Contact us

🎶 MOISANTIA | NSC 225 | Erika Vikman - Elizabeth Taylor 🎶

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member

theditz83

Veteran
So so honoured that The Wanted are now part of my NSC history after the terrible loss of Tom. Here's a quick video highlighting Tom's story - a story that is sadly all too familiar for so many people around the world.

#StandUpToCancer

theditz83

Veteran
For NSC 205, we're going with a one-take live shoot of this bop - never let anyone steal your shine or treat you like dirt... xheart

::moi MOISANTIA NSC 205 ::moi
KAWEHI - (Not Another Lame) Fight Song
94a9fd16c76440e9c01aede53f6603da.jpg

Lyrics:
Tell me what you're thinking
Every little secret
I wanna know you like a second skin
Own you like a Vixen

I'll be your Iago
Whispering in mono
Your pretty little sycophant
Oblivious affliction

Oh, where to start?
(bullet straight right through the heart)
Oh, it's an art
Tearing everything apart!

Look out, here I am
Blowing through your brain
Like a motherfucking train
All eyes up you will know my name
Look out, here I am
Blowing through domain
Like a fucking hurricane
All eyes up, you will know my name

It's more than settling the score
I just want to rip your chord out
Break every little vein
You must think I'm so insane!

Oh, where to start?
(bullet straight right through the heart)
Oh, it's an art
Tearing everything apart!

Look out, here I am
Look out, here I am
Blowing through domain
Like a fucking hurricane

Look out, here I am
Look out, here I am
Blowing through domain
Like a fucking hurricane

You will know my name
You will know my name
All eyes up
You will know my name

Paper7

Had her for a very long time on my list for Paperland (and Paper & INK and so on) after i fell in love with her after her video to "Anthem" and kinda regret it, that i never sent her. Never had the feeling, that its the right moment for it.

I really wish you good luck with her fight song. :)

theditz83

Veteran
Had her for a very long time on my list for Paperland (and Paper & INK and so on) after i fell in love with her after her video to "Anthem" and kinda regret it, that i never sent her. Never had the feeling, that its the right moment for it.

I really wish you good luck with her fight song. :)
Aww thanks for the love - I found her a few months back, and this track and video performance has just stuck with me with its style and power. xlove

theditz83

Veteran
Not me borrowing artists from my WV jury for NSC - recycling is good for the environment after all, and for me this is a proper NSC mood xheya

::moi MOISANTIA NSC 206 ::moi
Eefje de Visser - Stilstand
Eefje.jpg

Lyrics (with likely sketchy English translation courtesy of Google):
You sleep on the edge
Je slaapt op de rand

My darling, you drink and drown
M'n schat, je drinkt en verdrinkt

Till I fall away and perish
Tot ik wegval en verga

The deep is endlessly deep
Het diep is eindeloos diep

But what are you throwing away?
Maar wat gooi je weg?

What love, what love, what do you love?
Wat hou, wat hou, wat hou je?

Come on, what do you want to see?
Kom op, wat wil je zien?

What do you see, what do you see, what do you see?
Wat zie, wat zie, wat zie je?

You sleep on the edge
Je slaapt op de rand

You don't want to go anywhere
Je wil nergens naartoe

It ends endlessly here
Het loopt eindeloos dood hier

Come on, what do you want to see?
Kom op, wat wil je zien?

What do you want to be
Wat wil je zijn

But this is standstill, why are you sleeping?
Maar dit is stilstand, waarom slaap je?

And what am, what am, what are you?
En wat ben, wat ben, wat ben je?

And what are you throwing away?
En wat gooi je weg?

What love, what love, what do you love?
Wat hou, wat hou, wat hou je?
What am, what am, what are you?
Wat ben, wat ben, wat ben je?

But this is a standstill, why are you sleeping?
Maar dit is stilstand, waarom slaap je?

Why, why don't you hunt?
Waarom, waarom jaag je niet?

Out in the heart of the jungle
Buiten in het hart van de jungle

Cause this is quicksand, why are you sinking?
Want dit is drijfzand, waarom zink je?

Why, why don't you float?
Waarom, waarom drijf je niet?

Why don't you bite into anything?
Waarom bijt je nergens in vast?

For a moment you forgot everything, you looked down
Even vergat je alles, je keek naar beneden

But it didn't stop there
Maar het hield nergens op

It's deep, always, everywhere
Het is diep, altijd, overal

theditz83

Veteran
xmusic HELP US SELECT OUR NSC 207 ENTRY AND RETURN EUROBEAT TO THE NSC FINAL xheya

This is an open call to all NSC and WL nations that love some more high-speed electronic energy - Moisantia is bringing Eurobeat back to the contest, and we need voters to help select our entry from 10 of my favourite-ever male-vocal songs. xheat

Our pre-qualification round with entrusted Eurobeat stans Ana & Morty has already halved the field, but to give you taste for the type of tracks you will find in this NF, check out some of the songs that failed to make it through the PQ round below...

If you're interested in helping us out with this NF and being an advanced voter, leave me a comment below and I'll hit you up with the 10 songs in the running. Simple ranking with ESC points required, nothing more complicated ;)

Thanks in advance and thanks also for the support in NSC 206 so far xhug

Last edited:

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Solentoyan news is already covering the story, we're intrigued.

theditz83

Veteran
8512397040733421584_1.png

MALE ANTHEMS for NSC 207

We're bringing back the Eurobeat vibez for NSC 207, and this time around, we have 10 of my favourite ever male-vocal tracks from a variety of Eurobeat labels.

First of all, I want to extended a massive thank you to @Morty and @Ana Raquel for assisting with the pre-NF duel round - they helped whittle the field down from 20 to 10 and now it's over to all of you NSC & WL legends to help us decide the lucky song that will hopefully help bring Eurobeat back to the NSC final xlove

Voting is simple - just rank the 10 tracks below in order of your favourite to least favourite, and assigning ESC scoring (:12: :10: :8: - :1:)

As an additional incentive for the WL nations, your votes will have a major part to play since the song that doesn't win but received the highest total from the regular WLSC participating nations here will be our WLSC entry in the following edition as well, so we really need you guys to vote xlove

The voting deadline will probably be around 12 hours prior to the NSC 207 submission deadline, but more on that later. And this won't be the only Super Eurobeat NF that we're holding - I'll have another for my top 10 female-vocal tracks in the 210s, and sometime thereafter my top 10 group/duet tracks as well xlove

THE TRACKS

01 D.Essex - Boom Boom Fire
(Label: Delta Vintage era)

Gary says "Vintage Delta are amongst some of the hardest hitting tracks when I consider the early days of my Eurobeat obsession. The heavy kick drums, speedy synchopated melodies and the switching of layers as the songs progressed really caught my attention, and they are undoubtedly some of the most iconic-sounding classic Eurobeat tracks to this day"

02 Nick Mansell - Mission Impossible
(Label: SCP Modern era)

Gary says "SCP Music was definitely my favourite label. They perfectly straddled the middle-ground between the trance/dance styles that I always loved growing up and those classic Eurobeat hooks and production quirks that I came to adore from diving into the genre. SCP's male tracks would often feature a heavy electric guitar backing which combined with the strong saw/attack synths to give a really high-energy flair that is so addictive!"

03 David Dima - Heart's On Fire
(Label: Dima Music)

Gary says "
Dima Music (which started out as Vibration) always had one of the most distinctive production styles. Spearheaded by David DiMarcantonio (DiMa) he provided the vocals for many of the labels male anthems, and while this track was one of the later songs in the label's catalogue, it perfectly encapsulates everything that made their tracks so catchy - those orchestra hits and the guitars xheat"

04 Mega NRG Man - Burning Desire
(Label: A-Beat C)

Gary says "
A-Beat C were a founding label of the Super Eurobeat compilation series, one of the longest running compilations in the world. Without a doubt, this song is one of the best loved tracks, featuring an excellent progressive melody, strong pulsating bass stabs that help push the pace even further on, and an amazing subtle key change into the chorus that just hits the right chord to keep me coming back for repeat listens. A-Beat C also loved a guitar solo in their male-solo tracks ;)"

05 Energy Man - Bad Bad Bad
(Label: Time Records)

Gary says "
Time Records were the original label to feature on Super Eurobeat, but they had a bit of a torrid time during the middle of the compilation's run taking a step back for many years before returning in the SEB 170s with a renewed energy and vigour. This track was definitely one of the highlights of the new Time Records era, thanks in part to the tribute that the melody and rhythms paid to one of my favourite Delta Records tracks... listen back to Song 1 in this NF to see what I mean..."

06 David Kane - Stargate To Heaven
(Label: Akyr Music)

Gary says "
Laurent Gelmetti (Newfield) was one of the founders of Delta Music, but after leaving the label he briefly had his own venture Akyr Music. Without a doubt, Newfield's style and melodic flair were my favourite elements from Delta since there was not a single bad song from Akyr Music in the 4 short years that they produced and released songs. This track - one of their debut tracks - is without a doubt their best though, and even echoes elements of another of my favourite labels, Dima!"

07 P.Stone - My Hot Shot Katana
(Label: Hi-NRG Attack)

Gary says "
Hi-NRG Attack were always one of the most unique Eurobeat labels, and they were probably the one that best echoed the melodies and production styles of Italo Disco/Hi-NRG (two of the genre pre-cursors of modern Eurobeat). The use of heavy stab synths with insanely synchopated hooks were a major identifier for HRG's songs, and while the majority of their tracks exceeded 160 BPM, this track was slightly more sedate (but no less hectic!)"

08 Ace - Breakin' Out
(Label: SCP Vintage era)

Gary says "
In SCP's earlier years, their male tracks were pretty much dominated by Ennio Zanini ("Fastway") and the awesome Christian Codenotti ("Ace"). Of course, Ace is a familiar sight to NSC having represented us previously with "Crazy On Emotion" but here we get to enjoy one of his earlier tracks that only just enjoyed a full release towards the end of the 2010s after SCP regained the rights to their back catalogue from Avex Trax. The guitars and heavy kick drum are still present, but I adore the richer saw/brass synth as well xheart"

09 Dejo & Bon - Wheelpower and Go!
(Label: SinclaireStyle)

Gary says "
Label owner Andrea Leonardi (better known as Bratt Sinclaire) was one of the most iconic Eurobeat producers at A-Beat C, but after parting ways he set up his own label and SinclaireStyle is still one of the most active labels to this date. When SinclaireStyle gained a spot on the Super Eurobeat series they helped bring their own retro style of Eurobeat to the masses, and this track (featuring the vocalist of perhaps the best known male Eurobeat track "Night of Fire") is a real energy-fuelled trip with probably my best guitar solos in Eurobeat history!"

10 Mark Astley - Super Rider
(Label: Delta Modern era)

Gary says "
For me Delta really returned to their glory days as we approached the SEB 200s, and Mark Astley was gifted probably their best ever male-led song in the form of "Super Rider". Lyrically, it could easily be mixed up with any number of other Eurobeat tracks, but when you combine it with the perfect BPM, the insane melodies and most perfect chord progressions, you're left with what is probably my personal favourite male Eurobeat track ever. But don't let me sway you... :lol:"

Copy & paste list:

CLICK FOR FULL YOUTUBE PLAYLIST

Send your votes via PM to me and thanks for listening - hope you enjoyed xlove

Voted:
::tan ::bal ::grf ::ros ::bif ::sol ::svo ::uto Sween (::moi for use in tie-break only)

Last edited:

theditz83

Veteran
I'll be holding a LL for this NF for all NSC/WLSC nations (since you all have a vested interest here ;) ) and figured I'd have it either Wednesday or Thursday evening around 21:00CEST since I'll be away all weekend and this shouldn't clash with any other shows or LLs on the forum.

Let me know which night suits you guys best and I'll go with the majority... Hope we can have a decent turnout xhug

😍 for Wednesday, 👍🏻 for Thursday

theditz83

Veteran
We have 5 votes in so far, so let's have a little blind leaderboard.... The fight for the top spot is lit 🔥

1st: 38 | 2nd: 37 | 3rd: 37 | 4th: 35 | 5th: 32 | 6th: 29 | 7th: 26 | 8th: 25 | 9th: 15 | 10th: 14

theditz83

Veteran
8 voters now... It can all still change with a couple of votes, but is it turning into a 2 horse race? xheat xfaint

1st: 69 | 2nd: 62 | 3rd: 54 | 4th: 54 | 5th: 48 | 6th: 44 | 7th: 40 | 8th: 39 | 9th: 31 | 10th: 21

theditz83

Veteran
Thanks to the 9 nations that took the time to vote here, you're all legends!

I won't reveal the full results just yet to keep the suspenders for WLSC but in the end, there was only 1 point in it!!

::moi MOISANTIA NSC 207 ::moi
Mark Astley - SUPER RIDER

Lyrics:
Gentlemen, start your engines!!!

I'm Mr.Rider baby
I'm turbo rider baby
Hurry up and go faster, faster
Baby start my engine!

Now I feel my life in tension
Jump into the disco, ready for the fashion
Can't you see the night is lighter
Come on take me higher, don't you leave me drier