So baby, it's not a maybe
Yeah, I'm too good to be true, but there's nothing in it for you
So if I show some skin, it doesn't mean I'm giving in
Not your baby

Je me casse, je me casse
If you don't get it (Je me casse)
Je me casse, je me casse
I'm not your baby

Boy, are you pouring that drink in my hand?
Thinking if I'm drunk then, I'll give you a chance
Boy, you keep buying and complaining so stop trying
Not gonna give it up and change my plans

Hell no, I'm not your honey
Hell no, I don't want your money
Got it wrong, I ain't into dummies
No-o-o-o

So baby, it's not a maybe
Not your baby

Je me casse, je me casse
If you don't get it (Je me casse)
Je me casse (Je-je-je me casse)
If you don't...

Ladies, if you feel like flaunting tonight, it’s alright, it's alright
Ladies (Ladies), listen to me!
Listen and go right ahead, show you're shining

If you don't get it, if you, if you dont' get it (Je me casse)
If you don't get it, if you, if you don't get it
Excuse my French

Baby, it's not a maybe
Not your baby

Je me casse
Je-je-je me casse
I'm not your baby​

Last edited by a moderator:

Iker

Veteran
Its unpreventable an doesnt affect the Scoreboard.
It ultimatately hurts both countries and mocks the contest when countries purposefully lowball each other. They should judge the merit of the entry and not the country.

DanielLuis

I get the impression that sometimes the juries votes are more political and block voting.. just go through last years...
I can understand that some Belarussian song (not a ripp off Sweden or American song, but Belarussian) will have 100% appeal to Russian people, to Ukraine since they were historicaly really close, as well as I know that Croatia 2020 would have mass appeal to Serbs for example.. It’s normal thing, some people are historically closer and have same taste in music... And I’m not really mad when Cyprus people give 12 to Greece.. Its the same culture ... But the juries excange 12 points... Greece-Cyprus.. well thats a problem here..
Yeah, it's in absolutely no way comparable to how bad the televoting was in 2004-2008.
You could literally guess the 8, 10 and 12 points almost all of the participating countries would give by just looking at the list of finalists, without even hearing the songs. It was getting beyond ridiculous.
Now, with the juries you just get the occasional 'Serbia and Montenegro trading 10/12 some years', or 'Greece and Cyprus trading 10/12 some years', but that's it. Back then it was WAY worse.
Not saying it's your case, but a lot of people in the community only started following Eurovison in the last 5-10 years and really have no idea how rampant block voting was in the 2000s. They have no idea what they're talking about when they argue the juries are worse.
Of course, the block voting, diaspora and political voting, etc has diminished a lot in recent years, but that's exactly because the juries were introduced and strong songs/performances began to be rewarded overall again, no matter the country they came from, and that ended up quickly leaking into the televoting too.

tararaaam

I don't think it's a crime that Azerbaijan nearly got 200 points from the juries - it was a strong entry with a strong package, singer and vocals. They've also not been rewarded much by the juries for let's say the past 5 years. Australia deserved more points though, but I guess it ain't convenient that people have shut up about jury bias towards Australia after Kate (and Jess).
I don’t disagree at all, as I already said, I loved Truth, except for its kinda absurd staging. But this does not mean that Australia shouldn’t have slayed the jury vote, with such impressive vocals. Estonia 2018 is another indicative example, I really can’t see a world where “music professionals” would vote for Toy or Fuego over Estonia. And that’s a good proof of how jury vote is extremely calculated, to shape the final result.
Denmark only gives 12 Points to Norway/Sweden/Germany when they reach the Top5.
On the other Side Montenegro almost always gives 12 Points to Serbia, even when they end up in the Bottom10.
2019 Serbia gave 12 Points to Montenegro when they were Bottom2 in the Semi.
So what? The only thing that changes, is the size of the block, allowing for more choices, and making it even more influential. Greece got some boos even when they voted...Fuego. Let’s face it, the more we go north/west in Europe, the less likely it is for countries to be accused of their block voting, and we all know why this happens.

And a general comment: Eurovision in the 00s may have been biased due to televoting, but at least it was more democratic. Do we really think, that Estonia 2001 would have won nowadays, considering the extremely poor budget they had to offer? I think it is quite obvious that the juries are also there to avoid such “problems”, and give back the contest to the North/West, the countries willing to give more money.

Realest

Denmarks Jury Top3 since 2009:

2009: :is::no::ee:
2010: We dont have Split-Results, but probably: :de::be::ro:
2011: We dont have Split-Results, but probably :ie::sl::ro:
2012: :se::de::md:
2013: :ru::se::nl:
2014: :se::at::nl:
2015: :ru::se::au:
2016 :ua::au::be:
2017: :se::pt::au:
2018: :de::au::at:
2019: :se::mk::de:

For me it looks like the danish Jury simply does its Job correctly and mostly vote for the Topfavourites instead of their successless Neighbours like other Countries, thats why they dont get booed.

crashworld

Veteran
I don’t disagree at all, as I already said, I loved Truth, except for its kinda absurd staging. But this does not mean that Australia shouldn’t have slayed the jury vote, with such impressive vocals. Estonia 2018 is another indicative example, I really can’t see a world where “music professionals” would vote for Toy or Fuego over Estonia. And that’s a good proof of how jury vote is extremely calculated, to shape the final result.

I don't think juries should reward entries just because of vocal talent. They should judge the overall package of each entry. Plus the juries don't always made up of "music professionals", they are more like "entertainment industry professionals".
And also, we forget that juries are humans too, they will also take into consideration on which song they like on top of the criteria given to them. So I don't agree with the statement that juries should vote for Estonia 2018 over Israel 2018 or Cyprus 2018 in that instance.

Jopi

For me it looks like the danish Jury simply does its Job correctly and mostly vote for the Topfavourites instead of their successless Neighbours like other Countries, thats why they dont get booed.
Lool Sweden and Australia popping too often:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Realest

tararaaam

How do we define top favorites? As countries that get 250 in jury vote and 30 in televote? I think the homogenity in the table you have created does prove a point. Anyway, my point was not even Denmark but much more general.

theditz83

Veteran
Will Malta buy views for this video too? I hope they have cash left💸💸
JK, this version is sooo much better, should have sent this one to esc.
Nope, definitely not - it's just another indulgent overly-dramatic version like everyone seems to be doing. It doesn't make sense to have this song in any other guise than the uptempo 20s flapper-style bop - so glad we have the original as if they'd sent something like this I'd have been like "umm Destiny you ok hun?"

Preuss

So what? The only thing that changes, is the size of the block, allowing for more choices, and making it even more influential. Greece got some boos even when they voted...Fuego. Let’s face it, the more we go north/west in Europe, the less likely it is for countries to be accused of their block voting, and we all know why this happens.

And a general comment: Eurovision in the 00s may have been biased due to televoting, but at least it was more democratic. Do we really think, that Estonia 2001 would have won nowadays, considering the extremely poor budget they had to offer? I think it is quite obvious that the juries are also there to avoid such “problems”, and give back the contest to the North/West, the countries willing to give more money.

music professionals who reward mainstream pop with a lot of potential internationally, which is what happened with Toy and Fuego, no? There’s nothing surprising here really, the industry worldwide loves the pop genre

tkris

On the other hand, in 2014 Netherlands, Austria and Sweden were very generous towards each other.

But I was very disappointed in my darling Portugal about their voting in 2017, and those 12 points from Bulgaria for Nathan Trent tasted quite sour in my mouth.
In 2014 the televote and Jury vote was combined . So 12th in jury + 2nd in Televote would equal high points overall .

Now if you strategically place a country 11th (like Cyprus jury in 2018 placed Israel ) you give them 0 points.

Top Bottom