American Samoa - 308 points
Connecticut - 298 points
Alabama - 225 points
North Dakota - 219 points
Tennessee - 163 points

Loindici

Veteran

shameless

So Tennessee is this years Sweden in being 2nd in the jury-votes but last in the tellyvote with the jurywinner Washington being very weak as well. Just confirms my suspicion that to win the jury-vote is more of a disadvantage than helpful with this concept.
Imagine if Ryker Lynch would've been the first winner, that would've been tragic.

shameless

Still amazed how this went nearly unnoticed in these boards.
Do we know if they will publish all the results of the tellyvote?

JohnArg

A-lister

Veteran
American Song Contest returns! Song submission has started!

Oh wow, they really give this crap flop a second shot? I'm surprised tbh...

Yeah just trash the Eurovision brand... thank you EBU for that!

Mainshow

Veteran
I´m surprised that there will be another edition... I didn´t even bother to watch any of the shows but - based on the snippets, I think that all entries were utterly crap or pretty underwhelming (the winning entry included).

12Pointsgoto.....

I´m surprised that there will be another edition... I didn´t even bother to watch any of the shows but - based on the snippets, I think that all entries were utterly crap or pretty underwhelming (the winning entry included).
95% of the songs were extremely difficult to listen to and were mostly just annoying pop songs with no melodic quality. They stage shows were all packed with people dancing to these songs which all had a very poor quality of musical composition. There was no hype for these songs as they were all played for the first time on the night, and the jury had a very low impact on the scores.

Yazy

This contest definitely didn´t do anything for me.

Even putting aside that so many songs were forgettable, one thing about this show that simply does not appeal to me is the fact that the main emphasis is put on the artists where as the states that they represent seem to be the background thing.

When Oklahoma won, it was pretty much: "Alexa this, Alexa that". "Alexa will officially perform at Billboard Music Awards..."
Oklahoma was mentioned couple of times but that´s about it as I recall.

And I think that this is something that no future editions will change as it just seems to be more of a cultural thing. The overall big emphasis on promoting the artist/performer is put in the first plan.
The advertisement business is generally a big thing in the USA. Many different things advertised and promoted during sports competitions and such.

And I´m not demanding for house rules of USA to change or anything, but yeah...
Just saying it ain´t for me.

12Pointsgoto.....

Why are you so pressed? You hardcore fans are annoying.

I'm happy it's getting a second season! I hope they fix some of the issues of the first season (better stage, no playback etc.)
Yes, it was a big issue for me that playback was allowed and so many people on stage were allowed. This didn't make states (not rly states but the delegations) think of creative staging and made everything incredibly boring. The songs were terrible and bland, Oklahoma had at least some interesting factors in the song. I also quite enjoyed Rhode Island. Watching the show was very bring as well, due to the hundreds of advertisements dragging out a show that has 27 minutes worth of music into this hour-long ordeal. Even our tv shows don't have this many ads.

A-lister

Veteran
It's official: the American Song Contest will not happen this year

xcheer

Great, this blasphemy of a show should have never happened in the first place, and when it turned out to be so ridiculously bad and bringing the Eurovision brand in the mud, I was even surprised it was even considered for a second season (considering that season 1 flopped).

Top Bottom