Contact us

Live EUROVISION SONG CONTEST 2022 FINAL DISCUSSION

Sean

Admin
Staff member
Please use this thread to discuss rehearsals in general and also to follow along with all of the live shows in Turin.

Matt, Melanie and Roy from the ESC United team will be LIVE in Turin over the coming days, with yours truly joining them on the ground in the coming days.

Make sure to join Matt for the round up of Eurovision 2022 rehearsals from 10:00 CET, LIVE on Youtube. Links to all live streams are below;

DAY 1

DAY 2

DAY 3

DAY 4

DAY 5

DAY 6

DAY 7

For individual countries' reactions and interviews, please check out the specific country thread.

Make sure to also follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch and our new TikTok account for all of the latest behind the scenes and reaction from Turin!

>>> Click HERE for the Eurovision 2022 rehearsal schedule <<<

Last edited:

esc87fan

Forgot to mention another fun fact: 7 different languages are represented among the SF1 qualifiers: English, Ukrainian, Lithuanian, Icelandic, Romanian, Portuguese and Dutch

nudiecrudi

I enjoyed very much last nigh. To me everything was done properly, and not because it's held in Italy. I have appreciated always the esc shows all over Europe. All beautiful all different.
Now I read many comments about camera angles, lighting, sound ect ect.
I know that the Esc fans are very well connected to this show but seems that have lost a bit of being spontaneous and do not think too much about details which most of them don't know anything, me first. Most of them would love to be camera angles person in charge or for the lighting or director of photography and above all the Esc fans live to give votes to everything and making comparisons, starting from the songs and finishing to the postcards. Personally I do not loose my concentration or convey my attention analyzing every single second of the show and put it under microscope. I try to live this moments and emotions without being distracted.
All the details, camera angles lightnings sound and snippets have been agreed with each singer or delegation. Each performance has been checked so many times and fixed in a coordination between production-singer.
It has been always like this in the recent past years, since Esc has become such a complex show.
Qualifications: Some songs didn't qualify because they didn't deserve for various reasons , Albania ( my nr 1 this year besides Italy) and Austria.
Other ones were very weak even well staged, Croatia, Denmark, Lettonia and Bulgaria.
I don't think at all that those details have influenced the final result. If a song has quality it emerges even without camera angles Netherlands Switzerland, simplicity and emotions. Even with a single not moving camera they would have qualified.

Ajeje Brazorf

Forgot to mention another fun fact: 7 different languages are represented among the SF1 qualifiers: English, Ukrainian, Lithuanian, Icelandic, Romanian, Portuguese and Dutch

Yep, and if we add Breton, Italian and Spanish we already have 10 different languages on the Final... I think it is a record in recent years. And if Serbia qualified, like we all expected, we will have 12.

Miss Antartica

General thoughts on the show:

The Good
  • Diodato - Hands down. Top-notch! I got more chills from this performance than all the 17 performances combined.
  • Pacing - I thought the general flow of the show is pretty good. Not draggy, just nice.
  • Staging - It looks really beautiful if it is properly utilized with the kinetic sun.
  • Onscreen graphics (ie. scoreboard, title cards) - I like them looking pretty simple and classy.
The Bad
  • Camera angles - I lost count the number of times the camera angles are damn right shitty in all 17 performances and they do impact my overall viewing experience of the show. It's worse than the kinetic sun not doing what it's supposed to do.
  • Lighting - Some of performances look over-exposed, some look like they forgotten to pay the electricity bills.
  • Postcards - I can't believe how cheap-looking they look. Easily one of the worst in years.
  • Sound - The sound that the dry ice spray made, it was so loud and distracting.
the audience too are so hot and not sleaping.

Augustas

Hey guys,

Interesting Semi Final, of course referring to Switzerland qualifying :D Juries made their job and that's why we have them, but it doesn't really matter who took 9-10 places in the semifinal, even if it would be Albania or Austria it would end up at the last spots in Grand Final. Moreover, really happy for Lithuania, made me some good money, still can't believe how such a high-quality act with very charismatic singer could have been that low in the odds. Leaving Netherlands for the last qualifier to reveal was so anti climaxing, it was clear as day that they are going through (for me it was the best performance this evening, even though couldn't understand a word), imo it should have been switched with Moldova to reveal for the last spot.

Last edited:

NikolaiMoller

Veteran
Hey guys,

Interesting Semi Final, of course referring to Switzerland qualifying :D Juries made their job and that's why we have them, but it doesn't really matter who took 9-10 places in the semifinal, even if it would be Albania or Austria it would end up at the last spots in Grand Final. Moreover, really happy for Lithuania, made me some good money, still can't believe how such a high-quality act with very charismatic singer could have been that low in the odds. Leaving Netherlands for the last qualifier to reveal was so anti climaxing, it was clear as day that they are going through (for me it was the best performance this evening, even though couldn't understand a word), imo it should have been switched with Moldova to reveal for the last spot.

No way Albania or Austria would've ended up last in the final, especially if they drew 2nd half

Ausesken

Good morning Ausesken ☀️ Betting money? It's so out of date! I would propose a dance together but... mmm... it's not possible. Then, I'm also afraid that our friends on the forum, who are very imaginative and romantic, get weird ideas like this 😂:

At stake is only the fun and joy of seeing which one of us is right. What better satisfaction? 😄
You meant good night, as at 4:53 it’s still dark xsleep
Yeah, weird idea that one, as I’m not as good at dancing!
I am right, of course :cool: No uptempo songs in the top 3 this year. Just mid-tempo or ballads.

Milos-BC

Quite a weak semi overall, but most of my favorites made it through, so I'm happy for that.

I guessed 8 out of 10 qualifiers correctly, I didn't expect to see :ch: and :is: in, and personally, I would've put :dk: and :hr: instead. The juries definitely played a role there. Other than that, I am satisfied with the other qualifiers.

Show-wise, I like the postcards the most. Not particularly impressed with other things.

More impressions about each song later on in their respective topics....

heke1988

I got 8/10 right (:am:, :gr:, :is:, :md:, :nl:, :no:, :pt:, :ua:). I had :al: and :at: instead of :lt: and :ch:. I wasn't surprised, that :lt: qualified, but :ch: was. Although I later thought, juries 100% voted/ranked :ch: to qualify.

FilipFromSweden

Some have said that the stage/show isn’t modern enough and that it feels too old school, but that would be missing the entire point. 2019 and 2021 was so shiny and modern and ”new”in terms of staging. Italy isn’t going for that vibe, they’re going for a semi-classic approach with their design choices, which I like.

Zerocalcare

You meant good night, as at 4:53 it’s still dark xsleep
Yeah, weird idea that one, as I’m not as good at dancing!
I am right, of course :cool: No uptempo songs in the top 3 this year. Just mid-tempo or ballads.
For me it was morning, it's a busy month. I have to get up every day at 4 for a month to accompany my mother for radiotherapy, various tests and medical visits. I am so tired that I feel like a zombie 🧟😅 I have just the time to share a few words with my friends on the forum to have a laugh and talk about our shared passion.

Anyway... thanks for telling me you can't dance. I will avoid my feet being crushed all the time and save my money for pedicure xhmmmxrofl Why do I think you will take revenge for this joke of mine? :eek:

Seriously, you are right. It's a year full of strong ballads. Who knows if a ballad will triumph or all of them will cancel each other out. Let's see which of us will be right.

See you soon, Ausesken. I have not forgotten the email.

¡Saludos! 😎

Ajeje Brazorf

Guys, I have a question for you: who do you think will be the opener in the Grand Finale? Because I can't see a lot of candidates between the songs already drawn in the first half. Do you think Ireland, Czech Republic or San Marino could open if they'll qualify and they are drawn in the first half? Because, Chanel is a fan favourite (won't open), Subwoolfer I can't see them opening because maybe too gimmicky to open, Ukraine obviously isn't going to open, Armenia could possibly but has a lot of props on stage and probably won't open, France could be an opener but maybe it's too dsrk for being one... Who do you think will open?

Last edited:

Deleted member 12761

I wonder who is going to be SF2's "Albania". I hope it's not Cyprus. Germany can vote in the 2nd SF. I will definitely vote for her and maybe Czechia and Serbia. I have a feeling Estonia will be a NQer. He is in my Top 10 right now. I hope it's not him either.

Top Bottom