Contact us

Estonia ESTONIA 2024 - 5miinust & Puuluup - (nendest) narkootikumidest ei tea me (küll) midagi

How do you rate this entry?

38 24.7%

19 12.3%

19 12.3%

13 8.4%

13 8.4%

9 5.8%

4 2.6%

9 5.8%

3 1.9%

10 6.5%

17 11.0%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

laululind

There aren't any juries in the semis any more, like last year. Which, this time around, I'm quite glad for. :LOL: Our qualification odds would probably plummet if they were still there! At least with televoters, there's a chance we might make it. :giggle: And if the juries dislike us in the final.. oh well, at least we got there. :LOL:

I think Israel will be a pretty safe qualifier. :unsure: You can't really vote against a song as a televoter, unless you vote for every other song in the semi. :LOL: So the pro-Israel crowd will have a much easier time showing their support than the anti-Israel crowd. Also there are plenty of average televoters in many countries who don't really care about the issue one way or another and vote for what they like. The song itself I think has enough appeal to older crowds & ballad lovers to qualify. I can definitely see Estonian televoters giving Israel some points, it's the kind of power ballad they usually appreciate.

Netherlands I'm not quite convinced will do as well as the odds predict. :unsure: Still probably a safe qualifier tho'. I wouldn't say it's that similar to our song, more similar to Finland perhaps. But we'll all get lumped into the same novelty song category anyway. :LOL: But hey, no reason two novelty songs can't qualify from the same semi. :giggle: At least Croatia and Finland ended up in the other one!

laululind

5Miinust and Puuluup were filming their postcard. :giggle: In the same place they shot the music video. Interesting location to pick, but I suppose it might stand out next to the usual pretty landscape shots and landmarks other postcards will probably have. :LOL: Wonder if there will be any extra filming once they get to Malmö, or if the whole postcard will be in each artists home country.

BernadetteCydonia

Could be very Sweden 2013/2016 thing of giving focus to an artist and the country they represent...

ollibox

Just based on the Ranking Game "sightings" and overall feeling - Is it possible, that 2024 is the first year Estonians won't give points to Finland and vice versa? Call me delusional, but that's what I see :LOL:
No need to land on me harsh, both songs are quite "unique" (mildly saying) in their own way and etc. And of course, I don't support or count on close neighbors voting for each other (like it hasn't been everywhere like - from the beginning?), but yeah...
Just thinking out loud. I don't remember a year where Finnish and Estonians didn't exchange ANY points in the Semis or in the Final.
I might be wrong, didn't check the statistics. Just a FEELING about this year's "battle".

laululind

I think there are enough Finns living in Estonia (and vice versa) to ensure at least some points, even if the 'general public' wasn't feeling it. :LOL: But I reckon both songs would have enough neighbourly televote appeal to get some points from the regular audience too. Juries are another matter and I could definitely see both snubbing each other. :LOL: Neither of us has a very jury friendly song anyway! But I don't see why televoters would find either song so unappealing as to completely blank it, when even Leto Svet got 7 points from Finland. :LOL: But I haven't really been keeping a close eye on any ranking threads so who knows. :unsure: If we both manage to make the final, we might find out! Here's hoping. :giggle:

BernadetteCydonia

Keep in mind that the Eutovision fans/enjoyers on the internet/in select fandom groups are a 1% of the entire voting audience. We cannot always be sure HOW would everyone besides us vote until the results reveal at the end of the final. So there'd be plenty of points exchange anyways

ekzuu

Tbh, I think Finland will do better than expected and will also get points from Estonian televote

ollibox

One more thing - I just checked out the Spain ESC Pre-Party videos and they were mainly FABOLOUS! :love:
Didn't realize they'd have multiple pre-parties in Spain, actually :D
And yesterday we saw our song as well. The beginning was quite rough, but overall ALMOST ok, I think? At least, we were there! xmetal

Last edited:

BernadetteCydonia

the only bad thing is the soundmixing, it went to shit after Marko's bit. :(

and also the lethargicness of the audience - there were a few very big fans, but most of the audience was dead. 😔

ollibox

njdevils94

Veteran
That sound mix in Barcelona was absolutely terrible but we already know they won't sound anything like that at ESC having seen them improve in Eesti Laul. Just need to keep working on decent vocals and harmonizing at the correct time.

5Miinust & Puuluup interview

Paco Roca

The Estonian group's performance at the Barcelona pre-party was, in my opinion, solid. I didn't find any major differences between the studio product and live singing. Estonia will do well in May.

Top Bottom