Born in resilience, proud like a lion
We are the birth of a new age

Yu no man broko mi
Yu no man broko mi
Yu no man broko, broko mi
Mi na afu sensi​

Last edited by a moderator:
This is my last place right now.
I didn't put it in the last place because I see some technique. The song is there and it's not bad either. I like that Jeangu wants to win over with his voice and song instead of obscene dancing and winks at the audience. What I don't like is that I would have expected more from a voice like yours. He seems to be holding back emotions or failing to define them. However, we need to consider what Netherlands wants to achieve. I think they just want to have the honor of presenting the ESC and they don't want to win. Jeangu is "a transitional artist". Both, with regret, we agree that so far the song is 0 points.

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
Studio version is even better tbh. Makes my slightly-generous-10 feel totally justified. The orchestrations and melody give me kind of a New Radicals "You Get What You Give"/U2 "Mysterious Ways" vibe, and it's hard for me to say no to anything that reminds me of either.

ag89

OK, now I kinda get this... It has a good vibe. Especially this last part of the song. I like it!

I bims

Veteran
Heard the studio version. I thought I liked it more now because the studio version is undeniably better. But the song still does nothing for me and the live version should matter more in the end. So no change it's a :1:.

grazy2266

Not really sure about this song at all, I think the studio version is much better than the live version, although that can be worked on.

Mainshow

Veteran
No surprise that it's dead last on the Eurovision Scoreboard App.
I know that this app is only been by (hardcore) fans but still, it sucks to see the host entry being #20 of 20 released entries.

JollityFarm

I really like it, but I suspect that a lot of the people who are into this kind of music would steer clear of Eurovision because they wouldn't expect this kind of music there. And most of the people who watch Eurovision are going to end up saying "this is boring music for grownups", and so even though I gave it a 10, and it may end up being my favourite (I will wait until I've heard them all to make *that* decision), I am probably going to be in a minority. Oh well.

Ezio

Veteran
The hype is real. Already 8 pages and still counting.

Lonter

Jeangu has such a good way of carrying himself on live performances. Definitely worse than Grow, but definitely still very good.

• Like It
Reactions: Mrm

Grinch

Netherlands clearly said: "It's been horrible 2 years. Please do not choose us as winners this year."

SAYAY

Thanks to The Netherlands I have the following sentence going around in my head rent free: "You are my broccoli". On repeat. Every day. In my head. I realize that its probaly not what he is actually singing, but thats what I hear and I can`t unhear it.
Anyway, I think his entry in 2020 was a lot stronger than this. I love his soul voice, but the song itself, not so much. Sorry The Netherlands, I love you but it will only be :2: points from me this time. xrose

Top Bottom