Contact us

♫ NSC 2021 ESC ♪ Spin-off ☊ Results ≫ April 28, 18.00 cest!

Rmetr0

Sent my top-7, then noticed "confirmed entries" and realised that two of them are free 😮
Well, at least I have some hopes :)

Last edited:

theditz83

Veteran
Someone needs to pick :uk: soon as well - it's just made the Top 20 of the forum ranking game this year, so that must be a good sign :lol:

Sean

Admin
Staff member
Sigh. Usual yearly rant.

I honestly don't know why we persist with this spinoff year after year. There's so many different other votes for Eurovision each year that it just seems self-serving and egotistical to try and attach an NSC nation to each song.

If you were quick enough to pick one of the odds top 3, congratulations, you probably earned yourself a good position in a spinoff competition through no real merit.

I'm not sure why don't have NF spinoffs or free choice from all years instead of this one?

Lenalite

Sigh. Usual yearly rant.

I honestly don't know why we persist with this spinoff year after year. There's so many different other votes for Eurovision each year that it just seems self-serving and egotistical to try and attach an NSC nation to each song.

If you were quick enough to pick one of the odds top 3, congratulations, you probably earned yourself a good position in a spinoff competition through no real merit.

I'm not sure why don't have NF spinoffs or free choice from all years instead of this one?

I think it would make more sense just to have an NSC-wide Eurovision vote each year. I honestly don't have the time to be active on the other subforums/votes - so I like that there's a vote within the NSC sphere, but I do agree that it is counter-productive to have it the way we do now.

Like, for example, claiming an entry makes little sense to me - because I tend to change my mind all the time. I had no clue regarding what my "entry" would be for like the past 2 Eurovision spinoffs where I had no clear favorites. And like, because the entries never fully reflect my ordinary taste, it makes no sense that I have to add them to Hypjø's canon. So this year I was just like, "okay, I would much rather vote without having to send an entry", but what can you do..

PS: I know there's the annual LL too - but as far as I remember the voting system there is a bit different and it is held live, which can be an inconvenience to many.

Morty

Trondheim, Norway / Niavara, Balearica Island
The way I see it, the NSC ESC is a tribute to the reason we're all here. If it wasn't for the ESC, this forum wouldn't exist, and neither would NSC. So it's a nice annual tradition imo.

I do agree that maybe there should be a different way to do it tho. Last year I was desperate to get Uno on my list of ::bal entries, and I was lucky. This year, there are at least 6 songs that are worthy of being ::bal entries. When half of us sends our PMs at pretty much the same time, while the other half is offline, it all really comes down to luck. Not sure what the best way to do it would be tho. Send a list of songs you want to the host, and then the host holds a draw after the deadline to see who gets which song? It would still be luck, but at least everyone gets a fair chance.

The annual LL has never been an option for me, because I've never had Skype, and I never intend to, but now that we have the Discord channel, I might actually take part for the first time ever. :eek: If the timing is right, at least...

We've had 13 of the NF spinoffs... Last one was in 2015 tho, but when nobody suggest them for spinoffs or doesn't vote for them when they are suggested, they don't happen. xshrug

Schlagerman1

I want to add that it has never been forbidden for people to vote beforehand in the LL. @Fearnavigatr always announces it at least two weeks prior to it and gets a few reminders from both me (I usually help out with links) and him thoughout the last upcoming days. Everyone is welcome to join and vote, even if you aren't able to be there, since the results is always announced afterwards, scoresheets and all. Same will be this year, whether you can be online the whole way through, for a short while or not at all, the voting is open.

I don't mind NSC ESC as a thing, I just don't like the "first come first serve" rule when it comes to it. I would rather have it as a randomizer, all countries entering gets a song assigned to them randomly and then we vote for our faves. That would be far more interesting and fun than this fight that happen. But alas, with me being rather busy lately, I don't know if I got the time to join this time around. :(

ferret

In fact, the competition in the first minutes was only for 5 countries at most. The one who wanted them the most, did it! Nothing is unfair. For example, no one mentioned my country in their lists, I got this song quite calmly. Yes, most likely, it will be in the final bottom. :lol: At the same time, I would not want to get the most popular song this season if I got it by lot ;)

Well, we have 16 more free countries (including 3 of my top-10). Come on! xcheer

Morty

Trondheim, Norway / Niavara, Balearica Island
I don't mind NSC ESC as a thing, I just don't like the "first come first serve" rule when it comes to it. I would rather have it as a randomizer, all countries entering gets a song assigned to them randomly and then we vote for our faves. That would be far more interesting and fun than this fight that happen. But alas, with me being rather busy lately, I don't know if I got the time to join this time around. :(
I am against a total randomizer. If I got a song I don't like, I would withdraw. There's no fun in having a song I don't like representing my nation.

In other news, there are still 2 countries remaining from my top 11 this year. :eek:

dogmeat

I definitely don't mind this spinoff being a thing and I've taken part every year since I joined. I rarely visit other subforums, so it's one of only two ESC-related games for me, the other one being the annual LL. But ngl, I wish it didn't interfere with the normal spinoff schedule. There are some cool and original spinoffs lined up and it sucks to wait another month for the next one...

ferret

Hello @everyone! xwave
There are still some good suggestions left for you in this Spin-off...

:at: :be: :ee: :ie: :il: :mk: :pl: :pt: :sl: :es: :se:

Make up your mind! xwait Today until 23.59 cest! xhi

Last edited:

ferret

There are only 10 songs left... Come on! xcheer

:at: :be: :ee: :ie: :il: :mk: :pl: :sl: :es: :se:

1 hour and 30 minutes
(maybe a little more)xwait

Last edited:

ferret

The first post has been updated. Happy listening everybody!xmusic
The 30 best songs of this year's ESC have been allocated successfully!
(y)

Top Bottom