I'm with him and you're a secret treasure
He's devotion, you're a guilty pleasure
I'm with him and this is real life, honey
Guess the joke's no longer funny

I'm with him until the death do us part,
But it doesn't do for this hungry heart
I'm with him, but in my frantic head
You always come and say:

"Would you run away?" (Would you run away?)
"Would you run away with me?"
"Would you run away?"

(Would you run away?)
In this real life, there's no way
In this real life, I have to say (Would you run away?)
In this real life, there's no way
In this real life

I'm with him and you're a secret treasure
He's devotion, you're a guilty pleasure
I'm with him and this is real life, honey
Guess the joke's no longer funny

I'm with him until the death do us part,
But it doesn't do for this hungry heart
I'm with him, but in my frantic head
You always come and say, say, say:

"Would you run away with me?"
"Would you run away?"

(Would you run away?)
In this real life, there's no way (Would you run away?)
In this real life, I have to say (Would you run away?)
In this real life, there's no way (Would you run away?)
In this real life

Euterpa

It's a bit weird to come here after a while and see my map as the most recent post here. :D

To give more details:
The map shows where the artists grew up, city of origin was used for Bernarda. Ella Orešković was born in Canada and moved to Zagreb 12 years ago (I didn't find which city she was born in, but it's probably somewhere in Ontario). Bernarda was born in Dietikon, Switzerland, while Jessa (Jessica Atlić-McColgan) was born in Bogota, Colombia due to the nature of her father's job (she didn't say what job is that). She said for HRT's Dobro jutro Hrvatska (Good morning, Croatia) TV show that she moved to Zadar when she was 4 and finished the elementary school and high school there, and considers Zadar her hometown. She now lives and studies in Dublin, Ireland. As her last name shows, she is half Irish.

This is the first Dora ever without a single artist from Split. This is significant because Split artists tend to do well in Dora, and these are only the winners:
1995 | Magazin (6th in Eurovision)
1996 | Maja Blagdan (4th)
1998 | Danijela Martinović (5th)
1999 | Doris Dragović (4th)
2000 | Goran Karan (9th)
2006 | Severina (12th)
2009 | Igor Cukrov (18th)
2019 | Roko (NQ)
2021 | Albina (NQ)

Anyway, I decided to start an account about Dora on Twitter, since HRT's official one basically died. And they shared very little even when it was still alive. You are free to follow the account (@dora_croatia), I'm really trying to follow everything and to include fun facts. :D

Tomorrow is Marko Bošnjak's birthday, he is one of the artists that will compete in Dora for the first time. He announced that he will publish his very first song on his birthday. Maybe we'll know what to expect from him in Dora based on that song.

EDIT: Marko published in his Instagram story that he is focusing on Dora only, and that the promised single WILL NOT be published tomorrow on his birthday. It will have to wait until after Dora.

Last edited:

Mrm

Veteran
I gotta feelin' Zdenka Kovačiček will be my fave... I think if she wins, she would be smth fresh for Croatia and totally different approach they really need.. I can totally see her as a good choice.. :)

Last edited:

Euterpa

Aaaaa "baš me briga".. :lol: :lol:

Otkriće godine! :D

In other news, HRT has changed their FB page name from Eurosong HRT to Dora HRT. They also switched the Eurovision logo for the Dora logo.

They also asked us whose song are we most looking forward to hear and I'd like to think that that means we'll hear snippets soon but...who am I kidding, it's HRT. They'll publish it two weeks before Dora, the earliest.

Bmbriga

So, I listened to their short interviews and it seems there are going to be some ballads this year. Also different from last year: Mia Negovetić is coming with a ballad, Erik more upbeat, Ella mentioned dancers, so I guess also more upbeat, ToMa is coming harder and braver, what ever that means.... I can make more in depth post, if you're interested, but it really wasn't that interesting.

Best part was an interview with jurors.

Jury (author, singer and 3 HRT People):
- there was a lot of awful songs, but also some good ones
- they instantly agreed that 2 songs are going to final, they discussed the remaining 12
-while listening 180 songs, after a while every single sound starts to annoy you, so you need to make a break, she sat in silence when she got home
- he's actually very pleased, because at first he thought it will be meh, like 3-4 good songs, but now after sleeping on it he thinks there are at least 7
- it's good that they have a lot of experience, so they can sort of know after a first minute if the song is good for a festival or not
- they think they did a good job
- one guy thinks they made the only possible choice
-there's 10 good songs, but he thinks 3 or 4 are going to fight for the winn

Don't get me wrong, I think they are probably right, even too generous... But I'm also pretty sure those backup acts were pretty thrilled to find out jury thinks their songs are just bad, but at least not a horrendous shit like the other 160.

Mrm

Veteran
So, I listened to their short interviews and it seems there's going to be more ballads than last year. Also different from last year: Mia Negovetić is coming with a ballad, Erik more upbeat, Ella mentioned dancers, so I guess also more upbeat, ToMa is coming harder and braver, what ever that means.... I can make more in depth post, if you're interested, but it really wasn't that interesting.

Best part was an interview with jurors.

Jury (author, singer and 3 HRT People):
- there was a lot of awful songs, but also some good ones
- they instantly agreed that 2 songs are going to final, they discussed the remaining 12
-while listening 180 songs, after a while every single sound starts to annoy you, so you need to make a break, she sat in silence when she got home
- he's actually very pleased, because at first he thought it will be meh, like 3-4 good songs, but now after sleeping on it he thinks there are at least 7
- it's good that they have a lot of experience, so they can sort of know after a first minute if the song is good for a festival or not
- they think they did a good job
- one guy thinks they made the only possible choice
-there's 10 good songs, but he thinks 3 or 4 are going to fight for the winn

Don't get me wrong, I think they are probably right, even too generous... But I'm also pretty sure those backup acts were pretty thrilled to find out jury thinks their songs are just bad, but at least not a horrendous shit like the other 160.

Really?!?

640px-Zdenka_Kovacicek_Bundek_Zagreb_06102012_2_roberta_f.jpg

Bmbriga

Really?!?

640px-Zdenka_Kovacicek_Bundek_Zagreb_06102012_2_roberta_f.jpg
She talked for 2 minutes about the song just to say what could be said in one sentence: "We want to send a message that everything is going to be ok". And since the song's title is "Stay on the bright side", even that one sentence is not that necessary.

• Hatrið
Reactions: Mrm

Mrm

Veteran
She talked for 2 minutes about the song just to say what could be said in one sentence: "We want to send a message that everything is going to be ok". And since the song's title is "Stay on the bright side", even that one sentence is not that necessary.
xpunishWell, she could say whatever, she's a walking legend.. xqueenbitch

Bmbriga

xpunishWell, she could say whatever, she's a walking legend.. xqueenbitch
😂 Well, I appreciate your enthusiasm.
I just wanted to let you know we don't have any new information about a song. But I have a feeling it's going to be a bit upbeat, not a ballad.

• Scream
Reactions: Mrm

Euterpa

Hmmmm well the exact quote is “bilo je puno loših pjesama, ali bilo je i dosta dobrih”. So, “there was a lot of bad songs, but also quite a few good ones”. Loše is “bad”, it's not really “awful”. Although that doesn't make things much better. :D

Edit: There will be a running order draw for Dora on January 24, HTV 1, during “Kod nas doma” TV show.

Edit 2: You're laughing, and I get now there's not much difference between bad and awful here haha. I just wanted so so much to stay positive. 😭 I just want a good Dora. 😭

Last edited:
Top Bottom