. It's just a never-ending thing. We should just move on and focus on developing but that seems not easy in this region sadly for now.

@Haverdge every Azerbaijani/Turkish person here being was supportive and against war... Not making any provocative posts. Otoh your previous posts were deleted for spreading hate and false narratives.

All I'm gonna say is the world would be a better place if people would start to understand that it takes two... And every one of those should start looking in the mirror and ask themselves what can I do? Yes this is to all groups involved including my own, Turkish side. Georgia is ranked much better in most rankings and they are the one trying to avoid conflict, we can all learn from them.

Grinch

They announced this NOW? Isn't it a little early?

Joking aside, I'm sad that they won't be participating. Armenia is one of my favorite countries in ESC.
It was always fun to look for a political message through their song lyrics and mvs xcry

A-lister

Veteran
I agree Russia's interests are purely self-motivated. My comment was more so about the reasons why Armenia has been forced to play especially nice with Russia, and it's because of the dynamics of our beloved peace-loving, non-violent neighbors who seem to bend and twist reality and history to their own liking at all costsxheart

Nobody here is under the illusion that Russia is a desirable country to mimic. If we were, we wouldn't be so keen on trying this democracy thing. We're the most democratic in the region, according to FreedomHouse, and I sincerely hope we keep that going.

I get your point, I was just trying to explain what I meant with my earlier comment ;)

Zeus

I miss Armenia this year. Ethnic influence and a lot of times a good staging.

Also, that revamp for Athena's song last year was stunning.

Trece

Han Hazretleri
Staff member
As of now, it seems that Armenian broadcaster will not broadcast Eurovision. It's not in the TV guide. Wondering if they will add it later.
Same goes with Belarus

Top Bottom