how do you rate the entry?

• Total voters

EvNickGR

Re: ???????? - Armenia 2010 - Eva Rivas - Apricot Stone

Good Luck! Greetings from Greece! :D

Qele_Armenia

Armenia's Rivas Reaches Eurovision Final

Armenia - Eva Rivas during the dress rehearsal of the Eurovision song contest in Oslo

Armenia’s entry has earned the right to sing in the final of a popular annual pan-European song contest, raising hopes among local fans for a coveted top prize this year.

Russian-Armenian singer Eva Rivas (born Valeria Reshetnikova-Tsaturian) performed an English-language song, “Apricot Stone”, during a Eurovision show in Norwegian capital Oslo Thursday night. Famous Armenian maestro Jivan Gasparian accompanied her in the three-minute performance, playing the duduk. Rivas's song was about ties to the Motherland symbolized by an apricot pit.

The 22-year-old native of Rostov-na-Donu in southern Russia was one of 10 out of 17 participants of the contest's second semifinal voted by the audiences and experts into the final. The other winning entries of the day included Azerbaijan’s Safura, Georgia’s Sofia Nizharadze and Turkish rock band maNga.

One of bookmaker favorites, Rivas, will now compete in the grand finale scheduled for Saturday against 24 contestants, including representatives of the Eurovision founding nations, France, Spain, the United Kingdom, Germany, and host Norway. The ultimate winner, as in the case with the semifinals, will be decided through a combination of a telephone-based public voting and a jury vote.

People in Yerevan approached by RFE/RL on Friday were optimistic about Rivas’s chances to secure the first win for the country at Eurovision. Most said they liked her Thursday performance and praised the combination of the singer’s voice, looks and song.

Armenia’s leading blogger writing about the local showbiz Kamo Tovmasian told RFE/RL he was impressed by Rivas’s performance which he said deserved a victory this year. “Hers was one of the best performances… Forecasts for an Armenia win had also been made before. So, I think one simply has to wait and see,” he said.

“I don’t think that the main competition will be between Eva [Rivas] and Safura. Azerbaijan’s show is not that strong,” Tovmasian added.

Armenia, which participates in the annual contest for the fifth time, has traditionally enjoyed strong support from the televoting public not least due to the presence of Armenian communities in European countries. The nation’s best Eurovision result so far was in 2008 when singer Sirusho finished fourth.

Last year, Azerbaijani citizens who had voted for the Armenian song in the Eurovision contest, were called to the Security Ministry to explain their vote after the national telecommunications company offered its phone records to the authorities. That led to an investigation by Eurovision officials and eventual rule changes concerning telephone records.

Karlen Aslanian, Gayane Danielian
http://www.azatutyun.am/content/article/2054988.html

nare

31739_122896107743954_115802628453302_164457_4278904_n.jpg

31739_122896124410619_115802628453302_164460_877705_n.jpg

:shock:

???????? ????? ????? ????????? ????? : ????? ?? ? ??? ????????? :
?????? ?????????????? ?????? ??? ?? ???????...

Armenian flag is red blue orange -am -am -am -am -am -am -am -am -am

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member

Good luck Armenia. A great song, to me by far the best Armenian entry. Beautiful melody and nice lyrics with great staging, this song has it all. The only thing ARmenia may have to worry about are Eva's vocals, she has been inconsistent so that may hurt her odds with the juries but this is a big contender for victory

My prediction: 1 - 4th place.

Qele_Armenia

How Angelina Jolie Look-alike May Win Eurovision 2010
Angelina Jolie and Eva Rivas

Jolie%20Rivas.JPG

On May 29th the world will know the name of the 2010 Eurovision winner. This time the winner may well become an Angelina Jolie look-alike Eva Rivas representing Armenia.

This evening I heard that the European bookmakers are lowever the bets on Eva Rivas because of her increasing chances of becoming the winner of the 2010 Eurovision with her song Apricot Stone. Armenia is a relatively new entrant into the Eurovision Song Contest and Eva is the 5th representative the country is sending to the competition, which this time takes place in Oslo.

In the past few years Eurovision voting was highly politicized. It is widely held that friendly countries give votes to one another and to their neighbor. The citizens for a particular country cannot vote for their representative. Thus, to make a comparison with the American Idol imagine each state sends only one representative for the Idol. You are in North Carolina and can vote for any state but yours. Now, let's say the representative of California is very good and South Carolina is OK too. You decide to vote for South Carolina because it is your neighbor. If South Carolina wins, next year it gets to host the American idol FInale. This in turn means more tourism, more revenues for SC and puts it on the spotlight.

This is how Eurovision use to be in general. Eastern Europeans used to vote for each other, Scandinavians for their neighbors and so on. However, few years ago the organizers, finally realizing this situation, changed it. Now the 50 percent of the vote comes from the international jury. Thus, the potential winner should have both, neighboring countries in the final and a great song performance to get the votes of the jury.

Eva Rivas seems to have both and this is why apparently bookmakers have lowered her bets anticipating her to become the possible winner. This young girl, who many say, looks like Angelina Jolie (see the image comparison where Eva is on the right), has a great song and the and the favor of the neighboring countries.

Her song Apricot Stone has every winning component. It starts moderately, then grows in the rhythm. World renowned duduk player Jivan Gasparyan, who participated in the creation of so many Hollywood movies, will accompany Rivas in her Eurovision performance. Watch Eva Rivas singing Apricot Stone here.

When it comes to the countries giving her the vote political reasons, many of those countries that historically have given Armenia a high vote are already in the Final. Six of these countries are in the Semi-final and at least some of the will go to the final. There is also another dimension to this aspect. Eva Rivas is half Armenian and half Greek. She has spent most of her life in Russia and it expected that she may get more votes because of her half being Greek. Countries supporting Greece and Russia may also give Eva substantial number of votes because of that very reason.

However, we wish that the best singer becomes and the best song become the winner of the 2010 Eurovision. Rivas will make her first performance on May 27th. The final will be held in Oslo on May 29th.

http://www.huliq.com/1/93684/how-angeli ... ision-2010

Qele_Armenia

Armenia Will Be The Winner of Eurovsion 2010, Norvegian Expert

Eva%20Rivas.jpg

Norvegian TV2 Eurovision expert thinks Eva Rivas, who represents Armenia today in Oslo, will be the Eurovision 2010 winner. He also thinks Rivas will become the winner in a "smooth" fashion.

"I am excited. It will be very smooth," says TV 2's Eurovision Song Contest expert Knut Oyvind Hagen. He called the 2010 Eurovision final as the "smoothest" song competition. Last year Norway's representative Alexander Rybak swept away the trophy and it was long clear that Rybak will be the winner.

"This year is the smoothest final in many years. It is a thriller where I think Armenia draws the longest straw. She has a very good song and has been lucky with the draw. She will sing at number 21 and it is definitely an advantage. Moreover, Armenia has many Armenians living in many European countries and they will support Ivas," Hagen told the Norvegina TV2.

Hagen explained why Armenia may be the winner of Eurovision in 2010. "Apricot Stone is an exotic song. It starts mysteriously and in an exciting manner. Then the song becomes a little more dance-like. And then the artist looks beautiful! Something for the guys" says TV 2 Grand Eurovision expert.

The Norvegian expert may well be right in his prediction. Eva Rivas has since the last semi final become the most talked about singer in Eurovision. Betting Choice reports her price has been dramatically declining and continues to decline even now, just two hours before the Final's start. "The momentum is certainly in her favour as her price has dropped significantly and continues to shorten," UK based Betting Choice writes.

Eva Rivas is really tall. Se is probably 1.90 while her dancer is a small man. She is like a lighthouse on the stage, TV2 wries.

Hagen also spoke about Israel and Azerbajan as likely winners.

In regard to Azerbaijan's Safura Alizadeh Hagen says "she will come at least in the top three." Her song Drip Drop is an R'n'B-ballad written by three Swedes. "The song stands out. And Safura is a great girl. Azerbaijan has the largest delegation here and has spent a lot of money. They put a lot of prestige in winning this year," Hagen said.

* 2010 Eurovision Song Contest Finals to be Viewable on Mobile Phones

Speaking of Israel, Hagen added that "he is a tough competitor." This is a beautiful ballad, sung with genuine empathy of a man with a fantastic voice. He really has control! An absolutely winning candidate.

Betting odds for Eurovision winners have been fairly solid in the past few several years.Last year's winner Rybak was a solid winner in betting odds since the beginning of the competition. Since Thursday "smart money was going for Armenia," BetFair reports.

Written by Armen Hareyan
Huliq.com

http://www.huliq.com/1/93776/armenia-wi ... ian-expert

Deltage

Although my favorite is Drip Drop, I like the Armenian song somewhat as well and I wouldn't be surprised if it gets a really high place. So good luck.

DoctorX

It's totally underrated. It was the best Armenian entry ever and was 1000 times better than Qele is. It should have been at least on 5th place instead of Azerbaijan

ParadiseES

It was very good and also very liked here. I expected better, but congrats on your 7th place :D

And wooooow!! Thanks a lot for the 7 points. It was really surprising. We love you!!!

TouchMeHere

Banned

Yea, definitely deserved a higher place. Nevertheless, great job, Armenia! :D

Qele_Armenia

Eva you are the best.N1 for all ARmenians all over the world! We are proud of you.You are the reall winner.ARMENIA please withraw from this fake contest, they will never allow us to win it no matter who will represent us. unless the change this fake jury voting-they stole our votes :evil: bye europe.personally I give up ;) I don't care about this fake contest any longer .

aletem

Qele_Armenia said:
Eva you are the best.N1 for all ARmenians all over the world! We are proud of you.You are the reall winner.ARMENIA please withraw from this fake contest, they will never allow us to win it no matter who will represent us. unless the change this fake jury voting-they stole our votes :evil: bye europe.personally I give up ;) I don't care about this fake contest any longer .
If I was on your place I would be happy that every time from 2006 onward you are in top10! :lol: I get your disappointment, I thought it was a top3 material from the very beginning. Pity that it didn't get as much points. :(
I am glad we gave you even more points this time. :D

ParadiseES

It's so hilarious you're complaining to, like the turks, about the voting system....... :roll:

CROesc

I am a little bit dissapointed. Sorry beacuse Croatia didnt give
any point to our lovely Armenia... I voted 3 times! I wanted to
go in Erevan on ESC2011... More luck next time! I think that
I will come there as a tourist. See ya!

Top Bottom