12 7.5%

4 2.5%

16 10.0%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

SpiritofKeiino

Unfortunately I think that Sweden as the host country and always the juries' favorite nation will make the Top 10 and throw out a more deserving nation. I see the ghost of Benjamin Ingrosso looming đź‘»
Yes I also was reminded of Ingrosso. Gosh he was annoying and I was delighted when the televote killed its chances.

If Unforgettable makes the top 5 jury picks this year then I will be very disappointed.

Citelis

Sweden absolutely deserves to be on juries top3 this year. They have the best staging of the year while the song may not be the absolute masterpiece but it's still good enough.
Juries are not meant to vote the same way t/v does.

aef

I dient like the song very much at the beginning, thought it was to Ingrosso. But in fact I listend to it quite a lot during the past few days and I actually is a guilty pleasure club banger, kinda like :se: 2011. Therefore :se: is among the biggest growers of the season for me - from :5: to :10: points! And it's now my current no. 3 in my overall ranking!

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
Discussion a couple pages back about studio vs live and put me down firmly on team "studio clears." It came on shuffle in the Eurovision playlist the other day and I thought to myself that my :1: was probably a couple points too harsh. Went back to watch the live and found my :1: a couple points too generous.

Iker

Veteran
Dont trust them. The Songs were mostly great. I recommend you to listen to these Songs.
IbPGYG0.gif

I'd check those out ASAP on youtube if only I didn't have enough good music that I badly want to listen now.

Lance Esgard

Unfortunately I think that Sweden as the host country and always the juries' favorite nation will make the Top 10 and throw out a more deserving nation. I see the ghost of Benjamin Ingrosso looming đź‘»
In a way, his ghost is already present in the staging. It haunts those light tubes, which was after all the entirety of Ingrosso's staging.

Judas

FSC Mod
Staff member
It was a meh song at first listen but I gradually grew a liking to it. Very catchy and they do know how to present the song. It will be a great final opener.

Realest

Benjamins new Single was played in the Gym (SWR3) today. Didnt know he is known here.

Realest

The Gap isnt as huge as we all thought.

GLCZ3XCXwAAuh6x

Realest

I dient like the song very much at the beginning, thought it was to Ingrosso. But in fact I listend to it quite a lot during the past few days and I actually is a guilty pleasure club banger, kinda like :se: 2011. Therefore :se: is among the biggest growers of the season for me - from :5: to :10: points! And it's now my current no. 3 in my overall ranking!

2 / 12

The type of song I don't need to hear again

@Iker How can you like these 2 Comments at the same Time? This should be impossible.

HarryUK

Veteran

So Marus & Martinus performed on UK TV the other day and I had no idea lol

A) Is Blue Peter still going (???)
B) They do realise that Eurovision doesn't have the age categorised voting like Melfest does right??
C) Huge opportunity missed to actually promote the song to bill paying adults lol

DonHamstre

It's so polite of the Swedes to give up their host spot for a second Norwegian act!
Listened this on repeat for a while and it has such a good vibe to work on. Not my absolute favorite, but still host-worthy.

diabedon

I still have some of the songs (Air, Six Feet Under, Never Give Up) on my playlist. I want more musical diversity. Different genres, more swedish language. But overall Sweden is really good. Air would've probably been a Top 5 entry, too. Six Feet Under a Top 10 or at least Top 15 entry.

ESC94

Today it was time for :se: at the ESC kompakt songchecks.

The verdict of the bloggers:

Benny - Yeah, it doesn't hurt, but it's also pretty standard pop stuff. “Unforgettable” lives above all from the impressive staging, which looks a lot like a music video, but doesn't seem quite as artificial as Benjamin Ingrosso did back then (who, by the way, has made himself real, just listen to his current stuff!). M&M's contribution this year is worse than their Mello attempt "Air" last year and also worse than the obvious role model Eric Saade in 2021. This will of course do quite well again, but more like top 10 than top 5. :6:

Berenike - Unforgettable” promises a lot at the beginning: I think the intro with the “Blobb” sounds is great. After that, the track unfortunately flattens out and becomes too similar, both in terms of the arrangement and the vocal melody, there are no variations, the song sounds the same for 2:20 minutes and something new only happens towards the end. :4:

Douze Points - First of all, I like how goal-oriented and almost dogged Marcus and Martinus are in pursuing their ESC dream. It would have been much easier for them to get to the ESC from Norway, but they chose the detour via Sweden. Respect. Their contribution to Malmö is more mature than “Air” last year. The voices don't excite me. But the song is modern and the production is once again spectacular. :8:

Flo - This will undoubtedly be a good show opener for the finale. The production is more than successful and certainly one of the best in recent years. Behind it lies good, solid, catchy electro-pop. Something bothers me (in general) about Marcus & Martinus' vocal tone, even though they and the song as a whole come across as much more adult. Still a solid performance that Sweden doesn't have to hide behind that. :7:

Manu - I'm one of the few people who didn't seem to be able to do as much with “Air” last year. Things are a little different with “Unforgettable”, it has atmosphere, great staging and musically it doesn’t always follow the same pattern. I also like the Faithless elements in the chorus. Well done again, Sweden. :7:

Max - I absolutely love the song and the great staging is really just the cherry on top. “Unforgettable” is actually classic pop that has these electronic/house elements in the drop that just catches me. The Swedes are good at this and finally an entry like this has won the Mello again. As mentioned, the performance is of course already ready for Malmö and will hopefully come across even stronger there. I don't really listen to the song over and over again, but it's still one of my favorites this year. :10:

Peter - Probably because I'm always very close to Mello, I've heard "Unforgettable" so often that I no longer have the song on my must-repeat playlist. Mello Recap: The staging is breathtakingly cool and sexy (something like that would have been great for AOTR), and the Norwegian twins are likeable (Instand Sympathy) and impressively professional for their age. The song is very ok, but there were more exciting things in Mello. :10:

Rick - This is ESC perfection in my opinion. “Unforgettable” is not only a catchy tune, but also contemporary, produced to a high standard and, on top of that, staged in a futuristic way. This has everything you need for a successful post that stays in your head. Marcus & Martinus aren't the best singers, but the voice isn't really important for such a cool number. Great cinema again from Sweden! :12:

Milos-BC

This song is such a guilty pleasure for me. I love that :se: deviated a bit from the traditional formula and I hope we see more of that in the future as well.

6 points

Lumina

This is not bad actually. In fact I like it more than Sweden 2022 and 2023. I know that is an opinion not many people will share but I actually rather like to listen to a nice, solid club song well executed than a Schlager-ish Bonnie Tyler rip off or a shouting returnee.
It’s nothing special but a very pleasant filler.
Solid 7 points.

Top Bottom