Contact us

⭐ WV CONGRATS // SECOND QUIZ // DDL 27-09 23.57 CET // ANSWERS TO GERA11⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alevender

Super Moderator
Staff member
vip-corner-3.png

As promised, WV Congrats is about to experience another wonderful event, and that is yet another quiz! The Quiz consists of 30 questions and you will have about two weeks to submit your answers so it is not just about the speed and luck this time! See the questions below!

01. How many times before WV 160 have WV Congratulations been hosted?
02. Name 10 forum members who have been part of WV Mod Team (you can also include current Staff members).
03. Who is the juror with the longest DNQ streak?
04. Which was the last edition that saw 3 semi finals?
05. Which countries and/or regions failed to submit an entry to WV 145?
06. How many times has Uusimaa taken part?
07. Which was the first edition when participants had to send their entries to WorldVision account?
08. How many participants have won 2 editions in a row?
09. Name 5 European capital cities that have participated as regions in WorldVision.
10. How many entries from Africa were submitted to WV 15?
11. Which entry has the highest average (= total score/number of voters) score on record in a final?
12. Who are the 5 jurors to win on their debut?

13. Who are the jurors to come last in a WV final twice in a row?
14. Which edition saw the highest number of participants and how many entries were submitted?
15. What is the highest placement a non-voter got in the final and which country or region was it?
16. How many and which Swedish regions, not including Sweden, have participated in WV?
17. What is the highest placement a REJU qualifier got in the final, and which country or countries got it?
18. Pot Russian Mafia, Pot Divergents, Pot Hip and Pot Fabulous As Fuck. What was the fifth pot?
19. Which WV Grand Final thread has most replies?
20. How many participants voted against changes in the San Remo poll?
21. When was the last time a region of Iceland participated in WV and which region was it?
22. This region has competed only once and is located in Romania. Which region is it?

23. Which is the only capital city of Africa to take part in WV as region?
24. How many and which participating countries in common had WV 160, FSC 163 and OM 42?
25. Who were the designers of Second WV Magazine?
26. Last Night in Soho is a psychological horror film. Name the edition where one of its shots appeared on banner for one of the participating countries/regions.
27. Guess the entry!
• It comes from a European country that has hosted Eurovision Song Contest 3 times.
• This country is located in Northern Europe.
• Username of the WV participant who sent this entry, starts with letter V.
• This entry reached the Grand Final and achieved a higher placement there than in Semi Final.
• Specters and phantoms can be associated with title of this song.
28. Guess the participant!
• This participant has participated in WV for more than 100 times and is currently taking part as well.
• This participant has been Moderator of one of the contests on Forum.
• This participant has never been a juror of any region or country in WV outside Europe.
• Two of the countries this participant has taken part for, also have regions that this participant competed with.
• This participant has changed the username in past.
29. This city has hosted WV twice. Interval between both times it was a host city makes 35 editions.
30. For how many editions did Taste Index Chart exist and which was the first edition when it appeared in WV?

Does it look easy to you? Does it look difficult to you? No matter what, you should give this quiz a try! It is a brilliant way to earn more bonus points!
106.gif

As title suggests, send your answers to Gera11 until September 27, 23.57 CET!
Best of luck!

ShoeFlo

Oooh the questions are fun :mrgreen:

there are a few questions I could answer by heart, but some of them look pretty difficult

look forward to rack my brain and search for the answers

ShoeFlo

Answers sent xqueenbitch

I answered 29/30, just one question I could not figure out at all

I just hope I didnt make typos or other careless mistakes cause I did all this in night hours

EDC0708

Just to check, are we supposed to research these, or do we have to guess the answers?

esc87fan

If you've been around long enough (ie: a WV old-timer like me, LOL), some of the answers will come to you instantly. Otherwise, check around the threads, the databases, the Green Room and even the Wiki if those pages are open

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

Except replace 4 minutes with about 4 hours... times 2. Some of these were super fiendish but I've answered them all. One I confess was an educated guess and another being me praying it's a trick question (cause what the heck is a taste index chart 👀). The other twenty eight I feel quite hopeful with. Well done quiz masters. I hate love you dearly.

cegs5

Hats off to the people who answer this long and hard quiz.

I personally got no time for it, sorry. It's been a very busy couple of weeks, but it'll be fun to get to know all the answers.

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
ANSWERS TO THE QUIZ

Easy questions:
01. How many times before WV 160 have WV Congratulations been hosted?
A. 2
E. WV 01-20 hosted by chontono and WV 21-50 hosted by Gabe.

02. Name 10 forum members who have been part of WV Mod Team (you can also include current Staff members).
A. All possible answers:
Alevender, AshleyWright, Edweis, Gera11, theCONWEL (current); esc87fan, Ausesken, DaFlo, Veronika, Mozz, daniels1000, Trece, theditz83, CypriotGirl
Important: WorldVision general account does not count as valid answer so in case someone sends 9 correct Mods + WV general account it does not count as correct answer.

03. Who is the juror with the longest DNQ streak?
A. Romeo
E. 20 editions (WV 51-71)

04. Which was the last edition that saw 3 semi finals?
A. WV 92

05. Which countries and/or regions failed to submit an entry to WV 145?
A. Ukraine and Croatia
E. WV 145 confirmations thread

06. How many times has Uusimaa taken part?
A. 86
E. Database

07. Which was the first edition when participants had to send their entries to WorldVision account?
A. WV 07
E. WV 07 confirmations thread on page 42

08. How many participants have won 2 editions in a row?
A. 5
E. RomanFromRussia (WV 02-03); daniels1000 (WV 12-13); Mozz (WV 14-15); ferret (WV 86-87); EurovisionSmile (WV 137-138)

09. Name 5 European capital cities that have participated as regions in WorldVision.
A. Database will help..

10. How many entries from Africa were submitted to WV 15?
A. 2
E. Rwanda, South Africa

11. Which entry has the highest average score on record in a final?
A. WV 18 Azerbaijan Latifa Soyuoz - Hedef [244 pts, 1st place]
E. = points received/points total [244/voters-1*12]

12. Who are the 5 jurors to win on their debut?
A. VasilijeM, Veronika, Carrie, Krishoes & Grinch

Medium questions:
13. Who are the jurors to come last in a WV final twice in a row?
A. Krishoes, AshleyWright, Rose82, Sultana
E. Krishoes (WV 50-51); AshleyWright (WV 70-71); Rose82 (WV 27-28); Sultana (WV 124-125)

14. Which edition saw the highest number of participants and how many entries were submitted?
A. WV 81
E. 76 participants, easy to find by 32nd place in Final

15. What is the highest placement a non-voter got in the final and which country or region was it?
A. 2nd, Bern
E. WV 14

16. How many and which Swedish regions, not including Sweden, have participated in WV?
A. 7; Dalarna, Götaland, Norrland, Småland, Svealand, Stockholm, Stockholm City
E. Database

17. What is the highest placement a REJU qualifier got in the final, and which country or region was it?
A. 2nd, Canada/USA

18. Pot Russian Mafia, Pot Divergents, Pot Hip and Pot Fabulous As Fuck. What was the fifth pot?
A. Pot Efitallia Stormhodi
E. This was part of the April fools day in 2016.

19. Which WV Grand Final thread has most replies?
A. WV 13 Final
E. Apply a filter on Forum (descending replies)

20. How many participants voted against changes in the San Remo poll?
A. 22
E. https://www.escunited.com/forum/threads/san-remo-poll.22427/

21. When was the last time a region of Iceland participated in WV and which region was it?
A. WV 68, Greater Reykjavik

22. This region has competed only once and is located in Romania. Which region is it?
A. Maramures
E. WV 64

Difficult questions:
23. Which is the only capital city of Africa to take part in WV as region?
A. Windhoek

24. How many and which participating countries in common had WV 160, FSC 163 and OM 42?
A. 4: Japan, Russia, Israel, Cyprus

25. Who were the designers of Second WV Magazine?
A. nekoisneko, TheLuflee, NoraZineb2012 (Sultana)
E. Both NoraZineb2012 and Sultana are acceptable answers;
Sources: https://www.escunited.com/forum/thr...ad-coming-soon-issue-03-important-news.10760/ https://issuu.com/nekoisneko/docs/wv_magz_02_neww - page 25

26. Last Night in Soho is a psychological horror film. Name the edition where one of its shots appeared on banner for one of the participating countries/regions.
A. WV 155
E. https://www.escunited.com/forum/threads/wv-155-bremen-semi-final-ii-results-pg-2.24238/ ; "what's on my banner"

27. Guess the entry!
• It comes from a European country that has hosted Eurovision Song Contest 3 times.
• This country is located in Northern Europe.
• Username of the WV participant who sent this entry, starts with letter V.
• This entry reached the Grand Final and achieved a higher placement there than in Semi Final.
• Specters and phantoms can be associated with title of this song.
A. VOLA - Ghosts
E.
  • Explanation:
    • Step 1. 6 countries have hosted ESC 3 times: France, Norway, Germany, Denmark, Israel and Italy.
    • Step 2. 2 of them are located in Northern Europe: Norway and Denmark.
    • Step 3. 3 WV participants who have participated for Norway and/or Denmark, have their usernames starting on letter V: vikt0r, VasilijeM, Veronika.
    • Step 4. 4 entries they have sent from these countries have showed better placements in Final than Semi:
      • 12 Denmark Aura Dione Geronimo vikt0r 77 6 161 5
      • 64 Norway Ina Wroldsen ft. Broiler Lay It On Me VasilijeM, Lenalite 75 4 215 2
      • 95 Denmark Surfact Last Mile Veronika 58 12 125 8
      • 106 Denmark VOLA Ghosts Veronika 54 12 103 7
    • Step 5. Specters and phantoms indicate that this entry is VOLA - Ghosts, sent by Veronika to WV 106.

28. Guess the participant!
• This participant has participated in WV for more than 100 times and is currently taking part as well.
• This participant has been Moderator of one of the contests on Forum.
• This participant has never been a juror of any region or country in WV outside Europe.
• Two of the countries this participant has taken part for, also have regions that this participant competed with.
• This participant has changed the username in past.

A. Fierro
E. Last hint significantly reduces the field of possible answers but not everyone knows that Fierro has changed username in past (Extra). The procedure is similar to one for Veronika's entry.

29. This city has hosted WV twice. Interval between both times it was a host city makes 35 editions.
A. Västerås
E. WV 91 and WV 126

30. For how many editions did Taste Index Chart exist and which was the first edition when it appeared in WV?
A. 6 editions, WV 24
E. https://www.escunited.com/forum/threads/statistics.9041/page-22#post-1163154 ; it also reveals his past username needed for Q. 28.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Really happy I tied with Anna and Flo on questions answered correctly as I totally thought they'd both top me here, but Aigars is our quiz king :gimmefive: Congratulations on getting 27/30.

And also well done to the quiz masters for putting together such a good mixture of questions. Number 29 almost killed me for some reason. I totally didn't write down the hosting cities for all 160 editions before staring blankly at the list for thirty minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom