Contact us

Airlines you flown with

Charly

What airlines id you fly with and what was your best flight/airline you had?

For me, I flew with multiple airlines which includes
British Airways
Royal Air Maroc
Air France
KLM
Vueling
EasyJet
Ryanair
Ukraine International Airlines
TUI (Thomson)

For me the best one I had would be UIA based on the meal I had which was actually tasty better tahn the chicken tagine they have on RAM :lol: or that pickle cheese sandwich on BA xheat

This year in June Finnair would be added on the list and that I can't way due to the fact i got Premium Economy with business like meal to Helsinki and Chongqing, China

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
ohh, only a small amount for me. Let me rank them based on how good I thought they were.

1- KLM Comfortable spacious seats, constantly given food and drink at no extra charge. Very enjoyable flight.
2- Flybe Only a small flight but I remember the seating being rather comfortable and not cramped.
3 - American Airlines Multiple flights with them and had no problems at all, about average and the meal was ok.
4 - RyanAir Annoying rules and strict baggage allowance, and all the hidden extras, but it was efficient with quick boarding and comfortable seating etc.
5 - Ukraine International Airlines Didn't enjoy at all, Seating was super cramped and the airplane was very hot, the air conditioning was useless and they only gave 1 small cup of water for the entire flight (luckily I took my own on also). There was also a group of french travellers sat around me and they all had pre-ordered meals and none of them got it.
6 - EasyJet Not necessarily the worse, but I was only 4 or 5 at the time of flying so can't remember much.

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
I'll do a full list later, but were I to rank like Ashley did, United Airlines would be at the very bottom. The really, really terrible things United Airlines does are what get into the press, but that ignores the myriad ways in which they're merely garden-variety awful.

MyHeartIsYours

:us:
1 American Airlines
Only flown with them once (Manchester to New York) but it was the only flight I have ever been on where I can say I actually enjoyed it! The aircraft was much older than British Airways (looked like something from the 80's) but that made absolute no difference to me as it was a top service and very friendly, always asking if you want anything else (I was happy to say yes more wine pls lol). So I was very pleased!

:uk:
2 EasyJet
Of the low-cost carriers, it is not as cheap as Ryanair, but the service is definitely better and the aircraft more comfortable imo.

:ie:
3 Ryanair
Like I say, the service isn't great but you can get almost anywhere for next-to-nothing fares so can't complain really!

4 British Airways
Proud of them as our flag carrier, however whilst the service was great, in contrast to American Airlines I found it to be very regimented and not very friendly. Eg you will eat at this time, you will have a drink at this time, if you don't then you've missed your chance! Also the seating is too cramped for long haul imo.

:fr:
5 Air France
Similar to British Airways in that respect, although I have only done a short flight with them (and they are not our flag carrier ;)) so can't really pass a proper opinion on them!

6 Flybe
No problems, just don't really have views either way!

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
I've forgotten some, as I have been on a lot of connecting flights with various different airlines, but these are the ones I can remember at the top of my head:

:se::no::dk:
Scandinavian Airlines (SAS)
I've only had good experiences with SAS. Usually good standard and usually punctual.

:de:
Lufthansa
Only good things to say. Very professional, organized and punctual (and thus very stereotypically German).

Germanwings
Low-cost airline, but I had a good experience. Much better than a certain Irish low-cost airline. ;)

British Airways
Flew with them back in the late '90s, but I only remember positive things about them. Though, the fact that it was my first time flying internationally probably made the experience even more special and exciting.

:fr:
Air France
I don't remember specifics, but I feel like if I would have had a bad experience I would have remembered it, so it was probably a good flight.

:is:
Icelandair
I don't remember anything specific, but just like with Air France I feel like any bad experiences would have stood out in my memory so I'm pretty sure it was a good flight.

:no:
Norwegian
Good low-cost airline. There were no hidden fees or extra charges like that certain Irish low-cost airline. Got the job done in a timely fashion.

:us:
American Airlines
Everything felt quite subpar. Not terrible, but not necessarily great either. The plane was very dated. It was a fairly short flight though, so it was OK.

Delta Air Lines
Excellent, at least back in 2001 when I flew with them. The plane seemed very fancy, even in economy class. It was my first trans-Atlantic flight and it was the first time I was in one of those large planes with two aisles and three groups of seating in each row. I remember thinking that it was just like in the movies.

Midwest Airlines
Lots of seat and leg room, even in economy. Only had a positive experience with this one.

Trans World Airlines (TWA)
I honestly don't have any memory of what they were like. It was only a domestic flight within the US.

United Airlines
You've heard about people's terrible experiences with them, but I had a good experience on my trans-Atlantic flight. Maybe not the best I've ever flown with, but certainly not the worst.

:ie:
Ryanair
Probably the worst airline I've ever flown with. Yes, they do offer (sometimes) insanely low prices on flights, but literally everything costs extra (even your luggage), so with all the added fees it's not that cheap in the end. Plus, they usually fly to airports in the middle of nowhere so you have to add the cost of traveling to the city you were meant to go to. Add the non-existent leg room to that and I'm not sure the supposed low cost is worth it in the end. I've lost count on how many times there have been issues of some kind or delays or other nuisances. They used to be pretty good actually, but then they started cutting back on standard and upped the costs.

Charly

I agree about Ryanair about being insanely cheap prices, for the past couple years we have been using them due to the price but also direct flights between Liverpool and Marrakech

cegs5

:nl: KLM 10/10 Best airline in the world. Very comfortable, friendly staff and new aircraft. I had only one issue with their app once, my flight status was updated in a way that only my arrival was shown as delayed, but the departure was on time xcrazy They only informed the departure was delayed as well on the gate.
:pt: TAP 10/10 Super friendly and well-organised.
:de: Lufthansa 10/10 Again, a great service.
:ch: Swiss 10/10 Only flew with them once, but was excellent!
:at: Austrian Airlines 10/10 same as above
:fi: Finnair 8/10 Mixed review here. If you don't know the Finnish character you may find their service a bit cold, but they have improved a lot.
:ec: TAME 7/10 A bit old aircraft, but I used them for short flights to Lima, so it was OK. The crew was very professional.
:pa: Copa Airlines 7/10 Same as above
:pe: Star Peru 7/10 Same
:es: Spainair (RIP) 7/10
:de: Air Berlin (RIP) 7/10 Very basic, but the flights were super cheap! I miss you!
:hu: Wizzair 7/10 If I pay less than 80 euros for a round-trip from Barcelona to Skopje I shouldn't complain. Basic service, a bit uncomfortable seats, but effective.
:es: Vueling 7/10 Although a low-cost airline, you don't feel they are pushing you to buy stuff onboard, the service is very basic but I don't mind, now that I live in Barcelona it's my first option as they fly almost everywhere.
:no: Norwegian 5/10 Very uncomforatble seats, the crew many times rude or just ignore your existance. The only reason I fly with them is the low prices, when they have offers because many times is almost as expensive as big companies.
:lv: AirBaltic 5/10 Only used them as a last minute booking or last option when other companies were too expensive. Their prices aren't especially cheap, and their connections from the Baltics to the rest of Europe aren't great either.
:fr: Air France 3/10 Unfriendly crew, even rude. Old aircraft for long haul flights, I could hadly watch a movie or read subtitles. Not even a welcome onboard, the crew pretend to be too busy for that, in 13 hours flight you hardly see them, unless you go to the toilet and find them chatting and grooming in the galley. Found the seats dirty with plastic bags from a previous flight, food is bad, water is not offered unless you get up and ask for that yourself, they are absolutely the oppsote of their business partner KLM.

Going to fly with :ie: Ryanair for the very first time in a couple of weeks :geek:

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Delta Air Lines
Excellent, at least back in 2001 when I flew with them. The plane seemed very fancy, even in economy class. It was my first trans-Atlantic flight and it was the first time I was in one of those large planes with two aisles and three groups of seating in each row. I remember thinking that it was just like in the movies.

ahaha That was the exact same for me on my first trans-Atlantic flight. I was super hyped for the fact there was a 'middle bit' with two aisles, because I saw it all the time in movies. Except in my case the seats were arranged in a 2-4-2 formation.

Charly

[MENTION=10140]cegs5[/MENTION]

I do hope the food would be good on Finnair especially the fact I have upgraded my meals to business class meals; Beef Brisket, Lamb :lol:

cegs5

[MENTION=10140]cegs5[/MENTION]

I do hope the food would be good on Finnair especially the fact I have upgraded my meals to business class meals; Beef Brisket, Lamb :lol:

I hope you have a good experience with them.
I can only talk about short-haul flights, European destinations. On Finnair European flights you only get free water, coffee and blueberry juice. All food is paid for. They anyway serve meals in business and have pre ordered ones for economy.
I have had very good starters, some v good main courses but occasionally a v bad one, and the desserts are often disappointing, such as a v industrial fruit pie, but I bet their business class meals for long-haul are good, they have great reviews.

r3gg13

:jp: Japan Airlines - By far my favorite airlines. Really friendly crew. Fantastic service and meals. I've flown with them since I was a kid. I remember getting a toys and trinkets from the FAs. It's nostalgia, plus 20+ years of flying with them.

:ph: Philippine Airlines- Asia's oldest airlines. It definitely shows. Their aircrafts are mostly ex-Iberia and ex-Canada Air fleet. So, pretty basic. As for service, pretty basic as well, and the FAs tend to be stiff. However, I believe they're getting new Boeing fleet delivered in the coming years. With that comes better experience and revamped service, I hope.

:my: Malaysia Airlines - I LOVE their meals and their entertainment system. One of the most comprehensive music selection I've ever encountered aboard a plane. My only gripe is that they're running on Southeast Asian time, so all the MAS flight I've had have been late xrollinglol.

:kr: Asiana Airlines - Used metal utensils and ceramic bowls for their economy meals. So surprising, and refreshing. Hated how cramped their A380 was.

:us: United Airlines - I love it so much that I got their miles/points card. I only fly them for international destinations, if it's domestic I'd rather crawl. The difference in staff quality between international and domestic is night and day. Their Dreamliner cabin is one of my favorite cabins to be in.

:us: American Airlines - Much like United, much better for international destinations than domestic destinations.

:uk: British Airways - THE BEST service I've ever had. I'm pleased with everything they do. I'm excited to fly with them again this June!

:fr: Air France - Nothing too memorable, but still a pretty decent experience.

:ch: Swissair - Classiest FAs I've ever seen in my life. Really nice experience overall. Loved how efficient everything felt.

:my: Air Asia / :uk: EasyJet / :hu: WIZZ Air - No frills, cheap as it can be. They get you from point A to point B. Love them for what they are.

:eg: Egypt Air - Not half bad. My family used to fly with them because their flights were dead cheap. Service then was pretty average. I hope they've changed for the better.

Pakistan International Airlines - I flew with them a handful of times, and the only memorable thing was the FA wiping condensation from the overhead storage. Condensation is fine, but if that's the only thing I remember then it's barely an average experience

--------------------------------

::sg SIA - I really need to try them out when they launch their LAX - SIN direct flight.

Per my husband, avoid China Southern at all costs. He avoids it like the plague.

theCONWEL

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
:au: Qantas Airways - My favourite airline. Friendly staff, great inflight entertainment (being able to listen to full Delta albums on the entertainment system was a plus xheat), and the food wasn't too bad either. They really made a 14hr journey bearable :lol:

:ae: Emirates - Very good, nothing to complain about really. I think it's awesome that they offer a Newcastle to Dubai direct route.

:ie: Ryanair - Flown with them so many times now, they really are handy when you just need to get from A to B without forking out too much... but tbh if I was financially able to I'd give them a miss everytime :lol:

:uk: Easyjet - Flew with them to Berlin when I went with university. It was only a short trip and I was so busy chatting with friends that I didn't notice anything bad or particularly memorable, just a quick efficient flight.

:uk: Thomas Cook Airlines - I think my bad memories of Thomas Cook really come from the fact that I was horrifically hungover on my way back from Sunny Beach, and after the flight was delayed by 3 hours because of an incident at Burgas Airport, I really wasn't feeling too good :lol: The in-flight experience was really basic though, and there was next to no legroom so it was very cramped.

:uk: Virgin Atlantic - This was quite a few years back on a flight from Heathrow to JFK. From what I remember, it was a very good experience, the flight attendants were friendly and the service was good.

Chorizo

edit

Last edited:

Ausesken

:pl: LOT Polish Airlines (1st travel) - it was my first flight ever and I remember it was good, at least we had lunch and the journey was very quiet . + I don't rememeber (2nd travel), I think it was Iberia but I'm not sure.
:it: :fr: :uk: Ryanair - Ryanair is fine for me; the airport is 10 min away by car of my home, it's cheap, I usually bring my own food, I don't need much space in these short journeys, and the only bad thing is that there are more rude people on the plane and that they try to sell too many things -I wondered if they were going to sell the plane too-, but other than that it's ok. It was key for me to go home several times when I was studying in Italy. To go to the UK now there is Jet2 in the airport of Girona, might be a good alternative, I don't know. And if I ever visit Poland again -I would love to because I love this country- I would use Ryanair XD
::berl I don't remember XD (it was not Ryanair, maybe Air Berlin? -which doesn't exist now-)

aardvark

FSC Mod
Staff member
:ao: TAAG Angola Airlines They were dirt cheap, that was the main plus. I flew 4 legs with them, and all flights were efficient and on time. The best thing was the amazing amount of legroom - very spacious and comfortable. On the downside the food was really not great, and almost all of the entertainment systems were broken. Luanda airport is not a nice place to have a layover, luckily mine was only about 3 hours.

:at: Austrian Airlines Only had a short flight from Salzburg to Frankfurt with them, but it was very good, and on par with Lufthansa.

:de: Lufthansa Great flights and excellent service. The best flights I had so far, but they don't come cheap.

qa.png
Qatar Airways They were actually really good. Excellent service, great food and comfortable seats. I would use them anytime again.

:za: South African Airways I always used to fly with them some years ago, and they were excellent. However, they really took a turn for the worst, and I haven't used them in recent years, because they don't fly anywhere useful anymore, and they are extremely overpriced. I would love it if they could get their act together again.

:ch: Swissair This was many years ago, so I don't remember much, but I think everything was just fine.

:tr: Turkish Airlines Everything was OK, but I remember most that the seats were incredibly cramped, and that made the whole experience less enjoyable.

CypriotGirl

Veteran
:ch:Swiss Air
Larnaca-Zurich-New York and back

:cy:Cyprus Airways
Larnaca-Prague and back

:gr:Aegean
Larnaca-Athens and back
Larnaca-Athens-Madrid and back

:ro:Blue Air
Larnaca-Athens and back
Larnaca-Bucharest