Contact us

Russia RUSSIA 2022 - not taking part

escYOUnited

Administrator
flag-800.png

midnightsun

Veteran
He deleted his post from weeks ago where he was desperately wishing for peace and wanted his children to live in a peaceful world etc.. He never used the words Russia, Ukraine or Putin in it and you could see his words were spoken carefully.
I think he was afraid of any consequences, that‘s why I think there is a little chance he was "forced" to write that new post about Russophobia and had to delete the old post. His latest post sounds different from how his style of writing is usual so that makes me thinking.
But, I don’t want to defend him. I would get why he might not be honest and is afraid to speak frankly if his family is in danger. I just hope he doesn‘t believe what he wrote.

12Pointsgoto.....

I doubt much of this post is his true feeling. When you have family members and friends on the line, you don't speak your mind, you say what would keep you and your loved ones out of trouble. This post was very carefully worded to mean that he still loves his country, but he didn't specifically mention the "key words". He had to write this after he was accused of "going against his country". On the other hand he still wanted a career outside of Russia when all of this comes to an end.

AlekS

Veteran
Soure: PBC.

A letter from the EBU to all the broadcasters:

On behalf of the Executive Board, I would like to inform you of the decision taken by the Board concerning three Russian members of the EBU (RTR, Channel One and Radio House "Ostankino") at its meeting yesterday. Proceeding from the measures taken by the Executive Board at its last meeting on 7 April, when it launched the suspension procedure, the Council unanimously decided to immediately suspend the operation of the three Russian EBU members for indefinite term, that will be regularly revised by the Executive Board.

12Pointsgoto.....

Soure: PBC.

A letter from the EBU to all the broadcasters:

On behalf of the Executive Board, I would like to inform you of the decision taken by the Board concerning three Russian members of the EBU (RTR, Channel One and Radio House "Ostankino") at its meeting yesterday. Proceeding from the measures taken by the Executive Board at its last meeting on 7 April, when it launched the suspension procedure, the Council unanimously decided to immediately suspend the operation of the three Russian EBU members for indefinite term, that will be regularly revised by the Executive Board.
So russia is probably out for the next 5 years at least

Fluke

I like how there's not even a thread for Russia 2023 because i guess everyone is dead set on them not attempting to participate....

musicfan

Didn't the broadcasters get kicked anyway?
I like how there's not even a thread for Russia 2023 because i guess everyone is dead set on them not attempting to participate....

I think they left before they got kicked.

There's more chance of Subwoolfer's Moon participating next year than any Russian broadcaster.

I do find the speculation about musicians from Russia or related to Russia in some way tiresome though. If you don't know their opinion it's best to leave them alone than trying to spread rumours or hate.

AlekS

Veteran
I think they left before they got kicked.
They've realized that they will get kicked, so they acted like it was originally their decision.

Tho, after their state censorship sued the biggest Russian music channel for "gay propaganda" in November (and won in the court. The 2nd "offense" will annul channel's license), imho it was clear that Eurovision was doomed in Russia.

Last edited:

A-lister

Veteran
People still want this naZi terrorist state in Eurovision? xshrug I thought this was a closed case already...

AlekS

Veteran
Ostankino, the state-owned technical broadcaster of the First Channel and many other channels, showed this on their main building:

"Alla, where did you f**k your husband up?"

It was aimed at the music legend Alla Pugacheva (Eurovision 1997) and her husband, popular comic-impersonator of Ukrainian origin, who openly went against the war.

Bless everyone who defend this and their OGAE who openly supported (nobody was forcing them) Russian war. You will get back everything you wish to other people :)

Last edited:

ollibox

Hah, Galkin was in Estonia few weeks back and his comedy shows were quite popular!
He mocked the Russian system and leadership a lot as I heard xdance2

Fluke

You think they would the send this "Shaman" if they had been in it?
Worth watching the whole video btw, the old guy telling "jokes" is straight out of the Hunger Games.

Top Bottom