Contact us

Armenia ARMENIA 2021 - not taking part

escYOUnited

Administrator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

A-lister

Veteran
sure! i'd love to see hungary and montenegro back, knowing that one withdrew because of a nq (bohohohoho poor girl) and the other withdrew in order to buy off some cars... xrollinglol
Cars? What did I miss? :lol:

Haverdge

Well, if Russia wins I think they could be back to support their puppet master.

I could also see them back if France or Georgia wins, but then again it depends on the situation. I hope for them that it de-escalates but who knows xshrug

I resent the wording of this message. “Puppet master” is not exactly the term used for that relationship when it’s primarily about defending ourselves from hostile neighbours.

in any case, the HOD says on his Instagram that we’ll be back next year.

A-lister

Veteran
I resent the wording of this message. “Puppet master” is not exactly the term used for that relationship when it’s primarily about defending ourselves from hostile neighbours.

in any case, the HOD says on his Instagram that we’ll be back next year.

Yeah we saw how well Russia "defended" you recently xshrug

There is no such thing as a mutual relationship with Russia, nor does Russia have any interest to stabilize any country in their so called "sphere of interest" really because stability leads to prosperity (hopefully) and ultimately less dependency on Russia. You do realize that Russia feeds of the status quo conflict you have with Azerbaijan and that they are playing on both sides to keep the conflict alive right? Not much of a "relationship" imho but each to their own xshrug

Anyways, quoting the Queen of Pop herself "You only see what your eyes want to see"...

With that said, I do hope that Armenia is back in 2022 and hopefully things will settle down a bit until then.

FilipFromSweden

Am I too uneducated on the topic or is is just lazy/embarassing to claim that Armenia can't take part because of lack of time to find an entry? Mam it would take you 48h

Without leading to political arguments and conspiracy theories xqueenbitch, Armenia's non-participation is certainly due to the harsh situation of the pandemic (even Sanremo this year is in crisis). ESC 2021 is not a priority for Armenia and must be respected. A one-year stop will allow their internal commission to find winning songs. It is true that you can find a song in 48 hours but paying to participate in the ESC and risk not entering the final is not pleasant at all. I'm only sorry for the Armenian spectators who dreamed of seeing their representative sing. Come on Armenia! You will come back strong in 2022!xyes

A-lister

Veteran
Without leading to political arguments and conspiracy theories xqueenbitch, Armenia's non-participation is certainly due to the harsh situation of the pandemic (even Sanremo this year is in crisis). ESC 2021 is not a priority for Armenia and must be respected. A one-year stop will allow their internal commission to find winning songs. It is true that you can find a song in 48 hours but paying to participate in the ESC and risk not entering the final is not pleasant at all. I'm only sorry for the Armenian spectators who dreamed of seeing their representative sing. Come on Armenia! You will come back strong in 2022!xyes

The whole world (more or less) has a "harsh situation" due to the pandemic, certainly the pandemic doesn't help but it's no conspiracy theory that the reason they withdraw is because of ongoing political turmoil rather than the pandemic alone.

But I do agree and hope they are coming back stronger and better next year.

A-lister

Veteran
Am I too uneducated on the topic or is is just lazy/embarassing to claim that Armenia can't take part because of lack of time to find an entry? Mam it would take you 48h

Google Armenia + news and I think you can easily find out why Eurovision isn't a priority for them right now.

The whole world (more or less) has a "harsh situation" due to the pandemic, certainly the pandemic doesn't help but it's no conspiracy theory that the reason they withdraw is because of ongoing political turmoil rather than the pandemic alone.

But I do agree and hope they are coming back stronger and better next year.
We are all experiencing difficulties, it is true. However, everyone chooses what to give more importance to. If participation is caused by their current political climate, I don't think we have to judge them. When they return in 2022 we will be ready to hug them again.

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Oh no, it's sad but understandable, considering the year Armenia had, honestly I was wondering if they're really going to participate ever since the conflict started. Ukraine took a break too and came back stronger, I hope Armenia does too!

Fluke

So disappointed, i hope Athena can come back and have a good result!

A-lister

Veteran
We are all experiencing difficulties, it is true. However, everyone chooses what to give more importance to. If participation is caused by their current political climate, I don't think we have to judge them. When they return in 2022 we will be ready to hug them again.

I don't blame them at all, quite the contrary I completely understand that there are other priorities, I mean it's sad but understandable and I welcome them back and hope their situation settles a bit. The country is very unstable now (with or without Corona).

Mrm

Veteran
Oooh dear Armenia.. :(
Such a sad news for us ESC fans...
I kind knw this will happen, but yesterday the message from Haverdge, gave me some hope they are in, but.. . xcry

I hope you come really strong next year..

And poor Athena, she tried to represent Greece so many times, and finally won the NF in Armenia totally fair, then happened covid, really unlucky she is.. :(

Top Bottom