Ma sono fuori di testa, ma diverso da loro
E tu sei fuori di testa, ma diversa da loro
Siamo fuori di testa, ma diversi da loro
Siamo fuori di testa, ma diversi da loro

Noi siamo diversi da loro​

Last edited by a moderator:

Flamenkax

In the swimming pool, always stayin' cool
I can actually understand why people can be upset about Maneskin's winning and representing Italy at ESC (because they just confirmed).
Yeah it's a rock in a dirty, screamy, aggressive, noisy way, compared to Blind Channel who has a bit more pop-ish appeal. I can FULLY understand why some people can't take it. Some others will DIG it and will particularly appreciate that boldness.

But, hey, honestly... who thought Sanremo and Italy would bring such a rock bombshell at Eurovision like, one week ago ?
I can go further : who thought six months ago we could have TWO major rock bombshells at Eurovision, on two different styles ?
We need diversity in this contest, that's what exactly they are giving.
Also it will be a good "f*** you" to people thinking ESC (we can expand to Sanremo) is outdated or whatever.
And if you don't like this song, well idk... just blame the people who voted i guess ? xshrug

I personally don't have a SINGLE clue about how they'll be at Rotterdam.
But i'm quite sure they'll S L A Y and a lot of people will remember it.
Italy still never disappoints me.
Peace

astatine86

Got a question, a little off-topic, but not much.

Where can I see the Sanremo performance of Nessun Grado Di Separazione? Can't find it anywhere on YouTube.

BernadetteCydonia

I feel like the essays are more well handed by this forum than .net, because well, I've just seen @H.P. Lovecraft do theirs and I really wanna say a LOT about Sanremo myself, from a foreign perspective.

But I'll try to keep it as brief as I could.

• Måneskin is obviously a banging winner. It actually reminds me of when AWS won in 2018 - I've obviously had a different winner of the year, but they have had their own drawbacks - Leander Kills couldn't decide which genre lane they should stick with, while Italy would have not even considered to come close to make a song that criticizes Italian media to a degree win their most prestigious yearly musical event. So they did not make their respective superfinals, but my second favourites - AWS and Måneskin - did, and both entries plug in the amp and go wild with their performances. Glad to see that those songs ended up winning their respective NFs in the end.
• Francesca wouldn't have gone this far if not for Fedez's televote army aiding him and her. Period. Though I've only expected Ermal Meta to come 2nd because I feel like he has had some fans, but now that I think about it, he was pitted against televote beasts, so no chance in hell he would've survived this at all lol.
• Irama coming 5th without appearing in a single Sanremo live event, when will your fave?
• Expected result for Willie Peyote, of very course Italy wasn't ready to have a song like his win Sanremo because of reasons I mentioned above when discussing Måneskin, but I'd have lied to you if I didn't say that it hurt a little. Televote really dragged him down a wee bit... but hey, Mia Martini Critics Award is apparently even more so important of an award in Sanremo as the Golden Lion, so maybe in the end he won some, he lost some. Lol. Catch me still bopping to Mai dire mai (la locura) some few weeks after Sanremo because I need some time from this song after replaying it like crazy during the last night of Sanremo lmao.
• After the massive squander of their future potential to a degree, I might as well not be surprised if I never see AIELLO, Random and Fasma in Sanremo ever again
• I can't believe I let my feelings get to me when deciding what to root for prior Sanremo... shows that I know a little too little based on just one song that I heard. I felt extremely deceived by Bugo - I didn't want to give Morgan too much credit on Sincero's good sounding everything, but I guess I have to... Ghemon was an equal disappointment but I later learned to let Momento perfetto live, because it's still sometimes a bop imo. But I still find his 2019 entry miles better, lols.

I always enjoy Sanremo very much because it is so different organized than other NF's (I know Sanremo is not a NF). And you can always find new artists that you get interested in. :)
There are always haters ... not only in this thread, but also in others (see Germany :ROFLMAO:). It depends on the character of an user HOW you react. If you don't like a song, I can perfectly understand it, but it is the way HOW you react. Just hating all over it makes no sense. Then just better stay away from a thread. That's what I do when I really don't like an entry at all. So in this sense I am with Jendrik: I don't feel hate, I just feel sorry (for you). In the meanwhile I have a crocodile skin when it comes to haters. I rather laugh about it because it shows their childish behaviour. :)
Anyway, I would have been also completely fine if Irama or Ermal had won. Both had fantastic songs to offer. But I am trul glad that Maneskin won - and I would have never thought it possible. Bless you, Italy! xlove And good luck to Maneskin in May!!!
Mauve, I like to open debates. You can say it better than others, I have often criticized some Italian singers. However, motivated criticism is one thing and criticism without content is another.

I don't understand the hatred of Jendrik. I'm honest, I think the German singer was very brave and besides, the music is cheerful and catchy.

I let criticism slip on me or I wear my armor but ... I also love to "dismantle" these people with such thoughtful speeches that they do not know what to answer but further demonstrate their paucity made up of insults and disconnected thoughts.

I am not saying that the Maneskin must be in the "Top 10" of every Eurofan, it is normal to have different tastes, but it is precisely the strange system of voting and criticism of some that makes me wonder if there is good faith. When I hear from AshleyWright that she appreciates Blind Channel I accept it but ... if you give Finland 8 for example, I expect at least a 3 or a 4 from Italy. If instead you give a "furious 0" and criticize the song which is much more "British" and close to its Blind Channel culture. I smile there. I repeat, for me the Blind Channel, "Rock Battle" aside, deserve my :12: points. I will never play strategy.

I thank you for the love you have for our Festival. I believe that all European music festivals are beautiful and I don't think ours is the best. I only invite other nations, to increase competition, not to think of their festivals as access to the ESC but they should give it more importance and value. So the music would be stronger.

I hope that the best song will win and that we will all have fun. Just this. Okay ... I hope the Maneskins reach the "Top 10" xmetal:lol:

Got a question, a little off-topic, but not much.

Where can I see the Sanremo performance of Nessun Grado Di Separazione? Can't find it anywhere on YouTube.

I found this live show xlove

BernadetteCydonia

Willie Peyote: I'm not surprised at Willie Peyote's elimination; the sound was excellent but the topics dealt with concerned our society (even if we are all the same in this world). I add that "Mai dire mai (La Locura)" would have been approached by the Eurofan, a little summarily, to "Occidentale's Karma" and with time, the captivating sounds vanish from the listener's heart.
Feels like it comes through with the same dilemma of people liking it because of the beat. At first that was me, and later it took me to even realize it mentions the freaking Bugo-Morgan incident, and then later I translated the lyrics because I would have died if not knowing the context for which Spotify was mentioned lmao (but a lot of current Italian songs probably love spicing their song up with pop culture references that are easy to understand for someone outside Italy maybe).

But unlike Occidentali's Karma. Had he won, he'd've probably refused Eurovision (because can you imagine something lyrically Italian and for Italy coming across as marketable in Eurovision???), leaving RAI to scramble for a few days to choose something entirely different, and in that case, Måneskin would then have 1/25 chance of being chosen, but never 0. So saves the heartbreak to a degree.

Morpheus

I wake up to THIS? *flips table*

Irama was perfect, it would have been my FIRST 12 points of the season. I mean Måneskin is great, but I don't love them like I loved Irama.

2021 is SO not my year. All I feel is irritation towards every new entry revealed. *flips another table*

I feel like the essays are more well handed by this forum than .net, because well, I've just seen @H.P. Lovecraft do theirs and I really wanna say a LOT about Sanremo myself, from a foreign perspective.

But I'll try to keep it as brief as I could.

• Måneskin is obviously a banging winner. It actually reminds me of when AWS won in 2018 - I've obviously had a different winner of the year, but they have had their own drawbacks - Leander Kills couldn't decide which genre lane they should stick with, while Italy would have not even considered to come close to make a song that criticizes Italian media to a degree win their most prestigious yearly musical event. So they did not make their respective superfinals, but my second favourites - AWS and Måneskin - did, and both entries plug in the amp and go wild with their performances. Glad to see that those songs ended up winning their respective NFs in the end.
• Francesca wouldn't have gone this far if not for Fedez's televote army aiding him and her. Period. Though I've only expected Ermal Meta to come 2nd because I feel like he has had some fans, but now that I think about it, he was pitted against televote beasts, so no chance in hell he would've survived this at all lol.
• Irama coming 5th without appearing in a single Sanremo live event, when will your fave?
• Expected result for Willie Peyote, of very course Italy wasn't ready to have a song like his win Sanremo because of reasons I mentioned above when discussing Måneskin, but I'd have lied to you if I didn't say that it hurt a little. Televote really dragged him down a wee bit... but hey, Mia Martini Critics Award is apparently even more so important of an award in Sanremo as the Golden Lion, so maybe in the end he won some, he lost some. Lol. Catch me still bopping to Mai dire mai (la locura) some few weeks after Sanremo because I need some time from this song after replaying it like crazy during the last night of Sanremo lmao.
• After the massive squander of their future potential to a degree, I might as well not be surprised if I never see AIELLO, Random and Fasma in Sanremo ever again
• I can't believe I let my feelings get to me when deciding what to root for prior Sanremo... shows that I know a little too little based on just one song that I heard. I felt extremely deceived by Bugo - I didn't want to give Morgan too much credit on Sincero's good sounding everything, but I guess I have to... Ghemon was an equal disappointment but I later learned to let Momento perfetto live, because it's still sometimes a bop imo. But I still find his 2019 entry miles better, lols.
In June 2020, AWS frontman Örs Siklósi was diagnosed with leukemia, which will lead to his death on the night of February 5-6, 2021, at the age of 29. did you know that? xcry

That said, the alternative rock of AWS and Maneskin have some differences. The AWS are pure energy while the Maneskins are more "dirty". They are both great bands but not very similar to each other.

I appreciate your analysis. I really enjoyed reading it xheart Anyway, we managed to surprise you. Rock won in Sanremo! xmetal:lol:

nudiecrudi

Good for you, I simply don´t like this kind of music, and the lead singer should really work on his breath technique, he sounds like he´s loosing his voice.
Seems you're a vocal coatch
It would be very helpful for us if you could enlight with some explanations how Damianos voice changes registers, goes up and down easily, rapping rocking long verses, moving all around the scene.
Please tell us.

ESC94

Seems you're a vocal coatch
It would be very helpful for us if you could enlight with some explanations how Damianos voice changes registers, goes up and down easily, rapping rocking long verses, moving all around the scene.
Please tell us.

I never said I`m a vocal coach, I just don´t think his kind of singing very pleasant for my ears.

Maybe I should have phrased it better, but that´s at least my opinion. Feel free to have a different stance though.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
THANK FUCK ERMAL LOST. nothing against meta, but his song was merely a bare step above Fai Ru*SNORE* terms of entertainment and his fans would have been unbearable if he had won. Another victory of the yesterday's "Crisis Aversion Saturday".

Francesca and Fedez finishing second with the SanRemoese version of "Hold You" by Hanna Ferm and LIAMOO. Instantly Iconic. xheart

Now Måneskin. I like their song, it's raw and unapolegetic which I think are amazing qualities in rock music. I do think the live rendition is a bit too jarring for my tastes (that electric guitar is SUCH a pain at certain junctures), so I'm not blown away with it. However, the instrumentation in San Remo is live, while in Eurovision it never is.The studio version is much more pleasant on the ears and that's the instrumentation we'll hear in Rotterdam.

So I'll hand over a generous :7: to Italy and congratulate them for avoiding the boring ballad trap this year. Gj, everyone.

nudiecrudi

I never said I`m a vocal coach, I just don´t think his kind of singing very pleasant for my ears.

Maybe I should have phrased it better, but that´s at least my opinion. Feel free to have a different stance though.
Respectable opinion. Absolutely agree with you about diversity of opinions.
I just expressed my doubts about what you said regarding Damianos singing skills.
During their X Factor experience he sung many covers and his voice has been always on point, even singing different genres.

Top Bottom