So baby, it's not a maybe
Yeah, I'm too good to be true, but there's nothing in it for you
So if I show some skin, it doesn't mean I'm giving in
Not your baby

Je me casse, je me casse
If you don't get it (Je me casse)
Je me casse, je me casse
I'm not your baby

Boy, are you pouring that drink in my hand?
Thinking if I'm drunk then, I'll give you a chance
Boy, you keep buying and complaining so stop trying
Not gonna give it up and change my plans

Hell no, I'm not your honey
Hell no, I don't want your money
Got it wrong, I ain't into dummies
No-o-o-o

So baby, it's not a maybe
Not your baby

Je me casse, je me casse
If you don't get it (Je me casse)
Je me casse (Je-je-je me casse)
If you don't...

Ladies, if you feel like flaunting tonight, it’s alright, it's alright
Ladies (Ladies), listen to me!
Listen and go right ahead, show you're shining

If you don't get it, if you, if you dont' get it (Je me casse)
If you don't get it, if you, if you don't get it
Excuse my French

Baby, it's not a maybe
Not your baby

Je me casse
Je-je-je me casse
I'm not your baby​

Last edited by a moderator:

Preuss

I wonder if this could be a Dami Im moment though... landslide the juryvote and then hope for the best in the televote and that it's enough for a victory

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
^ There are good chances that it will

tararaaam

I feel like this thread has turned into discovering the obvious. It is not the first time that overhype -with any possible means- is affecting the result, and that is not only in the case of Malta. Swedish jury voting for Cyprus just because they bought a Swedish song, North Macedonia coming literally out of nowhere at the top of the scoreboard are only two of many examples. At least when the system was only televoting-based, the worst that could happen is Azerbaijan voting for Turkey and Greece for Cyprus....

Iker

Veteran
Fans seem to have a problem with Malta anyway. They claim that it's suspicious if they see juries voting for them, and yet they deliberately ignore the fact that televoting gives them 0-20 points every single year, regardless of what they send. Talk about prejudice and bias. I support Malta for the win this year, it's the only year they can do it, because of Destiny's talent.

For me it's not a sign of bias, but more like a result of how they songs are like, and the fact that they do not have any real allies or diaspora.

Preuss

I mean, this is definitely an unpopular opinion, but given what the juries are supposed to take into consideration, "Soldi" very well could've/should've been lower as his vocals weren't that great and the staging was pretty poor. The song itself is dope, which is the trump card most fans of the song will play, but if we're supposed to take staging and vocals into consideration as jurors, then I know I would not rank Soldi as high as 4th lol

midnightsun

Veteran
Malta cheat most years and have for a long time,most people who gamble on the contest know this because unlike fans (they are still fans,but have the money side as well) they need to see past the surface.They buy Youtube views regular and have this year heavily,this year they backed themselves on the betting exchanges when the song was released as well to create a buzz and most years they trade jury points with quite a few other countries.Fans dont like hearing about cheating at ESC,but im afraid its been a part of things forever.It ebs and flows over time how severe,but its got really bad the last decade,mainly because the EBU itself has been corrupt and very similar to FIFA with the same problems.I think things might start to improve going forward as the old guard at the EBU retires etc,lets hope so.
It should be added though Malta arent alone,many countries trade jury points and buy views etc.There is also a thin line between whats cheating and not cheating.Malta and Azer go to each others countries to perform,do photoshoots together etc then at ESC give each other a 12 or a 10 more usually.Is that cheating?,or is it simply because they became friendly?
The worry this year is that it could be a very close run year,and a few corrupt juries might actually mean a country wins instead of been second.Most years the jury cheating is more around the semis where one big jury score from someone can mean top 10 or not.

I should add i think a big problem the last few years has been the juries arent acting like juries and are ignoring the things they are supposed to score on.Instead many have been voting like uber fans and that isnt their job.I dont think it has affected the winner so far,but again,in a maybe tight year it might this year.

Thank you, I‘ve been saying this for years because it’s plain obvious even without the math if you look at the correlation between betting odds and jury points the past decade ... so I won’t go further into it.
That’s a reason for me to reduce the power of juries.

I mean we all KNOW televotes can be faked too to a certain extent (as have been in the past like e.g. AZE) but not that much it can threw a whole contest upside down.
I don’t agree with the public once in while but I definitely don’t agree with the juries choices most of the time.

I know we need them and I don’t want to abolish them completely but the way it is now is crazy!

midnightsun

Veteran
And a word about Malta:

this country has been sending a lot of good stuff and some bad stuff. The problem why it doesn’t score better with the public is because they often send rip-offs of Swedish style music or copies of anything... who wants that? Even if they send something else... I really liked Firefly and voted for them but my taste is always so different from the public and in a way it was a dated style of music so I can SEE why it wasn’t very popular with the public.
While „Tomorrow“ received a good result because this kind of song was kinda on radio trend at the time; we had a bunch of them back then so I see why the public liked this although I really dislike it personally.

theditz83

Veteran
Wow this thread has turned into a bit of a depressing read...

Fact remains that Destiny and :mt: are my #1 this year and have been from the very first moment I heard the song. And it's got nothing to do with it being an odds favourite (I paid no attention to the odds till well after all songs were revealed) and I can also assure you that the Maltese delegation aren't lining my pockets with bribes... I simply believe that Destiny's song had the biggest and best initial impact and it continues to please me with every listen.

I do love how over-analytical the fandom can become when it comes to past contests and the results of certain countries and whether there is any truth to all of the analysis or not, let's not take away the talent and performance that we know Destiny will give us on the Rotterdam stage on 18th and (hopefully) 22nd of May cos it'll be fierce, spectacular and divine xheat

Remisan

I mean we all KNOW televotes can be faked too to a certain extent (as have been in the past like e.g. AZE)
Can you tell us more? I only remember that in some years the voices were lost, no confirmation came, but I thought it was a technical problem.

tararaaam

I mean, this is definitely an unpopular opinion, but given what the juries are supposed to take into consideration, "Soldi" very well could've/should've been lower as his vocals weren't that great and the staging was pretty poor. The song itself is dope, which is the trump card most fans of the song will play, but if we're supposed to take staging and vocals into consideration as jurors, then I know I would not rank Soldi as high as 4th lol
I think you are missing the point. There are many other examples of songs that were criminally underrated by juries, in the sake of “quality” or who-knows-what. Another good example is KEiiNO. Not the fantastic/perfect song, but certainly felt a bit more daring than Netherlands.
And to reverse that, was Toy or Fuego that perfect quality songs/singers, to get such high placement from juries? And let’s not even start talking about Sweden. I believe that, after all, the role of juries, is visibly to “smoothen up” the result, making it more close to what EBU expects and rewarding entries with huge marketing behind them.

Last edited:

Preuss

Well, if EBU and the juries are on par about making ESC more modern, following the mainstream pop music, then they surely succeed in doing so as this is (unsurprisingly) the direction Eurovision has gone. I mean, I get people's wishes about more "daring" entries and you-know-all-those-entries, but I'm so happy that ESC has become what it has become because I'd not be a fan if it was how it was in its older days. If we beat Duncan Laurence... god just no, that would be wrong - and just because we were daring? Nah, not really - surely more daring than the Netherlands perhaps but it wasn't a "daring" entry from us at all

tararaaam

Well, I guess that’s our difference, I think I prefer if the songs are a bit less “modern”, because sometimes it feels like they are also a bit tailor-made/plastic. I mean, if for example Switzerland wins, I will be personally quite dissapointed, because I think Eurovision should not be uber-kitsch, but also not take itself THAT seriously. Variety is needed, and I feel like the current voting system is killing it, rewarding foreign-bought songs, countries with the power to influence, a really specific understanding of what quality music is etc.
Yeah, Spirit in the Sky wasn’t groundbreaking, yet felt, together with Soldi, like a breeze of fresh air.

tkris

Wow this thread has turned into a bit of a depressing read
My comments and Analaysis have nothing to do with Destiny or the song. I'm shedding light on the broadcaster's deceit and asking them to be frowned upon. I highly doubt Destiny was involved in the game betting or view buying. Best of luck to her.
May she do a great performance.

But I wish the broadcaster to get a lesson for its cheating and hence it's important to not stay silent.

tkris

Y'all are completely crazy if you don't recognize how much the block and political voting have diminished since the 100% televoting 2000s era.
The thing is with the current method of Jury points reveal , we don't have enough time to dwell on it and the televote is not even shown .

But what I can see is strategic voting has definitely come to the forefront.

In 2017: Bulgaria , Portugal and Italy blanked each other in the Jury vote.

In 2018: Cyprus gave 0 points to Israel in the final after giving it 12 in the semi because they realised that the final is going to be Cyprus vs Israel.

Top Bottom