I don't feel hate
I just feel sorry
You feel so very clever whenever you find another way to wear me down
But I don't feel hate
I just feel sorry
So you can wiggle with that middle finger, it'll never wiggle back to you
'Cause I don't feel

Sorry

I really don't care (ah, ah-ah) that you want to bash me (ah-ah, ah-ah)
Do it with flair and I'll let you be (I'll let you be common Eileen)
But don't you dare (don't you dare), mmm, to get angry (to get angry)
When you realize those words just don't hit me
What?

'Cause I don't feel hate
I just feel sorry
You feel so very clever whenever you find anothеr way to wear me down
But I don't feel hate
I just feel sorry
So you can wigglе with that middle finger, it'll never wiggle back to you
'Cause I don't feel hate

Sorry

I really don't mind (ah, ah-ah) to be your rival (ah-ah, ah-ah)
'Cause for your kind it's essential for survival (say what? He did not just say that)
Yes, I did (yes, I did), and I feel sorry (so sorry)
I don't feel hate, that's the whole point of this song (that's the song)
I guess you need patronization as some kind of validation
You won't cope with the frustration that your random me-fixation
Is another affirmation that you're just a hateful person
Who's not really better than me

Tap break, uh

I don't feel hate (don't feel hate)
I just feel sorry (I just feel sorry)
You feel so very clever whenever you find another way to wear me down (wear me down)
Meine Damen und Herren
But I don't feel hate (no, no, no)
Das war's mit "I Don't Feel Hate"
I just feel sorry (just feel sorry)
Ich hoffe, Sie haben noch ein derbe nices Leben, und bis bald
So you can wiggle with that middle finger, it'll never wiggle back to you (wiggle, wiggle, wiggle you)
'Cause I don't feel hate (no, no, no, no)
You feel so very clever whenever you find another way to wear me down (don't wear me down)
But I don't feel hate (I don't feel hate)
So you can wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle you (wiggle, wiggle, wiggle you)
'Cause I don't feel​

Last edited by a moderator:

Lindon

Was the austrian entry every revealed early enough to be featured in the show? Just wondering
Cesár Sampson was in the show 2018.

Lindon

Watch the facial expression of this one guy in the audience right after the performance when he's looking to his friend. :ROFLMAO:

Carlkva

I love this. No matter how it places, I love the vibe that we're going with this year, its just fun and just what is needed at this time

Franzilein

I do understand your point of view about some users here acting like musical hypocrites and believing they can decide between good and bad music. I would have been pissed (sorry, or not sorry) reading those statements years before, but by now I now that there are always users believing they are divine creatures that know better. I just take it rather the easy way because we CAN'T change them. So my credo is to ignore these people. xshrugI feel sorry for many artists who get bashed by such people, but Jendrik should know what can happen. It was his choice to be a part of ESC and I truly hope that his lovely soul (that is what he is) will take it lightly and that there are enough people around him that encourage him to continue.
Yes, as I said, your approach is absolutely the better one out of us two. I usually act like this, too, but there’s only so much BS a girl can take. Especially when it kinda concerns you personally.
The thing is; these QuEeNs don’t even realise that without the cooks, the people in their plastic castle would starve and the castle would crumble. If you want the big star chefs, maybe start by actually respecting the small ones who are brave enough to attend your toxic circus.
No sane person would ever actively search up music they don’t like and hate on it, but in the context of the ESC, they feel this weird obsession of judging every single entry and if it doesn’t fit their own likings (in all kinds of aspects apparently – hurrdurr, gib context pls, you aren’t open enough about your private life, sir, let me leech!), oh boy, here comes the glorious rant full of musical nonsense and goals they themselves set on this entry instead of actually focusing on the musician’s intentions. Because it’s just so easy to be a phony, to be Fat Uncle Fritz.
Dislike a song all you want, but at least make sense while doing so.

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
My sense of humor has basically been reduced to me looking through my collection of gifs and liked YouTube videos and saying to myself "this is the German thread right now." Here are a few of my favorites.

GermanBango

I mean, MAYBE we (as mostly queer people, I assume - not trying to exclude anyone obvs) should be more focused on actually supporting a homosexual artist who receives shitloads of hate (inserted with homophobic slurs as seen a few pages earlier) for just ya know having the audacity to enter Eurovision with something ... let`s call it unconventional. The ESC fandom likes to wear it`s assumed inclusiveness like a badge of honor but in moments like these you really see that at the end of the day you basically get thrown under the bus if you don`t fit in.

Thing is: You don`t have to like everything and you are free to share your opinion (especially on here - it`s a forum after all) but honestly do some people think before they post something?

Franzilein

Then, I fully agree.

I just don't like it how some users try to eradicate the validation of other people's opinion. I know that I was very vocal about thr level of my hate towards this entry but I've always highlighted my personal opinion and gave reasons for it and now (not you) some say that we don't have a degree in musical education and should actually like something we clearly don't like. This is a forum for Eurovision fans. I'd say that 99.9% of us didn't study music at university and thus, such posts are strange to me. That person has referred back to my comment stating that I don't like how the different genres are mixed in Germany's entry... That it sounds unpolished to me more than once.

Clearly not what I said, reading comprehension not found. But I called some people out on their BS. Doesn't feel nice, right? Just as nice as people saying stuff like "Youtubers should stick do Youtube, they don't belong to the ESC, I know what true music is". Take a taste of your own medicine.

marty

Jendrik is very charismatic and brings a lot of energy to the stage but i expected something weirder. A lot of people might enjoy watching this but not sure if all of them want to hear it.....

Mainshow

Veteran
I didn't like the performance at all. All his jumping, running, spinning, tap dancing is very irritating to me.
A pity he lip-synced (which is not unusual for a show like that). I'm curious if he will be able to perform this way without sounding out of breath.

I hope he will get some props on stage in May. That performance was very underwhelming.

hungo

I was very disappointed by that performance. this is just nothing special. I thought he would bring something funny. Hope they will change it. Still Jendrik is very cute and energetic.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
@Franzilein Hey, what's with referring to people as QuEeNs and painting those that don't like the song and have been quite strongly (overly so in your opinion obviously) vocal as the "But yaaas, Queen, go on and slaaaay" type? You're seemingly using it as a mocking tool for those you have a problem with here and yet who specifically fits this stereotype? One member even told you that's not what they're like. You're consistently slipping things like this into your posts and it kind of comes off as derogatory which you can argue I guess of it being a taste of their own medicine, except you're using a gay stereotype to mock.... which is just odd? I wouldn't say I'm offended but more intrigued to find out why?

We can all afford to be more careful and thoughtful perhaps with the things we say. There's probably not a person here who hasn't posted an opinion that they wouldn't say to the artist or songwriter if met with them face to face, but then this is a fan forum. We're here to talk about the music, and personally I choose to come here because I enjoy reading what people I've become familiar and friendly with think about songs.

JamieBrown said something complimentary about me yesterday, along the lines of wishing that more were like me when it came to writing about songs, and whilst yes, I do make sure to always stress what I say as being my personal opinion, I felt I wasn't worthy of that praise. I know I can get out of hand too at times. It's something I have thought of on more than one occasion, even after writing about Jendrik's song here. I love talking about music with other people and when I write on this forum I don't think of it as being a public space when it of course actually is one. To me it's more like I'm having a chat with a big group of friends. I'd never go onto an artists social media account to share a negative opinion with regards to their work, but yet I of course do that here, and sometimes quite (occasionally very) harshly. It's food for thought. Anyone could end up reading it and I certainly wouldn't want them to.

I agree with you Franzilein that the fandom has become very toxic, and there are areas where we can and should improve. I'd say though that you only have to spend a couple of minutes on twitter, give a quick glance at a youtube chatbox or go onto Wiwibloggs to realise it's a hefty tonne worse elsewhere. Knowing for instance what Aksel experienced last year when he beat Erika and this year now seeing it all happen again with TIX defeating KEiiNO. It is disgusting. It makes you feel so embarrassed as a fan. I can understand your anger cause I've felt it too, but are those expressing their strong dislike for the song here on our forum really worthy of it? I think Mauve has got the right idea. Staying cooler and more collected now and then you can have the last laugh this May if Jendrik does well. Making personal attacks won't bring the change you want. Going tit for tat seldom ever works, and besides, it's the complete opposite advice to what's given in Jendrik's song which you enjoy.

Last edited:

crashworld

Veteran
I watched the semi-'live' performance and I turned it off mid-way. There is a fine line between being likable and being irritating. He behaves like that annoying class monitor that is so eager to please with his sanguine positivity. I know we are going through a pandemic now and I like myself a positive and upbeat song. But in most times, quoting the Spice Girls, "Too Much of something is bad enough". He's cute, I give it to him. But the whole package is just such a turn-off. He is like Nathan Trent on happy drugs (and I really like Nathan Trent). The saving grace of the song is really the brass drop.

Last edited:

Lindon

midnightsun

Veteran
I get why the song might be disliked in terms of music or even lyrics.

I get why his performance might be disliked.

I get why his voice might be disliked.

But lashing out at his looks or character and thus his behaviour is a big NO GO.

It’s not true he doesn’t have a backstory that gives him the right to sing about such a topic (He does! And even if he didn’t... does every musician singing about serious topics ever have?).

It’s not true he doesn’t support minorities. Hell, in a way he even belongs to one!

And last but not least, the song isn’t solely about him! It’s for everyone on earth who ever experienced hate which probably all or at least most of us did at one point.

So, yes, you ARE entitled to hate the song or performance but don’t hate on the good cause, his looks or his character / behaviour.

He IS one shiny happy guy, so what? Some are reserved, some are more outgoing, he is excited and full of energy but is it a bad thing? I don’t think so. He‘s not the typical eccentric like some artists we‘ve had in the past. Wearing a glitter jacket and platinum blond hair doesn’t make you the fancy „wonder-bread onlyfans twink“ ("someone" here called him) - which is very disrespectful, by the way.

He‘s just having fun while trying to address a serious topic.

Talking about his Silbereisen performance yesterday: the "cheerleader" girls are part of every Silbereisen show and are thankfully not a part of Jendrik‘s staging. Didn’t like them. But I loved how he was jumping around and that his friends are the supporting acts on stage. Not sure about the middlefinger though, because it might be misunderstood by people who are not familiar with the lyrics. We will see. But he did a great job!

Last edited:

Lindon

I get why the song might be disliked in terms of music or even lyrics.

I get why his performance might be disliked.

I get why his voice might be disliked.

But lashing out at his looks or character and thus his behaviour is a big NO GO.

It’s not true he doesn’t have a backstory that gives him the right to sing about such a topic (He does! And even if he didn’t... does every musician singing about serious topics ever have?).

It’s not true he doesn’t support minorities. Hell, in a way he even belongs to one!

And last but not least, the song isn’t solely about him! It’s for everyone on earth who ever experienced hate which probably all or at least most of us did at one point.
So, yes, you ARE entitled to hate the song or performance but don’t hate on the good cause or his behaviour.

He IS one shiny happy guy, so what? Some are reserved, some are more outgoing, he is excited and full of energy but is it a bad thing? I don’t think so. He‘s not the typical eccentric like some artists we‘ve had in the past. Wearing a glitter jacket and platinum blond hair doesn’t make you the fancy „wonder-bread onlyfans twink“ ("someone" here called him) - which is very disrespectful, by the way.

He‘s just having fun while trying to address a serious topic.

Talking about his Silbereisen performance yesterday: the "cheerleader" girls are part of every Silbereisen show and are thankfully not a part of Jendrik‘s staging. Didn’t like them. But I loved how he was jumping around and that his friends are the supporting acts on stage. Not sure about the middlefinger too, because it might be misunderstood by people who are not familiar with the lyrics. We will see. But he did a great job!
I would love to see this applied to every artist in this circus called ESC, but when I read certain comments in certain threads :unsure:

Top Bottom