Contact us

2021 Bold Predictions

Sabrewulf238

Not sure if this is really a bold prediction.....but there are so many uptempo "bop" songs this year I think a slower ballad song is going to win this year.

and a ballad winning previously isn't going to weigh on people as much as it might have otherwise because we had the gap year.

Alternatively I guess I could see a reality where people want something more uptempo or "cheerful" considering everything that's going on. I still think all the different bop songs are going to eat into each other somewhat.

tuorem

Lemme give it a try:

:cy: Elena shampoos her hair on stage while surrounded by giant props resembling Moroccan oil products. xheat
:md: Natalia can actually sing and holds the last note long after the song ends, only to be cut off by the next postcard. xheat
:at: "Amen" misses out on qualification by one point to the advantage of "Karma". xheat

heke1988

:lv: Instead of the Moon is rising, The Sun is rising.

heke1988

:sm: Televote will vote San Marino high, but jury will vote San Marino low.

crashworld

Veteran
Semi 1
:il:: Qualifies to the finals and ends up top 5 overall for the semi.
:nz::ru:: Fails to qualify.
:sl:: Qualifies to the finals with both jury support and televote.
:cy:: Barely scrape through the finals due to bombing with the jury but with the help of televote.
:mt:: Wins jury vote.
:lt:: Wins televote.

Semi 2

:md::rs::lv:: Fails to qualify because they cancel each other out.
:fi:: Barely scrapes through the final due to bombing with the jury but with the help of televote.
:pt:: Barely scrapes through the the final with jury support.
:ch:: Wins jury vote.
:sm:: Wins televote.

heke1988

Not sure anymore now that I found out I can't vote in the semi they're in. *puts back credit card*

You are really optimistic, I respect that;).

First Semifinal:

:lt:, :se:, :au:, :ie:, :no:, :cy:, :hr:, :ua:, :az: enter in the final

:mt: or:be: risk elimination

:se:, :az: or :ua: wins televote

:se:, :no: or :lt: wins jury vote

Second Semifinal:

:sm:, :md:, :rs:, :is:, :cz:, :bg:, :ch:, :fi:, :gr:, :lv: enter in the final

:is:, :bg: or :ch: wins televote

:is:, :bg: or :ch: wins jury vote

Final:

:it: in Top 10

:fr: wins ESC 2021

:va: will claim copyright :at: and :sl: for their song "Amen" and will sentence them to 10 Ave Maria and 10 Pater Nosterxpray

Lance Esgard

My Top Ten Half-Serious Double Bold Predictions

1. In a shocking result, Poland comes last in its semi-final, due to a disappointment of a live performance and as the Polish diaspora have to a considerable extent disowned this year's entry.

2. Uvu Suviste is indeed The Lucky One as Estonia becomes a borderline qualifier just on the right side of the qualification line.

3. One or more acts sing off-pitch or with the wrong timing and the result is very obvious and damaging as it is magnified by pre-recorded backing vocals which play the exact same way and cannot adapt in real-time.

4. During a semi-final show or the Grand Final, there is a pre-recorded or live interview with Flo Rida, as part of promoting the American Song Contest. Flo Rida either says he is seriously considering entering or declares 'I'll be there'.

5. The Australian delegation attempts to have their postcard filmed in Technicolour.
Their performance involves artistic use of camera filters and other visuals that sees their performance improve in a similar (but smaller) manner to Kate-Miller Heidke from 2019. Technicolour qualifies and ends up on the left-side on the scoreboard.

6. The Russian postcard features a surprise cameo by Little Big, who pose as they do at the start of Uno in a tiny house within another tiny house.

7. Moroccan Oil sponsors the performance of Cyprus, which has live product placement.

8. Due to a mix-up of notes, during an interview NikkiTutorials mixes up the two entries both called Amen. The artist interviewed finds the resulting interpretation deeply insightful and moving.

9. The ... folks ... that were first picked to represent Belarus refuse to change their lyrics or sing a different song despite Belarus declaring they will remain in the contest.

Belarus prefers to avoid recognising the existence of submissions which had far greater musical merit than what they picked. They announce the surprise replacement is Jedward, who agree to go because they see themselves as a clearly non-political choice (unlike the potential alternatives) and they wanted to return this year anyway.

10. Senhit continues her Freaky Trip to Rotterdam during the promotional period, culminating in Senhit Vision, where covers representing each of the current participating countries compete against each other in a digital duel. This is later widely viewed as playing a key role in San Marino winning the Eurovision Song Contest in 2021.

GermanBango

So now that we know all the songs I shall to this again.

Semi 1
Jury Top 3: :se: :mt: :sl:
Televoting Top 3: :lt: :ru: :ua:

:ie: finishes last with less than 10 points
:be: will be in the top 5 with the juries but outside the televoting top 10 - borderline qualifier
:au: same here
:ru: and :ua: will be the other way around - strong with the public, rather weak with the juries
:hr: or :no: will finish 11th in the Semi

Semi 2
Jury Top 3: :ch: :bg: :at:
Televoting Top 3: :is: :ch: :rs:

:ge: will be dead last
:dk: and :ee: will do well with the juries, not so much with the public. One of them will qualify.
:sm: will finish somewhere between 5th and 12th
:pt: comes closer to actually qualifying than a lot of people thought

Final
Top 5 in random order: :ch: :se: :is: :ro: :ru:
Bottom 5 in random order: :es: :uk: :de: :au: :gr:

:ch: will win
:uk: will be last
:de: won`t get a single point from the juries but 50+ from the public
:fr: will barely miss out of the bottom 5 finishing between 16th and 21st

Top Bottom