Contact us

Luxembourg LUXEMBOURG 2023 - not taking part

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

dizzydjc

Nobody has written anything here?
Well I would love to see them come back.
Will it happen? No. However we can dream, and if you can dream then things can happen.
Maybe one day?

Mainshow

Veteran
Personally, I can´t say anything about Luxembourg at Eurovision - that´s why I haven´t posted anything in here despite being an avid fan. I have never experiences a participation of that country in Eurovision and thus, I have no clue if I want to see them back - I mean, they clearly enriched the contest in the first decades but the contest has clearly changed and we got around 40-ish participants... of course, it´s always nice to see former participants reunts - the more, the merrier - but dunno, what if they will be back at some point and just pull off a Monaco in the 00´s?

Charly

Nobody has written anything here?
Well I would love to see them come back.
Will it happen? No. However we can dream, and if you can dream then things can happen.
Maybe one day?
Well we see no singnal of change by RTL. For the past few years the answers has been the same, "a channel the focuses mainly on news etc".

Brandt

I don't think they would be successful even if they returned anyway.

AlekS

Veteran

RTL stated to ESCToday that it currently concentrates on news features rather than music and entertainment shows. A Eurovision participation would entail a financial strain on the broadcaster, hence the country has no plans to return to the contest at the moment.

Sammy

Veteran
Repeating a bad decision doesn’t make it a good one. Luxembourg should come back asap! It‘s one if THE classic participants and is a very big loss for the competition.

ESC94

Repeating a bad decision doesn’t make it a good one. Luxembourg should come back asap! It‘s one if THE classic participants and is a very big loss for the competition.

Well, since I belong to the younger generation and only know the ESC WITHOUT :lu: I don´t really feel that. I wouldn´t mind them to come back but wouldn´t be really sad either if they don´t. xshrug

Last edited:

Sammy

Veteran
Well, since I belong to the younger generation and only know the ESC WITHOUT :lu:I don´t really feel that. I wouldn´t mind them to come back but wouldn´t be really sad either if they don´t. xshrug
But you know their songs… Après toi, Te te reconnaîtras, Nous les amoureux, Parlez-vous français, Croire, Quand je t rêve,… so many iconic entries

ESC94

But you know their songs… Après toi, Te te reconnaîtras, Nous les amoureux, Parlez-vous français, Croire, Quand je t rêve,… so many iconic entries

Yeah, but I only now them from the internet, so I don´t have the nostalgic feelings you have.

Mainshow

Veteran
Yeah, but I only now them from the internet, so I don´t have the nostalgic feelings you have.
Same here - I don´t feel emotionally attached to it and these songs don´t evoke any emotions for me, either.
I just see them as "part of Eurovision´s history" but I have never really liked them or listened to on purpose.
Apart from very few entries in the late 90´s - I prefer the 00s-today and that´s the song I always go back to.

ESC94

Same here - I don´t feel emotionally attached to it and these songs don´t evoke any emotions for me, either.
I just see them as "part of Eurovision´s history" but I have never really liked them or listened to on purpose.
Apart from very few entries in the late 90´s - I prefer the 00s-today and that´s the song I always go back to.

@Sammy probably sees us as clueless millenials. :ROFLMAO:

ESC94

Top Bottom