Contact us

⭐ WV CONGRATS - RESULTS REVEALED!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

esc87fan

While we're all still celebrating, why don't we share some of our favorite WV memories? Like our favorite winners. some of our personal memorable moments, that kind of thing.

I'd have to say one of my personal highlights was getting my first win with Canada, over 6 years after my first victory with Switzerland. It was just worth all the hard work and perseverance to see it finally all come together during my second run as Canadian juror following a brief stint in Japan.

My first top 10 is also another favorite memory. It was only my 5th participation in WV back when I was Switzerland, and "Sei Amore" had won a very close national final for WV 19. The entry was actually tied for non-qualification with Faroe Islands, but it won the REJU vote for my semi and eventually I finished 9th in the final. It was a huge confidence boost which eventually led to my first top 5 in WV 31 and my first win in WV 34

ShoeFlo

First of all: Congrats Aigars for your well deserved win :D I loved the song so much and hugely supported it

I think it is a beautiful irony that an user who has been rather unlucky with results in the regular editions (well... at least when it comes to winning) managed to win this extraordinary edition xup all
my credits to Aigars but of course also to the organizers... you put so much passion and time into this, one can see the effort and the love in every milimeter of your banners and in every letter of your potsts... all the special shows have been refreshing, creative fun and it was great to come together and get nostalgic. All the time I felt greatly entertained and I am actually sad it is over "already" hehe

::dk: Kwamie Liv & Angelo Badalamenti - Remember me in every cloud of gold - 4th, 331 points :dk:

Thanks to:

:3: :0: :ge: :ro:
:2: :5: :ph:
:2: :2: :gr: :ru:
:1: :6: :am: :au:
:1: :4: :svea: :cn:
:12: :cali: :ch:
:10: :is: :lv:
:7: Guyana
:5: :at:
:4: :de:

Great result... very proud and grateful to have achieved a 4th place in such a big competition, it is worth a lot! Usually we are ofc fully dependent on other users appreciation but in this case I actually did myself a favour with my quiz efforts that raised me up to the Top 5.. but even without the extra points it would be a nice result

Nice to see I was the most successful user in the Throwback Thursday although I failed to guess the mod who chose my entry :lol:
To be honest, I'd understand if Amir or also Steph are a bit disappointed about getting zero points for the effort their put into the second quiz... now all the time was for nothing. I can see why in the beginning you didn't reveal that only the Top 3 (or Top 4 due to me and Kai being equal on points) would get awarded with points because you certainly didn't want users to say "nah, no chance" before even giving it a try and end up with only Aigars, Anna, Kai and me taking part.
But if I imagine Kai maybe got one more right answer than he actually did, put me on 4th position, and I end up with 0 points despite answering 24/30 right, I would probably have freaked out :lol:
Having said that, if I was told before "only" 24 of my 30 answers were right, I would've been a little disappointed, I guess... I hoped I would end up around 27 or 28... but some of the questions just turned out to be a littke trickier than expected... good to see, other users also struggled with getting all of them right... just plain stupid of me, I flopped with the question which countries took part in the latest editions of OM, NSC and WV ... for whatever reasons I added Turkey to it... well, this happens if you are doing all the guessing and researching at 2:30 AM ..

Journalist

Congratulations to the winner! xup

Thank you for voting for this fantastic song performed by Naz Dej, and certainly a special 'thank you' goes to the legends Brazil and Greece for the maximum 30 points! (@AshleyWright and @MARCOMEN) xheart xheart

Many thanks to the moderators for the realization of the entire project. Kudos to the great banners, show and vote collection! Well done! ! xlove

Looren

Veteran
Omg congraaaaats Aigars xheart ! Hope you'll soon also get ur first win in main contest !

Thanks mods for stunning organisation, everything was perfect xheart

Sorry again for not voting, really

Ausesken

Congratulations, Aigars! xcheer
I had no idea you and Anna had switched Latvia/Svealand for this edition :lol:

Of course, thank you very much for everyone who's voted for :mx: xheart I love queens Gloria Trevi and Alejandra Guzmán, so I couldn't miss the chance to send them again to WV, given this time it was impossible for them to DNQ hahaha.

And finally, a big big THANK YOU to the Mod team for organising such a splendid edition xbow Everything was just perfect! I wish I had had enough time to do the quizzes.

To whoever takes :es: after me, good luck! :)
Hasta la vista :cool:

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
I had no idea you and Anna had switched Latvia/Svealand for this edition :lol:
Indeed, we did a sneaky switcheroo this special edition! :lol: I thought it could be a fun way to celebrate our many years in the contest, and because we're both so deeply associated with our respective country and region, and Aigars happily agreed! :D

esc87fan

I guess this takes us full circle now. A Swedish song won the very first WV, and a Swedish song wins here

EurovisionSmile

Veteran
Awesome effort during this celebration month, moderation team! xclap xbow This was a memorable special little season. Even for me who didn't have much time to be here due to the "back to school" time (it was very important to take part the way I could though after being for 10 years with this family). Thank you! xrose
@as78 congratulations Aigars on your more than deserved first win! xclap xcheer xlove Wonderful winner! xbow xrose

Last edited:

EurovisionSmile

Veteran
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom