Contact us

Papendink [228] Sag das Zauberwort und du hast die Macht!

Brandt

That is a big loss for NSC community to see you go. I hope you decide to return some day.

Rmetr0

Will definitely miss you! :(
You've sent some great songs I still remember and listen to
Just wanted to say, that here's my favourite of yours - beautiful Jaël with her beautiful and underrated song "Tired"

Enjoyed your last NF and the entry as well! ;)
All the best to you!!! xwave

EurovisionSmile

Veteran
It's sad to see you leaving. I had a few songs you've sent as favourites and the last song you won with remains a memorable one to me and one of my absolute favourite songs in the contest. So is your last song, truly great. Personally I understand your reason after reading what you wrote. Hope you come back some day. Best wishes!

berlyda

NSC Mod
Staff member
I am honoured to have one of my entries in your top 15 :D

I am sad to see you go, as you have been one of the more innovative nations in the contest with many interesting songs and concepts. But I understand how it goes. Something happens in life which takes your attention away from the contest, and before you know it you are just going through the motions of entering and voting, without really being truly present in the community. I've been there a few times, but I always found a reason to stay.

Good luck in life, Sven xwave Don't be a stranger

Sean

Admin
Staff member
Very happy to see two of my entries in your ranking but very sad to see you go, as someone else mentioned it, ASC was one of my favourite and most memorable editions of the last few years and your entries were always unique and interesting. Hope to see you around someday!

Schlagerman1

Sad to see you go, but I understand your reasoning. :( I hope to see you around on the forum a bit and that you will have a good time IRL. :)

Yoni

You will be missed Paper :(

zechhh

Now that I am so close to re-joining the contest, you leave? :( :p

I join the others and hope to see you back here soon. But in the meantime, see you "drüben". :D

Paper7

Decided to do a redesign of the flag of Papendink:

I always was a bit unhappy that the old one just represented the Paperland part of Papendink in the background of the tents and the whole flag. Now its INK in the north with desert colour and tents, the river in the middle and Paperland in south with the paper trees and the high lonely mountain, called Vrenelis Gärtli. Also Paperland is still be present in the tents of INK.

Old version:

Last edited:

Paper7

:love: Thanks Anna and thanks to all who have already welcomed me back at the current member rooster thread!
Feels great to be finally back in NSC! :love:

My comeback entry has the message "If you are sad, don't try to hide, let it out and cry!" and is against the social rules in South Korea, which tells you, that you should not show your feelings. That you shouldn't let them out to not hurt others, to not bother them with it. Maybe one of the reasons why the suicide rate in South Korea is one of the highest in the world...

Don't let your feelings eat you inside! Cry if you wanna cry!

This is my most favourite song of the last 5 years, not often heard a song as varied in itself as this one with feeling that whole at the same time. (y)

Papendink
Mommy Son feat. Eugene Park - Song of Stars

An english translation of the lyrics:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOfMxkTnRk8

Last edited:

Paper7

Papendink

I've decided to send the first time ever a former ESC artist to NSC! :eek: Blame me, if i didnt mention, that i already did. ^^

And its a winner! :eek:

It will be an oldie, because its a winner from the first 20 years and the song is in a different language than the Grand Prix entry. Don't know why, but after i haven't heard this song for ages it ended in my mind for the last two months and played again and again and so on.^^ It even doesn't fit to my current life at all.

The lyrics of the entry are about a faded love and focus on the moment of leaving, but in a very opimistic way.

Nothing more to say for now. :D

Last edited:

Paper7

Like said, this german song classic played on and on in my head or my earphones over the last two months. I love this optimistic vibe of the lyrics, which tells about the moment which two lovers break up. She sings about that he doesn't has to hesitate about her, she loves living, she will find her way. In the 70's of the last century, where many songs from female singers still tended to sound desperate, submissive and helpless, this was a strong statement.

You know her as a ESC-winner, she won in the year 1972 with Apres Toi:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ka89ORFu_Tc

Papendink
Vicky Leandros - Ich liebe das Leben

English translation:
https://lyricstranslate.com/en/ich-liebe-das-leben-i-love-life.html

Last edited:

Paper7

Papendink Rule #1

Try to never send an entry, which is in any case not in a tiny bit similar to the two entries before. Try to send something totally different from that. I love diversity, and so i will stay diverse with my entries.

So you won't hear hip-hop, nothing electronical with strings, no song about crying your heart out and no oldie, no schlager/chanson, no banjo, no breakup or self-confidental song next time from me. ^^ This rule isn't written in stone, but i will try to send my entries that way. :) Songs in german or korean are possible, i dont apply the rule to languages.

I tend to go with something Rumylkuheimerish next time, cause i want to qualify and see my best chance (according to the possible songs) in that two songs, but i'm still not sure which of them to choose.

Last edited:

Paper7

NF is cancelled!

I'm very sorry if anyone was interested to vote in it, but as long as nobody have done it so far i decide now to cancel it cause at sunday one of the songs growed much on me while the other rather lost a little bit of my love for it, but just a very tiny bit. ^^

And since both songs were pretty similar (and also from the same band), i guess nobody would be that sad about it. :D

So i go with:

Papendink
Haggefugg - Daheim

It's a song about the "Home is where your heart is" thing and i love it. xheart Alltough i guess, the other (Märchenwald) could have catch a wider audience than Daheim, i guess this maybe could get more high points, but the last time i was good with guessing NSC taste was with that "Annabel" of Ye Banished Privateers will definitely win NSC, what it did. ^^ But thats a very long time ago...​

Last edited:

Paper7

Weekly Charts
Papendink
#10 of 2024

NE-Playlist:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LerJSJ6s-v8&list=PLaATOUeKa19ZyAhKSD0zoAQHRP12qHgJC&index=1

pos. -> last pos. -> Weeks -> act - title -> peak
01 [06] 02 Maybepop - Wachstum #1
02 [02] 04 Laura Braun - Nullsummenspiel #1
03 [11] 02 Paula Carolina – Angst Frisst Demokratie #3
04 [01] 05 Haggefugg - Daheim #1
05 [05] 09 Zior Park - Christian #1
06 Neu 01 Nemo - The Code #6 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiGDvM14Kwg
07 [10] 05 Lawrence - i’m confident that i’m insecure (acoustic-ish) #1
08 Neu 01 Käärijä x Erika Vikman - Ruoska #8 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYIO3Z2Dyhs
09 [04] 02 Heron - More and More #4
10 [09] 04 Michael von der Heide - Träne im Wind #2
11 [03] 07 Donny Benét- American Dream #2
12 [07] 07 Gropius - Mon Ami #2

13 Neu 01 Hanabie. - O TA KU #13 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Awx5vfb_aSY
14 [20] 04 Gossip - Real Power #6
15 [08] 02 Black Nail Cabaret - Darkness is a Friend #8
16 [14] 08 Balming Tiger - Buriburi #4
17 Neu 01 Haggefugg - Spieglein #17 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G20SywJOh-Q
18 [19] 03 Sinkane feat. Tru Osborne - Everything Is Everything #10
19 RE! 05 Moon Shot - Blackened Spiral #10
20 [16] 06 Haggefugg - Märchenwald #4
21 [17] 02 ALI - Wild Angel #17
22 [13] 02 Käärijä feat. Finnish Radio Symphony Orchestra - Cha Cha Cha #13
23 Neu 01 Atarashii Gakko! - Ghostbusters: Frozen Summer #23 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LerJSJ6s-v8
24 [21] 07 Balming Tiger feat. RM of BTS - Sexy Nukim #16
25 [18] 07 Atarashii Gakko! - Tokyo Calling #6

I'm sorry, but only two enteredsongs from other nations of the contests here are in the ranking: Calypso from last NSC edition (18th) and Fierraria from WLSC 264 (25th). But i guess that next week there will enter at least three entries from actual NSC edition. ^^

Last edited:

Paper7

Weekly Charts
Papendink
#11 of 2024
New entries​

NE-Playlist:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbSQTDiMcik&list=PLaATOUeKa19Yi8I2YjBZhSkmYfVydKu5S&index=1

06 Neu 01 Skinny Living - My Blood #6
09 Neu 01 Barry Can't Swim - Dance of the Crab #9
11 Neu 01 Deine Cousine - Raus an dich #11
14 Neu 01 (NSC 226 finalist) #14
18 Neu 01 Bløf - Aan De Kust (Live op Concert at SEA 2023) #18
22 Neu 01 Pan Savyan - W Kolorku Amaretto #22
24 Neu 01 Deine Cousine - Girls Just wanna have fun #24

Congrats to ::cyd ::tch and ::wsn for entering the top25 of the ::pap charts! :) And to another for now secret one. ^^

Top Bottom