5 3.3%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

AlekS

Veteran
The girls even improved their Spotify positions on Monday. They debuted in :lt: at #91 with no promo.
Tziferblat is at #2 on our Spotify o_O (no wonder tho, the song is about refugees and those who lost everythingxhug).

Ukrainians don't know about Spotify, usually it takes only 25k to top our chart (the girls have 73k :cool:). When you see Spotify figures from certain account on Twitter, keep in mind that, unlike other countries, we don't have hundreds of thousands of local streams ;) We prefer Youtube mostly.

Congrats with #1 on Apple Music in Poland:

hUH0qYy.png

Last edited:

Iker

Veteran
Wow, I love it. This is fantastic, I would even use the word enthralling to describe this entry for Ukraine. My first 12 points this year and I doubt this will leave my personal top 5 after all songs get revealed.

ESC94

Well, every year there´s a song (almost) everyone is hyped about and I´m asking why, this year it´s :ua: for me. xthink

I kinda like the chorus which is indeed anthemic as many said but the English sentences don´t really fit imo and the rap part feels really out of place for me. All in all the whole entry feels kinda "thrown together" for me, and not in a good way.

In the end I give :4:, it will most likely do very well in Malmö but I wouldn´t need a victory to be honest. xshrug

Last edited:

Sammy

Veteran
The rappart stays annoying. Moreover rapping doesn’t fit neither of them. It‘s like you let Eminem sing a Mozart coloratura.

I like the anthemic part very much in the other hand.

Ted Talks

I think it’s really beautiful. The way the melody builds is so catchy to me.

I’m not religious and rap isn’t my kind of music at all, but it doesn’t matter here. It all works as a song and has a haunting, but captivating quality to it.

I liked Tvorchi last year, but wasn’t bowled over by them. This is immediately far better.

I can see it doing so well in May.

akoz

Well, the best song wins but not the best performance. Overall I'm happy with the result and I'm glad to read that they'll rework their staging. Hopefully girls with their experience + broadcaster would find a way to elevate this song on the stage.

Before Vidbir night I'd give :12: to this song, but with that performance it's :10: until May. Still the best song out of 10 that we have right now.

b4ld3r

Happy that it seems to be charting well in Ukraine! :D

Personally I feel it's a little bit too by the numbers. Despite aiming for this anthemic feel it just kind of chugs along at the same mellow pace. Didn't immediately hook me, as Kalush did from their first Vidbir snippet. But still, by no means a bad song by the contest's standards. Currently feels like somewhere between a :6: or :7:.

mddr

This is unfortunately amateurish and mediocre. With KUPALA and their then live presence and fervor, I was expecting Ukraine and them to be favorites months ago already, but Teresa & Maria is a let-down. Their choreography (which is almost non-existent and akin to the style of their Instagram reels and TikTok -videos) is unfortunately not working on stage either and Jerry's vocal capacity is letting her down with this one.

I understand that they will still gather a lot of points especially from the new diaspora in Europe, but juries will rank this around 7 points and I feel like your average Eurovision televoter will respect this one, but not get crazy about it.

There's a lot of room for some other entry to have a greater impact.

FilipFromSweden

It's a bit boring. It's yet another Dua Lipa-esque midtempo song that the pop world is obsessed with nowadays.

FilipFromSweden

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I think you posted in wrong thread but it'd be hilarious if you really commented on Teresa&Maria in this case
No, just bored of midtempo pop. It sounds like Houdini or Froot by Marina

hijirio

Veteran
All the divas are born as the humanbeings sounds grammatically incorrect to me and grates my ears.
The chorus is catchy but ends up being too repetitive.
Not to mention the fact that Mother Teresa was an extremely controversial figure.
The redeeming factor is that alyona alyona seems so sweet, even though I'm not a fan of her rap solo as a sucker for rap myself.
I would have preferred something rather RnB than just Ukrainian spoken words lacking any melody.

Last edited:

LakZaNokte

I listened to this few days ago and actually remembered it now. Which is nice.

Melody is good. Personally, don’t like the rap part tho.

It will be a nice result for sure.

eurofan2000

I heard there's a huge negative reaction in Ukraine regarding the Vidbir choice. I think the song is really inspiring and causes goosebumps. So underrated. These girls are wonderful xheart

AlekS

Veteran
I heard there's a huge negative reaction in Ukraine regarding the Vidbir choice.
720k+ people, almost 62% voted for this song, I wish everyone had such "negative reaction" :lol:

and I also saw so many comments in Ukrainian about 11 millions spending on the Vidbir organisation, is it true???
That's only 270k €. But people deservedly slam 1+1 channel who was responsible for producing Vidbir this year, we wanted a better quality of production.
We have already covered that amount with donations :cool:

Last edited:
Top Bottom