As dritë nuk kam
Zoti nuk ma fal
T'thirra por sot nuk kam
Lotët mbledhur në dorë
Të ndryshkur janë​

Last edited by a moderator:

mauve

Veteran
Upgrading this from 7 to :10:. I wasn't a fan of the revamp at first, but this slaps hard and I really like it.

lasse braun

the early bird from albania like every year.
solid song - good voice - you know staging is all - maybe a surprise in semi 2?
:6:

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
I was thinking to this song earlier, and it's sad to see it being so overlooked and slept on because, you know, it's not pushed and hyped because of the kind of artist who sings it. It's also such an unique song which sounds like nothing else this year, and yet... God, once again the fans are just clueless. Nothing else to say. I hope that by the time the rehearsals start, this entry will get the justice it deserves.

A-lister

Veteran
A-lister's review:

So Albania is one of those peculiar countries that tend to choose the "wrong" winners from its national selection (at least according to my taste). If Albania would have chosen Era or Mirud this year, and all the other entries would have remained the same, they would be my #1 this edition, but instead a top. 20-15 is the highest I can go here. On the other hand, it's the only Albanian entry that I kinda like, apart from 2019, since "Suus" so I guess it's at least a step in the right direction?

The song is decent, it's however a bit similar to their 2019 entry but I'm liking the ethnic vibes (although is it just me or does it sound like they took the instrumental parts from the Greek 2020 entry here?). A huge plus that it's sung in Albanian, English would feel so out of place here and we've seen too often Albania making the wrong language choices in ESC. However, strip away the ethnic parts, and it does sound pretty much like most Albanian entries (a solo female vocalist singing a quite hard-to-get-into melody in a slow-paced song).

RevNet

THE GOOD:
  • Good vocals
  • It also has a bit of a beat, which I can appreciate.
THE BAD:
  • It got slightly boring in parts.
  • While I like that it's in Albanian, that might also hinder its chances.
THE VERDICT:

This is a fine effort by Albania. It might not win it all, but I do see it in the Final. The video is also fine if a bit creepy, perhaps. There's not much else to say, really. 8 points

Iker

Veteran
Anxhela is easily among the best vocalists at the Eurovision this year, but it is very possible that Albania will NQ. If Jonida Maliqi barely did so in 2019 with something more instant than it might not happen this year. I wish though good luck, this entry is in my top 10, but other people might not be impressed by it or simply grew tired by Albania sending drama-female-ballad every other year.

The staging will be make it or break it.

mauve

Veteran
Anxhela is easily among the best vocalists at the Eurovision this year, but it is very possible that Albania will NQ. If Jonida Maliqi barely did so in 2019 with something more instant than it might not happen this year. I wish though good luck, this entry is in my top 10, but other people might not be impressed by it or simply grew tired by Albania sending drama-female-ballad every other year.

The staging will be make it or break it.
Everyone is complaining that Albania keeps sending female (power) ballads, but who cares as long as it is a great entry? This year, it is in my top 10 easily (10 pts), and though I liked her original song better than the revamp, it still gives you so much energy. I hope so much that against all odds she will qualify.

rasmuslights

Veteran
Everyone is complaining that Albania keeps sending female (power) ballads, but who cares as long as it is a great entry? This year, it is in my top 10 easily (10 pts), and though I liked her original song better than the revamp, it still gives you so much energy. I hope so much that against all odds she will qualify.

yeah agree except they are not great hahah. 2021, 2017, 2016, 2014, 2011 are all appallingly bad. I like 2019, 2015 and 2020 though :) 2015 is in my top 10.

mauve

Veteran
yeah agree except they are not great hahah. 2021, 2017, 2016, 2014, 2011 are all appallingly bad. I like 2019, 2015 and 2020 though :) 2015 is in my top 10.
I truly like 2012, 2011, 2019, 2020 (but rather the Albanian version), 2021. But my all-time favorite (no ballad) is 2018 "Mall". xheart

Iker

Veteran
I truly like 2012, 2011, 2019, 2020 (but rather the Albanian version), 2021. But my all-time favorite (no ballad) is 2018 "Mall". xheart
I'd argue though that 'Mall' was a rock ballad. And yes - it was great and I was pleasantly surprised that Eugent got acknowledged with such high placement. Albeit for me he deserved even more. I slightly prefer listening though to its pre-revamped longer original with different arrangements.

I liked and still like most entries from :al:. I find 2006 (the most underrated one imho, very catchy), 2008 (I remember being mesmerised by the melody of the verses, I still sometimes sing this song in the shower, lol), 2009 (their best revamp for sure) all very cool too. 2015 was very good in studio, albeit slightly overrated within the bubble. Though slightly could be an understatement as by far it had the biggest amount of hype out of all of them.

That live of Elhaida Dani was off twice - both in the semi and in the final (but I know that Elhaida had sick throat, and I have relistened to her GF performance today and it was actually not as bad as I remembered it).

Last edited:

MAD20

The thing is that the two times in this decade Albania has been a bit riskier (not counting 2013) they've succeeded, we just need to have a look at Mall and Suus, easily their two best entries ever for me. I'm still salty Eugent didn't reach at least top 8 but well 2018 was a strong year. Even Jonida and the outrageous look and ethnic song were very good and different.

What happened in 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017? Strong vocalists (specially Elhaida that deservingly managed to qualify) but forgettable songs that did not stand out, and this is what happens with Karma as well, and if they keep their selection like this, also for coming entries from Albania next years. It's fair FiK choses the best singers because that's what it's all about, but I think they should rethink the fact that the winner is the artist going to Eurovision, and let public choose as well. Had this happened this year, I'm 100% sure Anxhela would not have been representing Albania, nor Arilena Ara last year.

mauve

Veteran
I'd argue though that 'Mall' was a rock ballad. And yes - it was great and I was pleasantly surprised that Eugent got acknowledged with such high placement. I slightly prefer listening though to its pre-revamped longer original with different arrangements.

I liked and still like most entries from :al:. I find 2006 (the most underrated one imho, very catchy), 2008 (I remember being mesmerised by the melody of the verses, I still sometimes sing this song in the shower, lol), 2009 (their best revamp for sure) all very cool too. 2015 was very good in studio, albeit slightly overrated within the bubble. Though slightly could be an understatement as by far it had the biggest amount of hype out of all of them.

That live of Elhaida Dani was off twice - both in the semi and in the final (but I know that Elhaida had sick throat, and I have relistened to her GF performance today and it was actually not as bad as I remembered it).
I like 2008 as well, but not so much 2006 and 2009.
Yes, I guess you can call "Mall" a ballad. Sometimes with certain songs it's hard to put into a genre. ;)

Iker

Veteran
The thing is that the two times in this decade Albania has been a bit riskier (not counting 2013) they've succeeded, we just need to have a look at Mall and Suus, easily their two best entries ever for me. I'm still salty Eugent didn't reach at least top 8 but well 2018 was a strong year. Even Jonida and the outrageous look and ethnic song were very good and different.

What happened in 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017? Strong vocalists (specially Elhaida that deservingly managed to qualify) but forgettable songs that did not stand out, and this is what happens with Karma as well, and if they keep their selection like this, also for coming entries from Albania next years. It's fair FiK choses the best singers because that's what it's all about, but I think they should rethink the fact that the winner is the artist going to Eurovision, and let public choose as well. Had this happened this year, I'm 100% sure Anxhela would not have been representing Albania, nor Arilena Ara last year.
Who would represent Albania then? What do you think? Mirud?

Iker

Veteran
I like 2008 as well, but not so much 2006 and 2009.
Yes, I guess you can call "Mall" a ballad. Sometimes with certain songs it's hard to put into a genre. ;)
When it comes to entries that are kinda universally liked but towards which I am indifferent about ... Albania's debut in 2004 springs to mind. 'The Image Of You' was competent but not my thing entirely. But Anjeza Shahini definitely could sing.

MAD20

Who would represent Albania then? What do you think? Mirud?

Personally I'd have chosen Era Rusi or Mirud. Even Inis Neziri was nice. Mirud chances went down because his performances were a complete letdown, but even if they had been spectacular, he wouldn't have been picked, as it happened to Elvana Gjata last year.

revallsay

Anxhela Peristeri - Karma - Albania

Oh, I forgot this song exists. It is just yet another powerfull balland performed by woman in a dress thaing in ont place the whole song with lights areound her. I love the fact it is in Albanian.

4/12

njdevils94

Veteran
Era Rusi is also competing in Kenga Magjike this year which was moved to the spring due to Covid. Very different from Zjarri im from FiK is singing a dramatic rock ballad with striking visuals. It looks like one of the favorites from those that have been presented so far.

Looren

Veteran
For those who didn't watched FIK :

I almost forgot her but actually she's one of the best vocalists this year

Top Bottom