Edhe një, edhe ty
Një, dy, tre, ta marrsha
Ta marrsha, ta marrsha
Ta marrsha, ta marrsha

Ma kadalë, ma kadalë, ej
Ma kadalë, ma kadalë, ej​

Last edited by a moderator:

Rocket man

Finally, I can now be honest about this entry. This was a mess, everything about this was awful. The "singing", the meh dancing, Ronela's outfit, the camerawork, Ronela's obnoxious attitude from time to time in interviews.

I've watched Eurovision for a while and so you get knowledgeable about the fan flops, this was an obvious fan flop from the beginning and it only became more and more obvious when the semi final was getting closer.

Albania is a fantastic Eurovision country with so many incredible singers, Ronela is not one of them.

Last edited:

HayashiM

Veteran
I am very sorry for Ronela, I had Sekret just outside of my top 10, especially the ethnic elements are pure bliss (not to mention her obvious sexappeal that I cannot be completely impartial about). I don't even blame the vocals, I blame the choice for the recap snippet + what quite a few people have pointed out since the very beginning - there is too many things going on at the same time for a first time viewer. If we enter the comparisons with Moldova, the public has no distinct passage where it can immediately join in and just have fun partying. Unless you are in the niche of people who immediately know this is 100% their cup of tea, more replays are needed before you truly get the song.

Stagingwise I think Ronela played a fierce Xena who put on the mask of a vulnerable Barbie. Perhaps just going full warrior queen would've worked better? Which doesn't mean that there is anything "wrong" with vulnerable Barbies, of course...

Anyway, Albania is one of my favourite ESC countries, I hope (and expect) they don't resign on their specific flavour after this - I still enjoy it very much, no matter the musical genre it comes in :)

Last edited:

Kaz

Deadass Albania would have qualified with only two changes:
  1. Red, black, and gold staging instead of those cursed bisexual lights
  2. An outfit that made her look more like Jonida Maliqi and less like Brooke Scullion
Yes there are additional details which could have been improved (stronger vocals, tighter camera shots, less controversial choreo) but I honestly think the stage and costume were the two biggest killers for Ronela.

hijirio

Veteran
Trending at #30 in Youtube Turkey

Almost 1 Million views in only 1 day, more than all 10 qualifiers.

What kind of flop are yall talking about?

If it was that bad, she wouldn't amass this many views.

I think it's the juries who killed her.

ManiaMuse

I am somewhat surprised that so many ballads and slow songs got through this semi over this.

Having said that, I think forums like this full off hardcore Eurovision fans might not be entirely representative of the wider Eurovision audience.

For me it wasn't the worst thing we have ever seen at Eurovision but I did find that it was a bit unnecessarily hypersexualised in quite an aggressive way. Eurovision is a family show after all. The vocals weren't the best (though we've had worse) and all the messy dancing just felt like it was trying too hard. Why did the female dancer just appear halfway through and why did there need to be that much dirty dancing.

Maybe I'm a prude but the outfit was too much for me and I feel like it would have done better if everything was just toned down a notch.

hijirio

Veteran
It's 2022 why can't we still normalize sex?

I'm looking forward to the time Gen-Z becomes the majority in the society and we stop talking about this non-sense.

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
I don't think vocals were the reason she flopped (especially when the :ch: voice crack qualified 🤡), it was most likely the staging choices. She took a risk by not going the safe black-and-red Albanian stage, and sometimes risks pay off, sometimes they don't.

She will reap the rewards post-esc; she is an authentic, bold, and passionate performer with a loyal (and now bigger) fanbase. That being said, I hope she is going to therapy because the way she was coping with criticism was not healthy. :(

The entire show was a mess, for all the reasons already stated above. Such a wasted opportunity to lose this Albanian bop which could have been fantastic live just with better management.

But yeah, looking forward to the safe FiK ballad entry in 2023...

Ajeje Brazorf

I love this song but I expected a NQ. I didn't like the new staging and wasn't a fan of the revamp. If they sticked with something near their performance in FiK, Albania would have been a sure qualifier. It saddens me to say so, but sometimes less is better.

kamc

It went from classy (FIK) to trashy (ESC).
The FIK performance had a lot of intrigue and drama about it that pulled you in, whereas the ESC one was just an amateur looking hot mess.
And her outfit was terrible too. What was she wearing on her feet? They looked like the kind of comfortable boots you would throw on after the performance but not actually wear during it.

Bobjan FR

I'm afraid she flopped very hard. I found is was a bit the mess, in comparison, latvia straight after was more calculated.

But what an show anyway...... i was still thinking she had a chance to make it.

I'm a bit afraid that we won't see any songs like this winning FiK after this :/

Ajeje Brazorf

I'm afraid she flopped very hard. I found is was a bit the mess, in comparison, latvia straight after was more calculated.

But what an show anyway...... i was still thinking she had a chance to make it.

I'm a bit afraid that we won't see any songs like this winning FiK after this :/

Next year they will send a power-ballad or a mid tempo with awesome vocals for sure. They qualified with Eugent Bushpepa, Jonida Maliqi and Anche la Peristeri three times in a row, so maybe, even if not all the fans of the contest loved those songs because they were tired of Albania sending ballads, this is the genre which fit in the better for them in the contest.

Mainshow

Veteran
If it really was a weak semi, it should have been easy to sail through by a better performance.

If you don´t understand why Ronela didn´t qualify, just watch the recap again:

a shaky long note (heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey-eeeeeeeeeeeey), sounds of dry ice steams and one partly aggressive "rwwwwwa" sound.

The recap had ZERO televoting appeal - and casual viewers heavily rely on recaps, imo.

crashworld

Veteran
I don't think vocals were the reason she flopped (especially when the :ch: voice crack qualified 🤡),

But you forgotten that the juries don't vote during the actual live show. I have access to the jury show. Ronela sounded about the same in the jury show, so I can see the juries could have marked her down. Marius in fact sounded better in the jury show though as compared to his performance during the actual live show.

Top Bottom