14 8.1%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Mainshow

Veteran
Btw, I don´t want to see Ukraine win the contest again/anytime soon (same applies to Italy, the Netherlands or other recent winners) - but if they can come up with a great package and entry again... without knowing all entries, it´s difficult to come up with a predicition (as well as not knowing wha the future holds for them/us).

I personally just prefer seeing "new"/"other" countries win - so that it´s kinda "balanced" in my head/on paper.

AlekS

Veteran
Zlata Ognevich (ESC 2013) or Kateryna Osadcha will be the 2nd host.

According to unconfirmed info, Masha Kondratenko will submit a song too.

nick_idk

Now when it comes to artist X, it could theoretically include someone who we might not expect to get in.

My understanding is UAPBC has final discretion on whether an artist has "sufficiently" violated the rules to warrant not being allowed to participate.

Instagram is full of people begging for Pivovarov, Barskih, Dorofeeva, Polyakova etc for vidbir. Obviously all of these have performed in Russia since 2014.

Might the broadcaster determine that someone like Barskih or Dorofeeva has redeemed themselves? I have no idea idea, and it would be quite controversial. But I do think it is possible.

Mainshow

Veteran
I don´t think that it should be "that controversial" - Dorofeeva was born on Crimea and she has been very vocal about the war and condemned it. She even scrapped her sophomore (Russian) album and performs in Ukrainian now. She even re-recorded her lead single and switched from Russian to Ukrainian. - Personally, I think that Vidbir producers shouldn´t prevent her form entering the competition if she really wants to join them.

A-lister

Veteran
I don´t think that it should be "that controversial" - Dorofeeva was born on Crimea and she has been very vocal about the war and condemned it. She even scrapped her sophomore (Russian) album and performs in Ukrainian now. She even re-recorded her lead single and switched from Russian to Ukrainian. - Personally, I think that Vidbir producers shouldn´t prevent her form entering the competition if she really wants to join them.

I wouldn't mind Dorofeeva, but what do you mean that she re-recorded her lead single in Ukrainian? I didn't hear any Ukrainian version of Gorit xshrug

Mainshow

Veteran
I wouldn't mind Dorofeeva, but what do you mean that she re-recorded her lead single in Ukrainian? I didn't hear any Ukrainian version of Gorit xshrug
She released the lead single of her new album/ep on 16th February. The song is in Russian and accompanied by a professional music video:

After RuZZia invaded Ukraine, she re-recorded the song in Ukrainian and her whole new album/ep is in Ukrainian. She highly protests and condemns the invasion.

The Russian/original version of the song didn't make the cut and did not end up being included on her latest release.

A-lister

Veteran
She released the lead single of her new album/ep on 16th February. The song is in Russian and accompanied by a professional music video:

After RuZZia invaded Ukraine, she re-recorded the song in Ukrainian and her whole new album/ep is in Ukrainian. She highly protests and condemns the invasion.

The Russian/original version of the song didn't make the cut and did not end up being included on her latest release.

Wait, so Gorit wasn't meant to be on the album? xshrug It was her first solo release, released some months prior this one. Maybe there was some copyright issue since it's taken a lot from a Little Boots song.

Oh well... If she enters, I think she'll win easily. She's the most known name on the list, and has all the Mozgi entertainment backing her up.

A-lister

Veteran
Imo, it's Alina Pash.

ps. Congrats to her for "Witch" being included in the Just Dance 2023 video game (the franchise has sold 80 million units).

Witch is great, if she could team up with Apashe again for production, throw in a bit ethno elements, no English, and make like a follow up one (but still strong on its own), it would be like a wet dream:

AlekS

Veteran
It's 10 days until the deadline. 106 submissions have been received. The final amount will be 200 approx.

AlekS

Veteran
Hahaha I was waiting for that response!! We love 28 countries voting the same one as their winner, purely all to do with the song, hey?!
Russia is at war against us for 8 years. Maria Yaremchuk? O.Torvald? Melovin? Go_A?
I still think that Go_A should have won, but at least I don't demean countries & nationalities or nationals like certain butthurt people here (not you).

Mainshow

Veteran
Go_A should have won.

Juries not voting for Eastern European countries can be somehow perceived as political (or at least, unprofessional) - thus, if "Stefania" was a political win due to the televoters, "Go_A" not winning was political due to the narrowmind-ness of jury members.

Even if you think the first way ("Stefania" only winning because of...), you clearly should think that Ukraine wasn´t granted a well-deserved victory the year before.

Top Bottom