ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
All of you hating. More of Firefighter for the rest of us to enjoy xheat

Biste

She built empires to watch them burn, but she is a firefighter?
She's rising from the ashes, but she also puts out the fires. If you put out the fire on time, there are no ashes.

I don't think I am getting the metaphors here...

And to top if off, obviously she is rising higher from the fire.:cautious:

AliceEsc

It is..enjoyable? Not very memorable. It's in the Liar-league for me, maybe I like this a bit more.

Loindici

Veteran
Okay, after I'm getting out of my sudden emotions, here are my thoughts about the song.

(God, I miss me some Darko Dimitrov. And he's back in the contest with an ethnopop.)
"Firefighter" is still Georgian unconventional - and this time it's with the song's structure. It's actually a fucking mess within this one. Vocals are everywhere, dance breaks are there, energy is there. This fits Nutsa's diva image and vocal capability.

Georgia wants to give their best bet with this one, I suppose. Right now I'm not getting winner vibes and also it might be a borderline Q or NQ since televote is the only factor now. Yet, this seems to be the song with the biggest performing potential this year: You can make the stage go over the top and nothing would look wrong. Damn, if Georgia can play their cards right (which they seem to be planning currently), this would qualify with ease and possibly be a highlight of its semifinal.

I don't like the excessive reverb and compressing on the song, though.

Right now, :8: sounds right. I hope this is not illusory and Georgia could serve their punches like they did several years ago.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Hmm i'm not fully convinced. For what it promises it's just... bland and safe?

It's basically presented as a club banger but it's not specifically rhythmic or catchy? I personally feel no inclination whatsoever to dance, or flail or even you know, move to it. It's instrumentally toned down, with the intention of putting more attention on Nutsa's voice. Unfortunately, Nutsa's voice is really annoying.

It's kind of like a sterile Mata Hari? Like more earnest as a song (and by a non-evil country), but with less flavour.

It's not for me, but I'm giving it a :5: in poll because it does seem like Georgia have a plan and maybe I will be swayed by an envigorating live performance (which it desperately needs). it has more life than the average Georgian entry so it's an improvement over Iru's nonsense. Whether this reaches the final though, I am not quite sure.

Last edited:

Ezio

Veteran
Awful

Loindici

Veteran

VikingTiger

Yeah, it a mess. But there are parts here that I really enjoy. The total package is worth a 7. And I am convinced that Nutsa will deliver on stage! I wont go into the lyrics though... :rolleyes:
But will Nutsa qualify? For that she will need to rely not only on the song itself, but on a hot performance and some great vocals. I find it's getting more and more difficult to pick out the NQs this year.

ArmpitOfEurope

They created a eurofan bait, yassified but not likely to do any harm in May.
Its better than Cyprus tho that plays in the same category, I will give them that.
:4:

Sunwell

I see a lot of comments that it is ethnopop which is wrong

Trust me guys there is nothing ethnic Georgian in this song. As I know producer is Albanian and sounds generic.

Song is very bland and generic, it's sad that out of 300 songs this was the best. GPB needs restructuring!

crashworld

Veteran
This is the most commercialized Georgia has ever been if I recall.
It's like heck it, we are sick of the endless NQ, time for us to try what the other countries have been doing.
Not sure if it's a good thing but it's not like what they have been doing worked in the recent past editions.

Nutsa has a unique tonality to her vocals, but it can be grating at times.
Typically aggressive sounding woman screaming at you will not translate to votes, so I am wary of that.
Somehow it reminded me of Albania 2022 and we know how that went.

She does sound a little gibberish at times, but not as bad as Iru's.
Her dance moves look stiff, but still better than Efendi's.

I have to give efforts when due, this is Georgia's desperate attempt.
Giving this a :6:, 5 for the song and 1 for the effort.

ArmpitOfEurope

I see a lot of comments that it is ethnopop which is wrong

Trust me guys there is nothing ethnic Georgian in this song. As I know producer is Albanian and sounds generic.

Song is very bland and generic, it's sad that out of 300 songs this was the best. GPB needs restructuring!

Yeah where do people hear ethnic? Its clear dance pop

EscGeek

Veteran
My favorite eurovision country is at it again xyaaayxmusicxbow

When it comes to all georgian entries, this one belongs in the upper half for me. Their standards are unbelievebly high. If i were from Georgia i'd be accued of being biased by all of you.:lol:

I'm debuting this at #4. It just comes short of the 90s comeback trio.

The song puts its own unique spin on Fuegos of the world without reinventing the wheel and without sounding too familiar. And her voice is something special.

This HAS to qualify!

Top Bottom