Contact us

Live EUROVISION SONG CONTEST 2022 FINAL DISCUSSION

Sean

Admin
Staff member
Please use this thread to discuss rehearsals in general and also to follow along with all of the live shows in Turin.

Matt, Melanie and Roy from the ESC United team will be LIVE in Turin over the coming days, with yours truly joining them on the ground in the coming days.

Make sure to join Matt for the round up of Eurovision 2022 rehearsals from 10:00 CET, LIVE on Youtube. Links to all live streams are below;

DAY 1

DAY 2

DAY 3

DAY 4

DAY 5

DAY 6

DAY 7

For individual countries' reactions and interviews, please check out the specific country thread.

Make sure to also follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch and our new TikTok account for all of the latest behind the scenes and reaction from Turin!

>>> Click HERE for the Eurovision 2022 rehearsal schedule <<<

Last edited:

Ezio

Veteran
I need Sweden to pick first half, that would make this incredible lol
They will announce Sweden as 10th qualifier and then there are only 2nd halves left. Another 23rd starting position or so for them. So lucky

NemesisNick

Eurovision Song Contest 2022 First Semi-Final Results
Here are the results, which were announced in a random order just after 22:00 BST. Any use of "tonight" still means Tuesday 10 May 2022.

My desired qualifiers: Switzerland, Netherlands, Moldova, Portugal, Croatia, Iceland, Greece, Armenia, plus two of Lithuania, Slovenia, Bulgaria, Denmark.

Actual qualifiers (in order of announcement): Switzerland, Armenia, Iceland, Lithuania, Portugal, Norway, Greece, Ukraine, Moldova, Netherlands.

Bold entries represent the actual qualifiers that match my "Definitely want to qualify" preferences, and italic entries represent the ones that match my "Wouldn't mind qualifying" preferences.

OUT: Albania, Austria, Bulgaria, Croatia, Denmark, Latvia, Slovenia.

My points of view about the qualifiers is available here on my blog:

crashworld

Veteran
Do you think the running order has caused some entries to lose out?
Especially Albania followed by Latvia. Both of them too high impact and in-your-face.

Now I fear for the Finland-Israel-Serbia combo for SF2.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Can all the other faves pull 1st. K thnx xo. That will be such a hot mess for them to order. :lol:

HayashiM

Veteran
HELL YES, I am so so pleased my favourite Bear made it! xheart xheart xheart All my life is now missing is him singing Boys Do Cry live from the Paddington station in London (ok, maybe him not getting the death slot in the finals could be enough).

I didn't even dare to hope he could make it with all the disgusting insults thrown at him absolutely everywhere including here, but when he got announced... RIP, ears of the 100 or so neighbours in our appartment building. Biggest scream of my short-lived Eurovision life. So happy for him!

midnightsun

Veteran
Do you think the running order has caused some entries to lose out?
Especially Albania followed by Latvia. Both of them too high impact and in-your-face.

Now I fear for the Finland-Israel-Serbia combo for SF2.

Switzerland got one of the so called „death spots“ and made it, even with a very slow and not very much liked song.

On the other hand Latvia and Slovenia, almost following each other consecutively with one one song in between, almost had an identical beginning of the song. It certainly did not do them a favour.
Also loud and over the top performances of Albania and Latvia did help the calm Switzerland that came after.
Like I‘ve been saying like forever… starting position doesn’t matter as much as the song an act is performing before and after. This has a much greater influence imho.

fabianinna

Apart from the qualifiers, time for some comments about the show:

- Really liked the hosts, much more natural than last year
- Stage looks weird with the black sun
- Graphics are also more than fine
- Postcards are horrible although they show stunning places
- The quality of the show itself is ages away from last year (not in a good way...)

I was starting to think that they were announcing the acts who didn’t get through until they got to Norway. Seriously whack voting.

Gutted for Ronela but so proud of her!
hahah i thought it tooo !

esc87fan

I'm thrilled to bits that my three picks for SF1 :lt::pt::nl: all got through! Here's a couple of interesting facts

1. Zdob si Zdub is now the first act to qualify for the final in 3 different decades (2005, 2011 and 2022)
2. "De Diepte" is the first song in the Dutch language to be in the final since "Hemel en Aarde" in 1998
3. A fully Lithuanian song will be heard in the final for the first time since Lithuania's debut in 1994
4. Since 2013, the Netherlands has been in every final except for 2015

Last edited:

FilipFromSweden

Here are my thoughts

- The stage looked really great even with the black rainbow, it looked like it was intentional even.

- Great show, great hosting overall. The hosts could've used a better script though

- Got tears in my eyes from :nl: and :gr:, especially :gr: deserves to win it all because that performance was just otherworldly. I watched it with a Spannish friend and he said it took his breath away

- Sorry but :at: delivered live, I can't remember the last time I saw people dancing like that in the audience and to see that some bullshit from :md: and :lt: qualify instead is a damn shame

- Loved :hr: but that outfit no

- I loooved how :ua: performance looked improvised? Like a bunch of guys just doing something for fun

- Diodato would've won 2020 we know that

- The Danish girl killed it in her vocals so I'm very sad to see it didn't make it

Last edited:

HayashiM

Veteran
Otherwise, it's been great to also see :ua: and :md: through, and quite a few of the qualifiers have grown on me live. I loved pretty much the entire show. Sure, there are many elements that could use some improvement, but mostly I was just happy to finally be able to watch Eurovision again. I do feel gutted for Albania (I think the thing that really killed her chances was the choice for her snippet), Austria, Latvia... well pretty much every NQ song. I am kind of surprised to come here and read people being unhappy with so many things, but I sincerely hope things improve for you on Thursday. Fingers crossed! :)

Edit: oh, and as about 100 people have mentionned before, Diodato was absolutely amazing. I had goosebumps throughout the entire performance. He must come back!

Last edited:

FilipFromSweden

I also feel a bit gaslighted by the ESC community as I've been fed this narrative that :ch: and :bg: were trash but they we're actually pretty good when it came down to it

fabianinna

im so not happy with the results.. i feeel so sorry for Ronela and for austria.. :(.. I didn't expect iceland..

FilipFromSweden

:al: that wasn't a song though? Sounded like she wrote that 3 minute song in 1 minute. It was just a lot of wailing and woooooooooahhhhhhhh hghjjhgh hhhhhh woooooooooooooooooo aaaaahhhhhhhhh ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh *house beats*

Top Bottom