Сію-вію, сію-вію конопелечки
Сію-вію, сію-вію зеленесеньки

Гей розплетися, Шуме, розплетися,
Зеленим барвінком та й застелися
Сію-вію, сію-вію конопелечки
Сію-вію, сію-вію зеленесеньки​

Last edited by a moderator:

Lance Esgard

Last year I thought Ukraine was at risk of getting a result like Tulia got in 2019 (with the vocals having a similar style) but this year Ukraine is a lot more accessible and stands out in a very good way. Their televote alone should be strong enough to see them through to the final.

revallsay

Go_A - SHUM - Ukraine

Oh, I don't know where to start. This is a big no for me. it is hard for me to listen to it in full. First part is terrbile, her voice is weird, defenitely not something I enjoy. I like the instrumental parts, they're somehing nice. The last part is better than the first part, but I don't still like it.

1/12

Rob

Go_A - SHUM - Ukraine

Oh, I don't know where to start. This is a big no for me. it is hard for me to listen to it in full. First part is terrbile, her voice is weird, defenitely not something I enjoy. I like the instrumental parts, they're somehing nice. The last part is better than the first part, but I don't still like it.

1/12
You may have no idea of traditional elements from ukrainian ethno music. Thats sad...xpunish

Pål Nordahl

I think the juries are to worry about here, they loath anything particularly different, ethnic or/-and forward-thinking... while the entry tick all the boxes a Eurovision entry should do imho, it also ticks all the boxes of what juries dislike. Europe on the other hand will probably get behind this, at least for it to be top. 10 with the televoters in the semi.
Yeah, I think I have to agree with you. It's not bland, stereotypical jury friendly music which is why I love it. But I'm open to being pleasantly surprised on that. It's going to stand out in the semi - there's nothing else like it. So for the reason alone I think it will qualify.

Iker

Veteran
Yeah, I think I have to agree with you. It's not bland, stereotypical jury friendly music which is why I love it. But I'm open to being pleasantly surprised on that. It's going to stand out in the semi - there's nothing else like it. So for the reason alone I think it will qualify.
So did stand out Igranka years ago and it did NQ because of the juries.

hunty73

L

You really did bet on Ukraine that year?! Or are you joking?
I bet on ESC every year,and most years win a lot of money,Jamala year was superb though because insiders knew she hadnt won televote or jury after semis so pushed her price out to 25/1 just before the final and then got roasted when she won anyway.It gave the shrewd a chance to get on,usually the value goes after rehearsals,but there is a lot of insider cheating at ESC from people who know semi scores,to delegations trading points.For instance Malta,favs this year cheat most years trading jury points.

Iker

Veteran
I bet on ESC every year,and most years win a lot of money,Jamala year was superb though because insiders knew she hadnt won televote or jury after semis so pushed her price out to 25/1 just before the final and then got roasted when she won anyway.It gave the shrewd a chance to get on,usually the value goes after rehearsals,but there is a lot of insider cheating at ESC from people who know semi scores,to delegations trading points.For instance Malta,favs this year cheat most years trading jury points.
Ok. I never bet on anything btw. But I am sometimes tempted - mostly in sports.

Anyway ... with whom Malta trades jury points?

hunty73

Ok. I never bet on anything btw. But I am sometimes tempted - mostly in sports.

Anyway ... with whom Malta trades jury points?
Azer for starters.They are buying Youtube views this year as well,though they arent alone,many delegations do similar.There is lots of jury trading at ESC,its always gone on,but the EBU turn a blind eye to it because its not easy to pin down usually.I think it might start to get better going forward as the old guard are leaving and they were FIFA mark 2.

Lance Esgard

I find hunty73's posts fascinating. I admit I have greatly suspected that Serbia, for example, had done something shady on YouTube this year because to me the number of views they had was rather inexplicable. Serbia doesn't routinely get heaps of views like a nation like Russia does, nor are they either a hyped frontrunner or a controversial entry.

And in recent years it has been very apparent that at least some jurors know who the frontrunners are because the other frontrunners get fewer jury points even when the other entries selected would indicate an appreciation of the vocal/musical quality of such an entry.

innou

I find hunty73's posts fascinating. I admit I have greatly suspected that Serbia, for example, had done something shady on YouTube this year because to me the number of views they had was rather inexplicable. Serbia doesn't routinely get heaps of views like a nation like Russia does, nor are they either a hyped frontrunner or a controversial entry.

And in recent years it has been very apparent that at least some jurors know who the frontrunners are because the other frontrunners get fewer jury points even when the other entries selected would indicate an appreciation of the vocal/musical quality of such an entry.
If I were you I wouldn't use Serbia as an example, because Hurricane are indeed THAT big in their home country (and ex-YU in general, to a certain extent). I suggest you go check the views on other songs of theirs like Tuturutu, Favorito or Folir'o. Malta is a good example though.

Lance Esgard

If I were you I wouldn't use Serbia as an example, because Hurricane are indeed THAT big in their home country (and ex-YU in general, to a certain extent). I suggest you go check the views on other songs of theirs like Tuturutu, Favorito or Folir'o. Malta is a good example though.
I stand corrected. I did search for and find their YouTube channel following what you said and huh, I'm surprised i didn't come across any reaction vids that talked about how big Hurricane was when that was raised about Little Big. But I guess that's to do with those particular reaction videos being by people who also weren't aware of their popularity.

Rob

What do you think, how big is the chance that Ukraine will qualify for the final (don't look at the bookmaker's page) xthink

MAD20

Performing 15th with only Malta behind, I personally believe their chances are very high. It'll depend on the jury support though, because I'm sure there will be points coming from Eastern Europe neighbours televoting.

Top Bottom