Contact us

TYBALTEVA 🗝️ NSC 224 🗝️ Olivia Ruiz - La Réplique

Uto

Veteran
hwp6.png

tuorem

Chronicles of a Tybaltevan's life (n°1)

Good evening everyone, I hope the start of 2021 has been nice to you guys so far. I had not planned to post again so soon after the flag change and the whole shabang around it, but since I had a few ideas in mind to keep adding depth to my nation (while introducing myself in the process), I thought why not opt for a more personal format? Basically, I propose you to come into my world and get to know me and Tybalteva better through accounts of my life as a citizen, so that by the time we make it to the roster (the next century or so), all the elemental background information will be out. It might or might not become a recurrent thing. We'll see.

Not everything is dramatic in Tybalteva - far from it actually - but I'll start with the elephant in the room.

Oh well, I hoped the news would leak as late as possible, but since it did now I might as well post it here. What a great way of starting the new year... Here I am in the media spotlight again.

6GQiEzG.png

Mr. James Knox, lawyer of king Archibald Aedan of Tybalteva (statement broadcast on TYBC 1; Monday 11, 2021)

"His Majesty has not planned to take the floor on the matter, nor does he want to address all the rumours circulating at the moment. Private concerns should remain what they are - private - and be dealt with accordingly. You can rest assured His Majesty remains focused on making Tybalteva a place his subjects will be increasingly proud of tomorrow. I quote him: 'Since I succeeded my father in 2006, I swore to lead the nation and serve the Tybaltevan people alongside the elected government. That oath will withstand the passing of time, for I refuse to let anyone or anything jeopardise my actions, my ideals, my unwavering determination. My duty comes first - always - the rest is of trifling importance. Long live Tybalteva.' End quote. Unless decided otherwise, there will be no further comments on the ongoing procedures on our behalf. Now please excuse me, I have a lot of work to do. Thank you."

Mr. Joseph Gonzales, lawyer of royal consort Tuorem Aedan of Tybalteva (statement broadcast on TYBC 1; Monday 11, 2021)

"Formal complaints for invasion of privacy have been lodged following the unfortunate leak that occurred today, so we will get to the bottom of things to determine who caused harm to the parties involved in this case. As you might expect, my client will not talk to the journalists as he does not owe them explanations. Regardless of their statuses in society, when two people no longer are on the same wavelength, they may decide to go their separate ways: nothing you don't already know. Is it their right not to have the details of the legal process dissected in the public arena? Absolutely, so I would exhort all to respect the parties involved throughout this transitional period. I am not entitled to say much more about it, yet if my client wanted to express himself in order to protect his dignity or reputation, he would do so in strict accordance with Tybaltevan law and in the best interests of both parties. Thank you."

Yep guys, it's happening! Living like a prince (literally) is a thing of the past. I packed my bags and left the Royal Castle for good on 1 January, needless to say New Year's Eve was not idyllic. I could not stay in Gatineau either because there is just too many memories in the air for me there, and I was homeless anyway. I stayed at an inn the first night, while my chilhood friend drove all the way to the capital to pick me up. I have been confiding in her a lot, so she agreed to accommodate me without the slightest hesitation in her small apartment in Joekeong, in the eastern part of Tybalteva. Joekeong is the economic hub of the country, I have visited it several times but never lived there before: it is so different from Gatineau! All built with steel, glass and concrete! I will probably miss my half-timbered houses at some point...

I called my superior at TYBC 1 and asked him if there was a way to transfer me to Joekeong, which meant leaving the channel and saying goodbye to my head of delegation's hat. He seemed genuinely saddened by my request - we were getting along with each other well since I started working for WLSC - but he did not make any trouble. So now, I am officially working behind the scenes for TYBC 2 as a music journalist. I am part of the team that picks and writes subjects for "Dàèq Lo Wuj" (Turn Up The Sound): a weekly talk-show about music broadcast every thursday evening. The good thing is that I can work from home four days per week, which allows me to manage my time between professional duties and legal procedures.

Concurrently, I am looking for either a studio or a one-bedroom apartment for rent in Joekeong. The hypercentre is way beyond my means, so I am willing to move in in a suburb, as long as there is a subway station nearby. In these difficult times, I will need all the help I can get. If you hear of any opportunity you think might be of interest to me, you can either PM me or send me a letter at my current address:

For your information, my budget is limited: I don't earn millions and I have to make sure my lawyer's fees are covered. Thank you in advance.

P.S.: a brand new wiki article about our capital Gatineau is available HERE. It is nowhere near as exhaustive as the insanely-detailed one about Kralingslæting, but at least it offers a glimpse of what it is like.

To be continued...

tuorem

@randajad As always, thank you for your nice words. :) I just did not have the faith to make better content about Gatineau. You are unbeatable. xheat

As for the King, well, he will soon be back "on the market", and so will I. :LOL: If the Griffin royal family has a single guy in their hands, they might as well try their luck.

I expect the procedure to last several months though: he was the one to bring divorce up during an argument, but little did he know I would take it at his word and make the first move. Now he probably feels humiliated as a king, so I can already tell he will drag the whole thing out in retaliation for the sake of annoying me, especially as I don't ask for any compensation.

By the way, I received your letter of support today. xheart Thank you for the real estate opportunities you sent me, I'll look into them ;)

tuorem

Chronicles of a Tybaltevan's life (n°2)

Hi guys, long time no see. xwave After leaving you in a rather unpleasant place last month, I thought it was time to give you an update.

I am doing okay (I hope you do too!), still trying to find my bearings in a whole new environment while slowly regaining my freedom. Three weeks ago, I left my best friend's apartment for a furbished studio - in south Joekeong - I can call home (thanks to the classified ads @randajad sent me xheart), which is a relief. I am six subway stations away from the city center - which is not bad at all - and the amenities in the neighbourhood are quite decent tbh. While I am glad to be fully independent again - and since I mainly telework - I do feel particularly lonely during the day...

yH7Z4oS.png

My new little cosy home... on the fifteenth floor!

Since I did not want the blues to negatively influence my work, I decided to work from "Lilac Latte" - a coffeehouse in downtown Joekeong - three days a week. I admit working to background jazz music and seeing a bit of activity around me is nice. The employees recognise me already, for I always order the same hot drinks. They are respectful enough not to bother me with prying questions, which is a true luxury for an "accidentally known" face like me.

OkDDF8B.jpg

"Lilac Latte", where I spend my time working three days a week.

On my second day there, the café turned out to be quite busy in the afternoon. A tall man - seemingly a businessman - came closer to me and asked me if he could share my table because he had to charge up his laptop. I didn't mind. We made small talk during short breaks from our respective works, until I returned home early in the evening. Fun fact: I saw him the following week and greeted him, which probably incited him to join me again at my table. The man seemed rather funny I must say, as he managed to put a smile on my gloomy face a few times, and yet at the same time he looked a bit stiff in a troubling way. Odd.

I found out he liked to spend time at that coffeehouse on Tuesdays, as a result we see each other weekly from now on. Last week, he asked me if I was available on Friday evening and offered to show me around the city a bit. As a shrinking violet, I should have said no, but he was so affable I said yes and did not regret it. We walked along the bustling Violet Avenue, ate dinner at Burgangster (the famous high-end Tybaltevan fast-food restaurant chain that serves dishes from organic farming), crossed the neon floating bridge to the gorgeous Floral Park, strolled in the residential neighbourhood of Palaèdiga and ended up at the Pleistaks Ghlùm funfair ("Sparkly Things" funfair). How fun to fall back into chilhood! The big kid that I am even came home with a tiny green teddy bear, don't judge me! :giggle::LOL:

zjRG9hE.jpg

People who don't like teddy bears don't have a heart. Period.

On an unrelated note, last saturday I watched a very interesting documentary on TYBC 2 about the mafia present in Tybalteva. While I knew very little about it, some weird thoughts crept up on my mind and my paranoid self randomly started wondering if my coffeehouse acquaintance could be part of that...

I mean, I may be overthinking things and seeing signs where there aren't any, but I could almost swear I glimpsed a dubious tattoo on his wrist (resembling the one shown on TV); we had dinner at Burgangster, that is apparently suspected of being owned by one of the clans; and last but not least, he won a freaking game console at the shooting gallery on his first attempt while we were at the funfair... :unsure:

I must be blowing trifles out of proportion. The thing is I cannot envision myself asking him very casually "hey, are you a mobster or something?" for reassurance. I will keep you posted if I get to know more about him.

In the meantime, if you are curious about the Tyuzukang - aka the Tybaltevan mafia - check my fresh-out-of-the-oven wiki article out HERE. Yeah, all that storytelling to introduce a new wiki page. I am doing the absolute most.

To be continued...

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
I legit thought that was your new apartment in real life for longer than I want to admit. Such a lovely little place.

This is some 🔥 fanfic right here, Gaelle is gonna be raging. xheat Not you accidentally making the 'acquaintance' ;) with some mafia gang leader. Girl he gonna be bad for you, he gonna turn your life upside down and you're gonna trade in that apartment for a heavily guarded mansion.

tenor.gif

edit: Oof your gang problem is international. Good job Solentoya isn't on that list, I would have had a whole shocked "in front of my salad?!" moment.

Last edited:

tuorem

This is some 🔥 fanfic right here, Gaelle is gonna be raging. xheat Not you accidentally making the 'acquaintance' ;) with some mafia gang leader. Girl he gonna be bad for you, he gonna turn your life upside down and you're gonna trade in that apartment for a heavily guarded mansion.
I admit the idea that Gaëlle might like the intent behind it crossed my mind :LOL: When this thread eventually becomes a must-read in forty years or so, I will consider engaging in fanservice. xqueenbitch

I am so sorry for deceiving you about the apartment, that looks like an enticing place to live in indeed. :) Hope you still enjoyed the rambling from the lifestyle blogger than I am not.

I generally don't know what I am doing, but I knew better than to add immaculate Solentoya to the nations plagued with our mafia. I would have been very saddened to find out you could not enjoy your salad break in peace. :mrgreen: Some lines should not be crossed.

Indeed, this is a beautiful scenario. A nice innocent man meeting his future boyfriend in a coffee shop who then turns out to be mafia leader xblush
It is easier to see through than an Asian drama story, right? Merci for calling me "nice" and "innocent" though. :giggle: I hope I live up to those standards every day.
It was originally meant to introduce the wiki article only, but now I might feel encouraged to continue the story later xpokerface

The concept of transitioning from Letizia of Spain's royal lifestyle realness to Lana Del Rey's romanticised bad boy fantasy sounds quite sexy. :mrgreen: Thank you for the tips and feedbacks guys. It's very appreciated.

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Thibaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaauuuuuuuuuuuuud what a day for you xlove
Now I know who to send in a few editions and hope for you to get drawn into my semi xheat

tuorem

6814e150fa47b2993fe5f651c49f6da1_w200.gif

What? Who? When? How?

Is this real? When I thought my body was ready throughout 2020 and now I realise it occurs when I least expected it! :cry:

Oh my! The schedule I had planned is upside down. I need to hurry up and wrap up the basics of my narrative before my debut! Expect three more chronicles this week then! :oops:

While I am indeed glad that Tybalteva will finally become a nation in its own right, I cannot help but think of my fellow Waiting Listers who are still waiting for a spot... I know the struggle is real, especially if - like me - patience and dedication are not your forte. Fingers crossed so that your waiting comes to an end as soon as possible. Mine lasted a year and two months. Hold steady!

Three more chronicles to go before we get to the steamy bits then. Malena Ernman and Kamandé are shaking, cause we coming for they neck. :p The countdown has begun.

Uto

Veteran
While I am indeed glad that Tybalteva will finally become a nation in its own right, I cannot help but think of my fellow Waiting Listers who are still waiting for a spot... I know the struggle is real, especially if - like me - patience and dedication are not your forte. Fingers crossed so that your waiting comes to an end as soon as possible.

One way to help us while we suffer is to have us watch you soar. Give em heaven, give em hell, give em all. Godspeed.

theCONWEL

WorldVision & OM Mod
Staff member
Yassss welcome to the main roster Tybalteva!! xcheer xcheer so happy for you :mrgreen:

tuorem

Chronicles of a Tybaltevan's life (n°3)

Hi guys, I am back with another block of text to put out. It originally was meant to be posted mid-March, but time is ticking and the foundations of my narrative require a few more chronicles. Since the main purpose of these is to flesh my nation's lore out while entertaining and educating whoever checks this thread, I thought now was as good a time as any to switch angles and talk about me specifically: I have no inclination to narcissism, but since my ex-fellow heads of delegation know so little about me, I thought it would be useful to have a moment to introduce myself, my story. For readability purposes, I will present a few key relatives of mine tonight, and then I will share my "biography" in the next chronicle.

First things first. My full name is Thibaud Valkyr, I go by the nickname of "Tuorem" among my colleagues whereas my closest friends call me either Thib (the abbreviation of my first name) or Titi (the french name of Tweety Bird, due to our similar silhouettes and my obsession for yellow clothes).

I was born in 1990 during summer (shout-out to all my fellow Leos!) in Gatineau, the capital of Tybalteva, while my parents were on holiday there. To this day, I understandably remain one of their most precious souvenirs.

Since Tybalteva is a multiethnic nation, Tybaltevan language has four words to refer to someone depending on their origins:

-"Pàtamor" means "foreigner" and refers to someone of foreign origins, whether they were born abroad or on national territory;
-"Partinf" refers to mixed-raced people who have a Tybaltevan parent and a foreign one;
-"Palcis" refers to mixed-raced people whose parents are Tybaltevan but have different ethnic backgrounds;
-"Palchàèst" refers to people who have Tybaltevan parents of the same ethnicity.

I had to explain that because I am a palcis: both my parents are Tybaltevan, yet they are ethnically different, which is why I am considered mixed-race without having foreign origins in light of Tybaltevan law. Ethnic groups who were living on the territory during the birth of the nation were considered "ethnic" Tybaltevans while retaining their administrative specificities compared to each other. I hope our cultural subtleties are not too confusing to grasp.

OH FATHER...​

My dad comes from a family of sailors whose most distant ancestor we were able to identify is believed to have come from the kingdom of Tridenter (supposedly located in Northern Galea) and worked on one of the ships of the royal guard when Arthur Aedan travelled to the continent in order to conquer unclaimed territories. Our family name - "Valkyr" - is the product of two Tridenterian words: "Val" means knight and "Kyr" means "hallucination". There have been stories about Tridenterian knights versed in the occult, including one called "knight of hallucinations", but it's impossible to say whether these are pure coincidences or not.

Funfact: when my grandfather retired, he started diving into occultism and opened a shop of arcane artefacts and books in Lonxières, the village where he currently lives. He taught me how to read tarot when I was a teenager and always gifts me a little item whenever I visit him. He is such a lovely, quirky and open-minded granddad, I love him.

kJAQu5y.jpg

"The dragons gallery", my granddad's shop in Lonxières, Tybalteva.

My father, however, is his complete opposite: we are awkward with each other. First of all, the sailor career from father to son ended when he found out he was seasick... He has been a jack-of-all-trades professionally-speaking, until he worked at the administrative department of the Lonxières town hall. He retired 15 years ago and now spends his time reading and painting in his country house in Lonxières, he is much more cultivated than I could ever be.

OH MOTHER...
My mother comes from a family of merchants; all family records were lost, so we can only assume that - prior to Tybalteva - our ancestors originated from the Eastern part of the continent, maybe from the region of Dasideal.

She is from Menhir-Dong, a city that straddles the Tybaltevan states of Archeviers and Tàesegu, and worked as a trucker. As she was away most of the time, my godmother took good care of me, and I ended up enjoying stronger ties with the latter.

My mum retired 10 years ago. Now she lives with her new partner in Valamaia, Solentoya, so I seldom see her.

9ELCnfH.jpg

Menhir-Dong, the city where I grew up.

OH BROTHER...​

I do have a brother, Nathanaël, who is two years younger than me. I had a chaotic relationship with him since he decided he could not stand me anymore one sweet day when he was 13.

You probably remember the stories parents tell when their children ask where babies come from, right? Like newborns miraculously appearing in cabbages or storks delivering them to people's doors? Here we have a specific Tybaltevan tale used in such instance: "the five maids of the forest".

According to the tale, "five maids were working at a castle for a minor Tybaltevan seigneur. One day, they were accused of witchery by the seigneur's daughter and thus were sentenced to death. While they were sent to the stake set up in the nearby village, the villagers - who were suffering from starvation because they did not have enough able men to work in the fields - spontaneously revolted and defended the maids who were just as destitute as them. The maids managed to flee in the surrounding forests and the villagers, who wanted to help them, built them a wooden house there. To repay this goodness, the maids invited every woman in the village to visit them one after the other. A woman would knock on the door, enter the house, sit down on a chair next to the stone fireplace and watch the maids cook. They were making a dough using special ingredients, kneading it to make it look like a human form, and then baking it next to the fire. As the dough was hardening, it was turning to skin and soon enough, a baby was coming alive. The female villagers raised the babies, who then grew up to become strong men. With more hands available, the families earned more money than ever before and the villagers' lives changed dramatically for better in one generation."

So when I asked where I came from, my mother told me Ange mixed white flour, milk and a pinch of brown sugar to make my skin; Angèle melted dark chocolate and made hard threads out of it for my hair; Angela put two teaspoons of cocoa powder into my eyes; then Angelina shaped me according to her desire; and finally, Angelica put me next to the fire and waited until I started crying.

All of that to tell you that - after eleven years of being on bad terms with my brother - I eventually found out he did not like his looks and was actually envious of mine. Contrary to me, he has a skin of dark chocolate, eyes and hair of liquorice, and a different mould was used to shape him. In other words, we do not look alike.

It took a lot of time and talking to get him to understand I never felt superior to him in any way, let alone felt beautiful to begin with. As we say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. We reconnected to each other in 2013, and since then we have built a precious yet fragile affinity, even if we think we have wasted so much time due to a stupid misunderstanding.

He currently lives in Màgarti, in Southern Tybalteva. I wish I could see him more often.

That's it for tonight guys! Thank you for reading! The second part of the biography, dealing with my childhood up until now, will be ready on Thursday. The third one will be about another subject matter, I will post it on Saturday. ;)

On an unrelated note, I had to remove the key emojis from the thread title, for they do not display anymore on my screen and it irks me! So I replaced them with a trident emoji: it is sadly not related to our flag anymore, but it could still be linked to our history via the Kingdom of Tridenter, which I have talked about several times now. :)

To be continued...

Last edited:

tuorem

Chronicles of a Tybaltevan's life (n°4)

Good evening guys, I am back with the part two of my presentation. Now that I have introduced my main family members and "set the scene", I will simply go through some events that punctuated my existence, from my childhood to now. Despite the current divorce process going on, I will not skip my meeting with the King, for it remains one of the most striking features of my story.

Let's start, shall we? :)

CHILDHOOD​

Like I said, I was born in Gatineau, but did not live there until later on. I actually grew up in Menhir-Dong with my mother and my godmother (my parents separated when I was two years old, after the birth of my brother). I would say I had a conventional childhood with both happy and sad times. I missed having a family with parents present on a daily basis, but my godmother made up for it, no question. I was a shy and studious pupil at school I must say, unlike my brother who did as he pleased for the most part: maybe another reason why he would start hating me when growing up.

We would spend the summer holidays at my father's country house. Nathanaël would literally live outside, doing all kinds of things in the garden, while I would mainly stay indoors and play with my granddad's tarot cards.

During our teenage years, my brother and I fueled a "cold-war-like" relationship and ceased to do things together. I also distanced myself from my mother since her irritability increased over the years due to her gruelling job. After secondary school, I left Menhir-Dong for Gatineau to follow journalism studies and graduated from the university.

UonlAwe.jpg

The only window of my room when I studied in Gatineau. It was very cramped!

LIFE CHANGES​

After a couple years of hard work and living in an attic room for students in Gatineau, I was very lucky to be hired by the Tybaltevan channel TYBC 1 as a music journalist in the daily show "What's Hot?". I should not say that but, while I was happy to do something I enjoyed, Stella Tanvers - the famous show host - put me through the wringer. She had it all - intelligence, determination, beauty, fame, influence - and yet for some reason she enjoyed acting like a b*tch with my fellow speakers and I on the set. Since she was one of the leading TV presenters of the channel, no one was in a position of strength to contest.

In 2011, the monumental restoration of the Golden Hall of Gatineau - an illustrious concert venue - came to an end and the Crown asked for an exclusive live interview on TYBC 1 to celebrate the reopening of the building. Stella, who naturally was chosen for the job, bragged about it non-stop off-camera for weeks. She probably was planning to show up with a plunging neckline the day in question in order to force the hand of destiny. By a twist of fate, it turned out she fell sick two days before the interview and I got a panicked call from my superior in the middle of the night to replace her at the last minute... Needless to say my poor shy little self, that had very little experience with interviews, just wanted to die at that very moment.

During the following 24 hours, I worked like never before, until exhaustion. The D-day was surreal: I arrived so tense and tired at the Golden Hall that the make-up artist thought my zombie-like face had partied all night. The Hall was magnificent, but I couldn't care less. The interview was to take place there and the setting - two ancient armchairs placed face to face next to a very large window on a formal garden - was not helping at all.

The King arrived, saluted me, sat down on the armchair facing mine, and I really thought I would either stay paralysed or dissolve. I was shaking so much my teeth were chattering, my throat was desert-dry and my eyes watered like crazy I could barely decipher my cheat sheets... I don't know how I managed to survive these 45 minutes of interview, but I do remember I slept about 12 hours the following night.

Next monday, when arriving on the set of "What's hot?", I saw a stunning bouquet of white flowers on the table. I thought it was addressed to Stella since she often received some from both guests and random admirers, but the way she glared at me that day incited me to look at the card attached to the bouquet. There was a handwritten note saying: "Congratulations on your very first interview Mr. Valkyr. I was pleased to talk with you. Archibald Aedan of Tybalteva"... I thought I got catapulted in a parallel universe, really. When I brought the flowers back home, I noticed the card was folded, so I unfolded it and saw the words "So very pleased..." followed by a phone number inside. I kept it for a couple of weeks, until I thought maybe it would be more courteous to call the number and let whoever its owner was know I was grateful for the King's attention.

I called the number and I'm sure you can guess who answered. He invited me to attend an official event, then a much less official one. We met again, and again... and again. You can put two and two together: we started dating secretly until we officially married in 2014 at the Grand Cathedral of Gatineau. Again - for a commoner like me - that was surreal beyond words, for it was celebrated with great pomp and circumstance. The hordes of journalists and people who came to witness it all scared the heck out of me, it was all too much and yet I managed to hide a panic attack and survive the ceremony. My whole family was there, including members that never cared about me whatsoever and that I had not seen in ages. I really wonder why...

All of the media exposure forced me to quit my job at TYBC 1 and leave my attic room for the royal castle. I really FELT the change, let me tell you! As a prince consort, I could not have a job that would put me too much in the spotlight, so whenever the King was busy I dived into my hobbies: music, tarot reading, writing... Despite the harsh restrictions, I still spent some wonderful times there, I have to be honest.

5FOwMKf.jpg

The Gatineau Royal Castle, where I lived for seven years.

In 2017, my godmother passed away after fighting cancer for a year and a half. My world crumbled and to this day, I am still devastated by that event because she was the one who understood me the most... My parents are alive, but I feel like I lost them because she was the one who embodied them, and it is very strange feeling to feel. I will miss her forever.

In December 2019, I received a letter from the TYBC's director of content offering me a position as head of delegation due to the upcoming debut of Tybalteva in WLSC. After careful consideration and the assurance I could partly work from the castle, I accepted because it was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity and I could finally enjoy a true full schedule.

I really liked working on our participations with an understanding superior and cool colleagues. It seemed like our hard work paid off as we managed to invite known acts, secure satisfying viewing rates, win the contest and even organise it once, although it was a kiss of death in disguise.

With all the political stuff that ensued with Kamandé provoking us and the NBU taking our broadcasting rights away, we had to withdraw, I lost my job: you know the deal. It was a particularly tough time for me since I was not doing well either on a personal level.

In January 2021, the news that the King and I would go our separate ways leaked, the rest you already know. I am hopeful that I will revert to my family name - Valkyr - by next summer.

That's it! That's pretty much what I could tell you about me as of now. I believe a sort of biography to understand where I come and what I have been through was needed. Thank you for reading! :giggle: Stay tuned for the third and last (at least for a while) chronicle to be posted on Saturday evening. It's going to be the most appropriate transition from the storytelling-based posts you've seen to the more standard messages one might expect from a NSC nation that debuts.

I still have a bunch of surprises for you coming shortly. ;)

Last edited:

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
OMG Thibaud you superstar ! Who would have thought you married the King :eek: This community is so elite I swear xheat

It's even better for my fanfic

tuorem

Chronicles of a Tybaltevan's life (n°5)

Hello guys, I hope you are enjoying your weekend so far. :) I am back to post the chronicle that was missing to complete the picture of the storytelling, I went so far that I could use a smooth transition for everyone to connect the dots. I really made an effort to comply with my own deadline today because my eyes are so tired I cannot read my screen properly. :( Let's go!

-

I feel the need to tell you what happened to me this week, because that was totally unexpected. Last Monday, I spent all my time at home reflecting on new subject matters for the weekly musical program I work for. Nothing but a usual way of starting a week for me. Around 8pm, a delivery man brought me the order I had made at a Chinese restaurant located five blocks away from my studio and, when I was finally about to eat, the intercom rang again: it was my ex-superior at TYBC 1... Of course, I let him in, but I wondered what he was doing in Joekeong and why he would visit me since we never saw each other outside our workplace before.

When I opened the door, he seemed very nervous and concerned. Once I invited him to take a seat on the sofa and served us mint tea, he asked me why I did not answer the phone with an accusing look. So I checked my phone and saw he had called me twenty times that day, but I realised I had forgotten to deselect the silent mode... He explained why he took a train to see me: the NBU reviewed TYBC 1's application for NSC and ended up green-lighting it, which meant the channel would recover its broadcasting rights and most likely debut in the international contest. Despite interviewing a handful of people for the new position of Tybaltevan head of delegation, he wanted to persuade me to come back, since we collaborated successfully in the past for WLSC.

It caught me off-guard and I was not sure what to think: what about my current job? He said he could arrange that if I accepted his offer that night. What about the people we used to work with? He was hopeful he could smooth-talk them into reuniting. Since the headquarters of TYBC 1 are located in Gatineau, what about the fact I would not have the means to move there again? He thought for a while before suggesting I might do the round trip by train or car: maybe we could discuss particular working hours. Without really knowing what would be the consequences of my decision, I took a leap of faith and said yes. That put a smile on his face as he gave me a friendly hug.

Kenta - my coffee-shop friend (if you remember) - did not take the news well since it meant I would be permanently away during working days and thus we would see one another less frequently. However, he made suggestions to make my round trips as convenient as possible, so I guess I was lucky to have supportive people around me to make this project happen.

From Tuesday, the whole machinery started to take shape, as all the people I once worked with accepted to join the crazy adventure again. We brainstormed, picnicked, brainstormed again, and dived in our respective missions according to our fields of expertise. I cannot tell you much right now, but it is a work in progress: we have the artist, the song, the staging and the music video (shot by a film director from New Bander State).

For now, I propose you to meet my team: I will be the Tybaltevan head of delegation, but that does not mean I am alone behind the scenes. I have to give credit where it is due. :)

CLqhQUV.png

Our delegation comprises seven permanent members. I do not take into the account the artists, their staff, as well as the hypothetical partners and subcontractors we might call upon.

buuEI3b.png

Conan Anubis is the director of content of the five channels owned by the TYBC (TYBC 1, TYBC 2, TYBC 3, TYnews, TY!!!). He is my direct superior. We first met when I worked for our WLSC participations and we have gotten along very well since then. I owe him my move when leaving Gatineau earlier this year and my return in the spotlight now. He is open-minded and has good sense of humour, but he is uncompromising when it comes to get things done: maybe that is the secret of his personal success. Since he is very busy, we see one another once or twice a week only, and we exchange via chats and e-mails the rest of the time.

Anubis is responsible for the budget of the Tybaltevan participation, decides the selection format we should opt for, thinks the advertisement campaigns through, amongst many other things. He always attends our key meetings to monitor the process and gives his opinion on all aspects of the participation.

MEIKW2A.png

That's me! I officially am the Tybaltevan head of delegation for NSC! I am responsible for making the participation of Tybalteva come to fruition and I am accountable to Conan Anubis. Most of my time is spent at the headquarters of TYBC 1 to hold meetings with my team, do things that can be done through virtual channels, and coordinate everyone's actions. But I will also travel and accompany our representatives during every edition until they step on stage.

I input ideas about literally everything, make decisions and settle disagreements. Not to mention I keep in touch with my counterparts abroad and closely collaborate with contacts working for the hosting broadcasters. I also manage the official Youtube channel "Tybalteva", where some of our material will be uploaded.

KDYh34q.png

Claudia Pasta is my right-hand woman. Whenever my schedule does not enable me to honour a commitment, she stands in for me. We also happen to work and travel together during particularly time-consuming phases of the process. On a daily basis, she is our logistical fairy: she is in charge of my schedule but also takes care of most administrative steps for our team and our representatives (visa, delegation's passes, flights...)

She's also in touch with the hosting nations and artists' managers to ensure their schedule will go smoothly upon their arrival (accommodation, catering, contest-related happenings, hours of rehearsals...). As a semi-professional flautist, she shares her musical opinions when we are actively looking for an entry.

291W3Db.png

Salvador Cobra is the famous presenter of "Muùsiki Ati!" (Music first!), a weekly musical talk-show broadcast on TYBC 1 that enjoys significant viewing rates all year round. It is an unavoidable program for artists who desire to promote their musical projects. Aside from that, Cobra is a prominent musical figure: he presented the Gaètinàsù Festivàalki (festival of Gatineau) six times and is the main conductor of the Tybaltevan Philharmonic Orchestra. To top it all, he is a multi-instrumentalist (pianist, violinist, organist, vocalist, xylophonist, horn player), has perfect pitch and extensive musical knowledge.

Among us, Cobra is in charge of thinking our musical options through, reviewing the submissions we receive and analysing their merits. As an expert in "real music with feeling", as opposed to junk food for ears, our debates often turn out to be pretty challenging. On demand, he can temporarily assume the role of vocal coach for singers or backing vocalists in need of advice to perfect their upcoming performance.

Fwo6Hll.png

Azealia Fangs is the new recruit of our team. As an artistic jack-of-all-trades, she will be filling a gap that required someone skilled and versatile. Rapper, singer, songwriter, musician, dancer and visual artist from our underground music scene, Fangs presents a show about musical and societal topics on the radio station "Chatterbox FM". Due to her outspoken and unfiltered way of expressing herself, her show "SEA QUEEN SPEAKS" frequently provokes buzz, good and bad. Such platform could be used to promote our participation in the contest.

Although Fangs is also involved in the song selection, she is mostly responsible for the visual aspect of the Tybaltevan participation: from the artworks posted on social media to general artistic direction if the artists do need advice in this regard. Finally, she is our official choreographer - if applicable - and stage director (visuals, camera angles, lighting and staging will be her responsibility).

R7nRPeN.png

Sasuke - one of Kenta's trustworthy close relations - is my new bodyguard. As a result, he is in charge of protecting me from harm whenever I am away on business and follows me closer than my own shadow. Beware of him because I swear he could smash a skull with his bare hands! Since he was not hired by the TYBC, he does not play any role in the participation of Tybalteva in NSC. Nonetheless, he doubles as my personal chauffeur, so that I don't have to worry about attending meetings or coming home at night.

On his own initiative, he goes to fetch food for lunch when we are very busy. Those were valid reasons for me to mention him. He does not talk much and he stares at most people in a threatening way, but I assume it is just the way he is.

93Pp7Fz.png

Mikado is Claudia's dog: a male pug of Tamausian breed that is our mascot. He takes his missions very seriously:

Firstly, he is our mini clock: count on him to let you know 11:45am is lunch break time and food must be served ASAP! Secondly, when discussions get overly passionnate, he may bark to tell us "now cut the BS and find a solution, you fools!". Thirdly, he proudly inspects our offices to make sure no one plays Animal Crossing instead of working.

He likes to travel with us, so every time he knows we will go out later during the day, one can be sure to hear him snore in his basket to recharge his batteries. For his hard work, he receives a wage in the form of strokes, treats and lunch leftovers.

Now you know all about us guys! We are working a lot to be ready next week. If, by any chance, you have questions directed at me or our future representative that were left unanswered in my chronicles, feel free to share them and I may post a Q&A sometime next week depending on what you would like to know. If you have no questions, then it is all good: stay tuned for what comes next and thank you for reading! :giggle:

tuorem

Good evening everyone!

Tonight, we make our first promotional stopover on our way to NSC. :)

Since debuting is a once-in-a-lifetime event, we Tybaltevans decided to celebrate it by going the extra mile (for our standards). Considering the comfortable budget that was granted to us, we had the means to think on a grand scale and multiply the ways of letting people know about Tybalteva joining the roster.

Therefore, we are honoured to offer you an official teaser called "Welcome to the land of ethereal keys", in reference to our main national symbol: the two keys present on our flag. You may consider this video an introduction to what is to come, as well as an advertisement about our nation. It will be broadcasted several times throughout the evening on all TYBC's TV channels.

The next date in our calendar is the following: 15/03, 19:00 CET. :) Stay tuned!

Top Bottom