7 6.7%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Loop Revamp is out in New Zealand, so here it is: https://twitter.com/GiorgioRospier/status/1767868885204713751?s=20

the comments being negative lmao. it's a straight-up improvement to the original. This sounds well-produced, sophisticated, competent. A good live should definitely result in a good televote.

Malta not quite as dead in the water as I assumed tbh.

han-g

I need a little more time with the revamp but I don't think it's enough to help Malta escape my bottom 5

Mainshow

Veteran
It's slightly better but I still think it's very juvenile and trashy.
I will upgrade this to :3: , though.

musicfan

I'm one of those that doesn't like the revamp. I find it relentless and tiring, just like Firefighter is but flowing less. A desperate revamp in response to largely unfair criticism. It's very different now but not in a good way, being so overproduced that it hardly moves with decent energy anymore.

Ted Talks

The revamp feels messy upon first listen. I wasn’t a big fan of the song previously and this hasn’t changed my mind at all.

If anything I find it harder to distinguish Sarah’s vocal now above all the production. It was a bit breathy and mumbly before, but now I can’t make out the majority of what she’s singing.

It’s going to sound harsh, but the song is coming across as a bit desperate now.

Downgrading my previous :5: (forgot I scored it that high) to a :3:.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
The revamp's better than the original and sounds more sophisticated. I don't know why everyone's tripping.

Not sure if it's enough for a final (it's below Greece and Armenia in the pecking order, but it might be enough to finish ahead of Georgia). It's now a solidly good song though and I didn't think it would be possible after that disastrous national selection. Upgrading to a :7: to reflect this change.

Fluke

The revamp sounds worse to me. They took out the oo-oo-part that's so catchy and replaced it with a weak, melodically inappropriate figure that sounds wrong and doesn't work as a hook in the same way. Other parts also felt weaker in the revamed version. I guess this is what they're going with, whatever.

Still think it will qualify, though, don't get why so many think it won't. Maybe they expect the performance to be disappointing, we'll see about that.

Loindici

Veteran
I think it's exactly for me. It's very K-Pop in a way that I can see girl group performing this, maybe Red Velvet or Purple Kiss could do it.
As I head this kind of thing so many times before, it's not really special at the end. Though Sarah's voice is really characteristic.

:6:

Top Bottom