Contact us

WLSC 241 - Results on page 3 | Your Kettle's Symphony | Last Homely House, Endórë

MiraShadowMan

PSQk88p.png

Noisex - Escape From Paradise

HayashiM

Veteran
The running order has been determined!

I will try to have the show up tonight. If any latecomers still want to take part, I shall accept your songs until about 6PM - you will however be randomly allocated the second position in the running order as a small penalty ;)

Barish

Very accurate tea-log for Effiland! (simply because I love the way we prepare our tea in Turkey and I'm a big fan of the beverage as well!) Also steeping hot show as well! Endore delivers a well brewed edition as usual xcoffee

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Not one nation sending the song I almost sent to both NSC and WLSC before I decided to be Flopyreica for a little longer

theditz83

Veteran
Not ::moi championing a fine all-butter Shortbread finger with their ultimate blend - what an explosion of flavour xheat

Great concept Jan - looking forward to listening to all the entries and sampling everyone's blends (despite being more of a coffee drinker myself these days) ;)

Fierro

I must say this might be the strongest WLSC edition to date since I joined. So many different unique entries!
It rarely happens on contests that I add some song from the line-up to my personal playlist. This edition I saved two songs at once! Bravo to community, you did a good job this time.

Also a great teabag of stories from the host, it was exciting to follow each nation's history of relationship with the tea xup

Looren

Veteran
Omg my banner xheart

For information : am a zombie if I don't drink a cup of this tea the morning :lol:

Great show Hayashi !

Tinchey

Could someone remind me why roster nations were included in WLSC in the first place? Makes no sense to have a WL contest with more than half of participants being non-WL nations.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Could someone remind me why roster nations were included in WLSC in the first place? Makes no sense to have a WL contest with more than half of participants being non-WL nations.

There is no rule against it, and at one point they became vital to the survival of WLSC. For a significant time the participant numbers were less than 10 and even got as low as 5 (iirc) at one point - that was with main roster nations taking part.

HayashiM

Veteran
It makes perfect sense to me, otherwise WLSC would be at around 8-10 participants at best, which is less fun.

Btw, if you want to seriously discuss this, I suggest you do so in a separate dedicated thread ;)

Tinchey

There is no rule against it, and at one point they became vital to the survival of WLSC. For a significant time the participant numbers were less than 10 and even got as low as 5 (iirc) at one point - that was with main roster nations taking part.
Oh right thought so... maybe the contest doesn't need to be kept alive in this format, potentially another one could be more fitting with fewer participants, such as a league contest. Anyway allowing NSC nations participate really makes me not want to return to WLSC.

Tinchey

It makes perfect sense to me, otherwise WLSC would be at around 8-10 participants at best, which is less fun.

Btw, if you want to seriously discuss this, I suggest you do so in a separate dedicated thread ;)
That's too much effort honestly, the comfort level is too high in this community.

theditz83

Veteran
As one of the main roster nations that does regularly participate here, I savour my time with the WL community as a means to help us connect and be closer during a period of time when, let's face it, there isn't a massive social interaction amongst the NSC nations out with the main contest threads. The WLSC LLs in particular are a delight, and I would feel terrible if the WL nations felt short-changed in any way with my nation taking part.

I understand your viewpoint - it's a song contest for the Waiting List members - but I don't see any harm in it being more open for participants to ensure a more vibrant and social community spirit. I wouldn't be against the prospect of the highest finishing WL nation getting the automatic first refusal on the hosting of the following edition for example. But it's a matter for WL nations themselves to decide on - I'm just grateful to be included and don't mean any discomfort or annoyance.

Barish

As one of the main roster nations that does regularly participate here, I savour my time with the WL community as a means to help us connect and be closer during a period of time when, let's face it, there isn't a massive social interaction amongst the NSC nations out with the main contest threads. The WLSC LLs in particular are a delight, and I would feel terrible if the WL nations felt short-changed in any way with my nation taking part.

I understand your viewpoint - it's a song contest for the Waiting List members - but I don't see any harm in it being more open for participants to ensure a more vibrant and social community spirit.

Ditto.

Been here almost two years almost two years and the experience has been delightful. WLSC offers a great way to introduce newcomers and returning people to the community.

Plus the WLSC vibe & lore is significantly different than NSC in my opinion, so in that way they're two distinct forum contests wşth slightly different participation rules.

I love it here so much that for some time I gave serious thought about not returning to the main roster and staying here forever.

Uto

Veteran

They are WL nations. Like you can get into NSC so Stargazer removes you from the WL, but that's just Stargazer doing mod shit.

I understand your viewpoint - it's a song contest for the Waiting List members - but I don't see any harm in it being more open for participants to ensure a more vibrant and social community spirit. I wouldn't be against the prospect of the highest finishing WL nation getting the automatic first refusal on the hosting of the following edition for example. But it's a matter for WL nations themselves to decide on - I'm just grateful to be included and don't mean any discomfort or annoyance.
Yeah, exactly!

Also… NSC have semi finals, WLSC does not. This will create a entirely different dynamic on how we approach this contest as we can send anything without the fear of a semi final flop.

WLSC isn’t NSC lite at all…

Top Bottom