Contact us

Live ⭐ WV CONGRATS SPECIAL EDITION // MOST SUCCESSFUL WINNERS MINI CONCERT 2 OCT 21:00CET ⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.

WorldVision

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
congrats-edition-promo-banner.png

Hello WV community!
Some of you may be aware, some of you not, but as of September 1st Worldvision will officially be 10 years old! We want to celebrate this huge milestone with a big big celebration extravaganza for current, past and future players. We want to do something fun for everyone to be part of, so we hope you will all be joining us back in the city where Worldvision was born, Rio De Janeiro.

So what are we planning to do?
Well, as they say, go big or go home. The mod team has spent the past couple of weeks discussing ideas, conjuring between what is possible and what we think people may like and this is what we came up with:

+ WV CONGRATS

The main event
  • An exceptional edition, open to all current, previous and OP players.​
  • Not far off from the NSC Congrats edition, except you will get to choose entries not previously sent before. Take this opportunity to play with a new country or region!
  • The idea is to be more of a celebration than pure competition, so go wild! A special voting system will be used.
  • This celebration will take place after WV160. The next WV edition will resume regularly once the special edition is done. The winner of WV160 will keep hosting rights for WV161.

+ Miniconcerts
Keep the celebration spirit going! A series of miniconcerts to be held with agreed themes:
  • WV most successful winners
  • Throwback Thursday (chosen randomly among the 160 editions)
  • Peoples Choice (People choose an entry)

+ Quiz
Let's add some spice, shall we, 2 quizzes are to be held:
  • A live quiz with a quick question & answer format
  • A second, harder one which will give another opportunity to those who can't make it to the live quiz
  • The quiz matters... because you have the chance to win bonus points that will go towards your final total on your Congrats entry 🔥

+ World Cup
Why not pin continent against continent with a fun little extra?
  • As explained before, use this opportunity to try other nations! The world has a lot to offer.
  • After the final results we'll have the average score of each continent.

Planned Schedule
-Dates subject to change-

Submission : 15/08 - 28/08 23:59CEST
Voting : 01/09 - 28/09
Results : 30/09​

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
surprised-italian-spiderman.gif

Legendary and iconic. How exciting! My head is immediately spinning with Congrats song ideas and my brain is already spinning just generally, dammit.

esc87fan

WV 31 in Rio was where I got my first ever top 5 finish back when I was Switzerland ("Up in the Sky" by 77 Bombay Street). I can't wait!

Oh my, I will definitely take part in this! Celebrating WV history and rediscovering old gems!

One thing I'm wondering is, how will the submission work?

Can you post multiple of your own entries in the past or just one for each miniconcert you will set up here?

Interesting stuff indeed.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Oh my, I will definitely take part in this! Celebrating WV history and rediscovering old gems!

One thing I'm wondering is, how will the submission work?

Can you post multiple of your own entries in the past or just one for each miniconcert you will set up here?

Interesting stuff indeed.

The only thing you'll need to submit is your entry for the Congrats, unless asked specifically for anything else. What we're doing with the miniconcerts is basically live listen events. We're still discussing these but we will put a procedure in place for them, with the hopes of making it a game of sorts. You'll know more in time. :D

The only thing you'll need to submit is your entry for the Congrats, unless asked specifically for anything else. What we're doing with the miniconcerts is basically live listen events. We're still discussing these but we will put a procedure in place for them, with the hopes of making it a game of sorts. You'll know more in time. :D
Okay, something I had in mind is probably sending like 5 entries from different eras in WV history as a retrospective. As the entries in WV 10-15 weren't the same as my entries today.

Or something like that.

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
Oh my, this sounds like a lot of fun. I was hoping that there would be some kind of celebration. xheat

I'm only confused about the entries part. Surely a congrats edition means sending one of your own previous entries? We used to have congrats editions in WV too back in the day. I could see it being stretched to include sending any past WV entry, and not just your own. But why new songs not sent before? That just makes it another regular WV edition as far as the songs go. xshrug

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Oh my, this sounds like a lot of fun. I was hoping that there would be some kind of celebration. xheat

I'm only confused about the entries part. Surely a congrats edition means sending one of your own previous entries? We used to have congrats editions in WV too back in the day. I could see it being stretched to include sending any past WV entry, and not just your own. But why new songs not sent before? That just makes it another regular WV edition as far as the songs go. xshrug

The format is Congrats style, in that there wont be semis and it uses a unique voting system - not much more. It's part of the reason the DDL is so very long. The concept is meant to be a celebration of looking forwards with everyone on the same playing field and being encouraged to try somewhere new. Part of this is using the congrats as a way to send that one song you've wanted to send but never have done because you haven't had the opportunity to take that country or find the 2 extra entries that are needed. For example, while there is nothing to stop you taking it, but we would hope you wouldn't pick Svealand. The miniconcerts are there to showcase the past and what WV had to offer. It's just meant to be less competitive, more fun and laid back.

hijirio

Veteran
Woah, going back to Rio, 160 editions back, 10 years.

UNBELIEVABLE

Everything sounds extremely interesting about this concept

Hiji is in xwave

Uto

Veteran
Ok so essentially we all are free to play whatever country or region and are encouraged to send whatever stuff we just need to get off our chest? Like ridiculous meme songs, that PQ you were saving but never got around to, that song everyone in your in-joke circle knows by just saying one word etc? And then we play all these other games around it? It will no doubt be one enormous mess. Wigs will fly. Sounds good to me.

@Stargazer : Let Ashley talk his talk, but we all know that any proper celebration of WV can not be complete without you playing Svealand. I mean I've been here for only two years so I don't know even half the history, but I do know that there has only been one single constant in WV and that is you playing Svealand. In the name of meme please play Svealand.

Zeus

Cool.

People doing something different is also nice. Taking a different country/region, getting out of your comfort zone a bit.

I might send a BOP for once.

Dates are very wide tho, it's friendly, but might take the excitement out of it a little bit. But that's just a minor thing. Most important is to be able to organise everything without getting burn-outs ofcourse.

SAYAY

I think I already have a couple of songs in my mind and I dont think people will like it :ROFLMAO:

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member

To add to that, if others are wondering about it too, by sending only previous entries it would be excluding for the OP list members or the newcomers who don't have a big pool of entries to choose from. Obviously people could send entries that weren't their own, but it could turn quite a hassle to go pver all these editions to find one you like.
This way everyone can get loose.

Last edited:

ShoeFlo

atm I am playing WV with minimum effort but omfg I am living for this!! I always wanted to have WV quizzes. And I love the idea of honouring and remembering past winners and editions as we never take the time for that... because once an edition is over the next one is aready starting. That special edition is also a good act of deceleration and musing xup

SAYAY

*asked my question in wrong thread sorry*

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
mYNPHYG.png

JOIN US LIVE FOR THE 1ST QUIZ OF THE CONGRATS EDITION
06 SEPTEMBER 21:30 CET
[LINK]

Listen to music live while taking part in a quiz about the history of Worldvision.
Test your knowledge, and earn crucial points that will go towards your congrats
entries final score, it's all to play!

We look forward to seeing you all there!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom