6 2.9%

8 3.8%

20 9.6%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

simori95

Guess I am late to the party but if the Twitter screenshots were to be true, I hate the concept, although I can appreciate some of the mentors. But seriously, who thought this would be a good idea. Happy to see Milanov on the list though, I usually enjoy his songs a lot. But didn’t he say he doesn’t want to do Eurovision ever again?

And Suave…. at this point they must actively want the s***storm.

ESC94

Guess I am late to the party but if the Twitter screenshots were to be true, I hate the concept, although I can appreciate some of the mentors. But seriously, who thought this would be a good idea. Happy to see Milanov on the list though, I usually enjoy his songs a lot. But didn’t he say he doesn’t want to do Eurovision ever again?

And Suave…. at this point they must actively want the s***storm.

I´m still sceptical about that list, the user who posted this is seemingly known for making "jokes" and spreading "news" about our preselection who turned out to be false in the end.

We just have to wait til noon tomorrow, then we can fall into despair again. :lol:

Realest

Application is open until 28.11.

ESC94

Don´t know what to think about that, at least the radio channels don´t seem to have as much power as this year. xthink

But as expected no Andrea Berg as mentor. :lol:

GermanBango

Sounds messy as always. Here comes another year full of mediocre bs and annoying Eskimo Callboy (or whatever they call themselves these days) fans. Yay.

ESC94

Just wanted to say I am back again! Had some personal troubles, but I feel fine again and ready to start a new ESC-year!:D Have to catch up with many things, and as I see new things here as well (or rather same procedure as every year)

dinner-for-same.gif
cc

You choose exactly the rigth day to come back. xclap

mauve

Veteran
Concerning the "new" concept; I am more than skeptical, I don't have any illusions anymore. Even if we have 8-10 different acts, the one that will be chosen is the weakest and the most radio-friendly song. I doubt that Germany will send anything risky the next upcoming years. I am fed up with hoping each year, so instead, I will expect the worst! ;)

Looren

Veteran
Just wanted to say I am back again! Had some personal troubles, but I feel fine again and ready to start a new ESC-year!:D Have to catch up with many things, and as I see new things here as well (or rather same procedure as every year)

dinner-for-same.gif

Mauuuuuve xheart

Missed you !

simori95

I am still unsure if I preferred the fake or the actual „new“ concept. I mean the screenshots sounded horrendous but today‘s announcement doesn’t really sound better. TECHNICALLY, there COULD be potential in the concept, it’s just that the execution is what makes the success and the execution has always been Germany‘s biggest problem. So I doubt the potential will actually be realized. It’s more like they made a concept that „sounds cool“ and then they just refuse to put in the work. NDR could basically just have convinced me if they had brought in new players who do something radically different. And since they didn’t do that, none of their plans will convince me, no matter how well thought through the plan sounds

Mainshow

Veteran
Basically, we just got the confirmation that there will be a national final and that people (newcomers and well-established artists alike) can submit their songs. Apart from that, they didn´t really provide any information (when? how many? voting?).

What I do like:
They explicitly mentioned that all genres are welcome (pop, rock, schlager, r´n´b...)

What I don´t like:
Again, "bosses" of pop radio stations will be responsible for choosing the artists and thus, interesting and unique acts might not even have the chance to enter the national final at all.

ESC94

Basically, we just got the confirmation that there will be a national final and that people (newcomers and well-established artists alike) can submit their songs. Apart from that, they didn´t really provide any information (when? how many? voting?).

What I do like:
They explicitly mentioned that all genres are welcome (pop, rock, schlager, r´n´b...)

What I don´t like:
Again, "bosses" of pop radio stations will be responsible for choosing the artists and thus, interesting and unique acts might not even have the chance to enter the national final at all.

I´d take that with a huge grain of salt though. If I remember correctly they also said last year that the genre doesn´t matter and in the end the NF sounded more or less the same. xthink

Franzilein

Maybe the involvement of the radio stations is some kind of safety net for our candidates – yes, you may end up dead last at the ESC, but at least your song gets airplay and you some exposure. Former contestants like Ann Sophie were dropped like a hot potato and had to deal with psychological problems as a consequence, but "Rockstars" is still being played frequently on the radio and Malik seems to do fine thankfully.

But then again, as Mainshow rightfully pointed out, the musical creativity is probably pretty limited, hence why our NF will most likely turn out to be rather colourless just like this year. I also don't see any big names applying after all these farces in the past... with that in mind, my hope would be someone like Sofia Portanet perhaps? Would fulfill the radio-friendly category, but the pleasant kind of radio-friendly (at least to me :lol:); not sure if this would do well at the ESC however... xshrug

shameless

Oh dear, after gathering a record-breaking low 5% in the finale of The Voice Basti Schmidt threatened on his Insta that next stop is Eurovision DE. It's not like we didn't expected this but let's assume that if there's any popular vote invovled we will be speared from that desperation :D

ESC94

Oh dear, after gathering a record-breaking low 5% in the finale of The Voice Basti Schmidt threatened on his Insta that next stop is Eurovision DE. It's not like we didn't expected this but let's assume that if there's any popular vote invovled we will be speared from that desperation :D

Some people simply don´t know when it´s enough. xfacepalm

Top Bottom