Contact us

Estonia ESTONIA 2024 - 5miinust & Puuluup - (nendest) narkootikumidest ei tea me (küll) midagi

How do you rate this entry?

37 25.7%

18 12.5%

15 10.4%

10 6.9%

13 9.0%

9 6.3%

4 2.8%

8 5.6%

3 2.1%

10 6.9%

17 11.8%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

musicfan

LT United (Lithuania 2006) vibes and I'm here for it :lol: I live for the half-bald guy with the deep voice xlove

Nothing like the same. Listening today the 24 entry just sounds like some kind of village folk song, but with nothing distinctive. LT United is a very catchy singalong song that might be sung at a party.

BernadetteCydonia

LT United song was riding off of the repetition of the silly "we are the winners of Eurovision" line like they actually "meant" it (the black suits meant business in that way), and a bald dancing man. There's a lot more else going on with Estonia that would not ride off just that - the song's a lot more fun, and the costumes will likely be worked on to not just make them look like LT United pastiches (and really they'd be better if the costumes weren't the pastiches. You could at least make some sense out of LT United wearing *their* suits, however I did see 5MIINUST and Puuluup wear something else in their lives at least once before, so they better make me believe they will continue doing something about it).

laululind

I'm pretty sure 99.99% of the general audience won't remember a song from 2006, other than the winner perhaps, so I doubt them having similar suits will really be an issue in this regard. :LOL: Much more likely some might think "oh, another Käärijä copycat!", but nothing to really do about that I guess.
I do wonder what other kind of outfits they could wear. :unsure: Not sure a very casual jeans/shirt kind of look would really work on stage. Going for something silly like in the music video might be more memorable, but could move things further into 'joke song' territory. Guess we'll have to wait and see what, if anything, they change in the end. :giggle:

So, getting the running order tonight! Would be cool if we got to finish the show or something! :giggle: Don't think we've ever gotten to close the semi! But if they're looking at the odds and want to give Netherlands the pimp slot, it's more likely they might stick us earlier to space us apart. :LOL: Hope it will be a good position in any case! :giggle:

ollibox

Oh no no no.... xcryQuite bad running order position for us... Between two huge favorites. Italy isn't participating in SF, but still...
Well, it could have been worse and let's hope for the best!
The Netherlands was quite predictable closer, but I wished that position for us!:nervous:xmad

Last edited:

laululind

Eh well, at least we're pretty close to the end of the show and didn't get the earliest possible slot in second half. :giggle: Also there's a pretty big possibility there will be a small break between us and Italy, for the hosts to introduce them. Seems unlikely they'd have the "guest performances" show up randomly without a small intro and reminder that they can't be voted for. :LOL: Would have been nice to close the semi for once, but I guess they went with the predictable choice.

Wonder if we'll get the odds to qualify soon too. Another year of being a borderline qualifier? :LOL: Well, better than being a certain non-qualifier at least! But it would be nice to feel safe about our qualification again! Less stressful that way. :LOL: I guess Stefan had decent qualification odds in 2022, but then we also had the stage drama to add doubt and uncertainty. Other than him tho', 2018 was the last time we were higher in the odds. 2019, 2021, 2023, all borderline. Oh well, we shall have to wait and see. :giggle: Still early days, odds will matter more once rehearsals start. Here's hoping we can exceed expectations and get those televoters voting! :giggle: Would be sad to miss out when we finally send something a little different. Back to safe beige pop songs if that happens I guess! :LOL:

henhu

I guess it will be 10+ years of non-Estonian songs if we miss out here :D I think that it is an OK draw for us. Right next to :nl: would have been death slot maybe, but it is different enough to stand out between :be: and (:it:) :il:

ollibox

Well, imho, Israel is DOA, according to the wider public opinion (I personally LOVE that song a lot tbh). The Juries will give some points but the public? I won't count on that.
Belgium WILL be a public favorite, that much I can predict ;) Ok points from the Juries as well, I guess.
But yeah, my main concern is Italy shadowing our position. They don't compete, I understand. And Israel might become a toilet break for many, I also understand.
If to look the end part of the SF, Norway is much too different to be our competitor (they have a bit different voting audience, imho).
And SORRY for saying this, I don't count Netherlands our competitor AT ALL. The message of the song - ok, The BEAT - ok. The OUTRO - VERY OK! But the song overall? It classifies as a joke entry. For me, at least. Of course, no idea about the staging and live performance. That might change some things.

BernadetteCydonia

I'm only not mad at the way things are right now BECAUSE of the big 5/host performances separating my absolute favourite song of the season and the most loathed one, but I do feel bad for Italy to have to be performing before *that*.

Semifinal closers have proven to be a goldmine if there are some good ones that could justifyably end the show and still place great in the semi. Cyprus 2018 and Finland 2023 for example. So Netherlands was a given for this role.

And even if after all that y'all dare to call Estonia a NQ, I'm gonna have to assume you're voting-rule-comprehension-blind, simple as that

laululind

There aren't any juries in the semis any more, like last year. Which, this time around, I'm quite glad for. :LOL: Our qualification odds would probably plummet if they were still there! At least with televoters, there's a chance we might make it. :giggle: And if the juries dislike us in the final.. oh well, at least we got there. :LOL:

I think Israel will be a pretty safe qualifier. :unsure: You can't really vote against a song as a televoter, unless you vote for every other song in the semi. :LOL: So the pro-Israel crowd will have a much easier time showing their support than the anti-Israel crowd. Also there are plenty of average televoters in many countries who don't really care about the issue one way or another and vote for what they like. The song itself I think has enough appeal to older crowds & ballad lovers to qualify. I can definitely see Estonian televoters giving Israel some points, it's the kind of power ballad they usually appreciate.

Netherlands I'm not quite convinced will do as well as the odds predict. :unsure: Still probably a safe qualifier tho'. I wouldn't say it's that similar to our song, more similar to Finland perhaps. But we'll all get lumped into the same novelty song category anyway. :LOL: But hey, no reason two novelty songs can't qualify from the same semi. :giggle: At least Croatia and Finland ended up in the other one!

laululind

5Miinust and Puuluup were filming their postcard. :giggle: In the same place they shot the music video. Interesting location to pick, but I suppose it might stand out next to the usual pretty landscape shots and landmarks other postcards will probably have. :LOL: Wonder if there will be any extra filming once they get to Malmö, or if the whole postcard will be in each artists home country.

ollibox

Just based on the Ranking Game "sightings" and overall feeling - Is it possible, that 2024 is the first year Estonians won't give points to Finland and vice versa? Call me delusional, but that's what I see :LOL:
No need to land on me harsh, both songs are quite "unique" (mildly saying) in their own way and etc. And of course, I don't support or count on close neighbors voting for each other (like it hasn't been everywhere like - from the beginning?), but yeah...
Just thinking out loud. I don't remember a year where Finnish and Estonians didn't exchange ANY points in the Semis or in the Final.
I might be wrong, didn't check the statistics. Just a FEELING about this year's "battle".

laululind

I think there are enough Finns living in Estonia (and vice versa) to ensure at least some points, even if the 'general public' wasn't feeling it. :LOL: But I reckon both songs would have enough neighbourly televote appeal to get some points from the regular audience too. Juries are another matter and I could definitely see both snubbing each other. :LOL: Neither of us has a very jury friendly song anyway! But I don't see why televoters would find either song so unappealing as to completely blank it, when even Leto Svet got 7 points from Finland. :LOL: But I haven't really been keeping a close eye on any ranking threads so who knows. :unsure: If we both manage to make the final, we might find out! Here's hoping. :giggle:

BernadetteCydonia

Keep in mind that the Eutovision fans/enjoyers on the internet/in select fandom groups are a 1% of the entire voting audience. We cannot always be sure HOW would everyone besides us vote until the results reveal at the end of the final. So there'd be plenty of points exchange anyways

ekzuu

Tbh, I think Finland will do better than expected and will also get points from Estonian televote

Top Bottom