Contact us

(... so maybe this is the) General Discussion Thread

Loindici

Veteran
Well, I can't find the 2024 general discussion thread yet. I'm providing a thread to house it before mods will make one.

You may discuss anything related to the 2024 contest in general.

EDIT: Welp, I guess it has manifested into one.xshrug Let's go guys!

Last edited:

Ted Talks

Maybe I'm just stupid, but those calling on Osterdahl to quit will achieve what exactly?

While he may be the exec producer of Eurovision, he won't be the only one calling the shots will he? He's the 'face' of things and with any organisation of this size is most likely following orders from someone else. He might be towing the official line too, but in private disagrees with what is happening for all we know.

It just seems weird to call for his head to go when if change has to happen, its the wider EBU that needs the rethink, not just Martin if you ask me.

I think the main point from all of this to take is that to the wider public, they'll still look at Eurovision as an escape for one night in May and nothing more. They'll come back next year and the year after etc. Whatever people think of this year and the calls for boycotts etc, I imagine that would be such a small minority of the wider viewership it will make no change to the EBU's decision making at all.

Last edited:

ESC Athens

I don't know if this info is true, but here it is:

MooseShoes

This guy just posts one video every year and never lets us down!

Realest

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
SVT host without some dramatic & pointless rule change challenge = impossible

That sounds absolute garbage. There is already a big lack of trust in the producers to create fair draws with how it is done now, why on Earth add more fuel to that fire. 💀

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
also the big 5 draw their half/PC during a Reddit AMA apparently. :LOL:

crashworld

Veteran
Great Idea from my good Friend Christer.

What nuisance is this? So in reality, it is to give more power to the producers to punish a song if they don't think will do well into oblivious slots and help those favourites to get more favourable slots since the chances of getting a 2nd half and producer's choice will be higher?

Imagine if let's say if Albania qualifies to the GF and got the producer's choice. They will straight away be relegated to the 2nd and 3rd slot. Statistically this works less favourable for less popular entries.

Again, rigging the contest in favour of the favourites. What a disgrace.

Last edited:

0scar

This is bullshit I cannot believe this is actually what they came up with. I don't know why I'm still surprised when it's a SVT hosted year gosh, they are even pointing out in the article that it was Malmö 2013 the last time they changed the way the running order is determined

THEY SHOULD make a running order and then just draw what country has to perform first and base the rest of the running order on that pre-determined sequence of songs

Loindici

Veteran
Great Idea from my good Friend Christer.

The third option is basically 'anywhere' but worded like corporate jargon.

also the big 5 draw their half/PC during a Reddit AMA apparently. :LOL:

And the remaining qualifiers will draw theirs during a TikTok LIVE. I can't.

ekzuu

So when previously Albania (or another disadvantaged country) had a chance to not be in 1st half and thus positions 2-5 50%, now it has 18.75% :ROFLMAO::cry:

Ted Talks

Maybe I’m simple, but I don’t get all the fuss.

The producers are there to make the best possible for the TV audience. The contest has never been ‘fair’ and never will be. If a song is going to ‘kill’ a run of good songs, what producer would keep it there? None.

Just shouting ‘it’s rigged’ won’t change their minds. The general audience - the biggest viewers on the night - won’t give two hoots about who is performing when.

As ever, fans (and I’m speaking as one) are blowing things out of proportion.

ESC94

SirPeterGriffin

Swedes need to stop meddling in the organization and have some shame. Favouring some entries under the guise of bookmakers goes against the premise of fair competition between all participants. It's another scam that feels like a deliberate way to deflect attention from the elephant in the room...

Bobjan FR

`There is no topic for the Eurojury 2024 ? I remember someone was calculating the average of every country

Mainshow

Veteran
In the last 10 years, the "death slot" (2) was given to ballads (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021, or non-Western/non-Nordic European countries (2013, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2021, 2022). Portugal was the only (odd) exception to the rule.

Björkman/the producers think that ballads are inferior - especially performed by Eastern Europeans or sung in a foreign language.
How is that even "fair" or "better"?

EBU, please undo this mess!

Absolutely ridiculous and unnecessary. It is another way to manipulate the running order and the results to favour Björkman's friends.

Top Bottom