Contact us

520 errors

theditz83

Veteran
Just starting this new thread up so we can keep track of when this error crops up again so we know the full scale of the issue.

I'll start:

20:06 12th August - repeated 520 errors when trying to open the forum homepage. Refreshes just caused it to refresh the error.

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
It happens at least every 7 pages I click on. Usually I have to refresh and it will load perfectly but it becomes impossible when I have to do mod actions.
The other day I had to do this on 3 threads : edit title - change owner - move thread. It took me 10 minutes... it should have been done in 4. Almost every time I clicked on an action I got this error, and refreshing the page 5 times didn't help either, I had to go back to previous page and then come back to my thread and start again.

I don't know what is happening but this is seriously annoying.

theditz83

Veteran
The latest guaranteed way to get a 520 error for me is when trying to view my private conversation notifications.

Click the envelope - error 520 - refresh - click the envelope - see the list of most recent conversations - click the new message - error 520 - refresh and repeat again to finally view the message.

Schlagerman1

I have the same problem, at least 3-4 times daily I get the Error messages. I wonder if this has to do with the enourmous ads or if this is a totally different problem.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
@Sean mentioning so you see.

The 520 errors are literally one after another for me the past couple of days. It just took me several minutes to send a 3 word PM, and updating threads etc is a twice as long chore because of this issue.

theditz83

Veteran
Yeah, it's been less noticeable when just browsing the forum now, but anything involving PMs, editing threads/posts or voting in polls is just asking for trouble it seems 🙄

Sean

Admin
Staff member
Hi guys, I'll try and look into it as I get these too but I always assume it is some sort of error in fetching the page from our servers. I have not known it to cause any serious issues from my end. Thanks for bringing it to my attention

CypriotGirl

Veteran
Any news about this matter? It's beyond annoying. Sometimes I don't know if my PM was sent. Almost whenever I click "like it" or "edit" I get "Oops we ran into some problems" pop-up, sometimes twice and three times in a row.

Just to mention, I've just got "Oops we ran into some problems" when I clicked "post reply".

Top Bottom