I don't feel hate
I just feel sorry
You feel so very clever whenever you find another way to wear me down
But I don't feel hate
I just feel sorry
So you can wiggle with that middle finger, it'll never wiggle back to you
'Cause I don't feel

Sorry

I really don't care (ah, ah-ah) that you want to bash me (ah-ah, ah-ah)
Do it with flair and I'll let you be (I'll let you be common Eileen)
But don't you dare (don't you dare), mmm, to get angry (to get angry)
When you realize those words just don't hit me
What?

'Cause I don't feel hate
I just feel sorry
You feel so very clever whenever you find anothеr way to wear me down
But I don't feel hate
I just feel sorry
So you can wigglе with that middle finger, it'll never wiggle back to you
'Cause I don't feel hate

Sorry

I really don't mind (ah, ah-ah) to be your rival (ah-ah, ah-ah)
'Cause for your kind it's essential for survival (say what? He did not just say that)
Yes, I did (yes, I did), and I feel sorry (so sorry)
I don't feel hate, that's the whole point of this song (that's the song)
I guess you need patronization as some kind of validation
You won't cope with the frustration that your random me-fixation
Is another affirmation that you're just a hateful person
Who's not really better than me

Tap break, uh

I don't feel hate (don't feel hate)
I just feel sorry (I just feel sorry)
You feel so very clever whenever you find another way to wear me down (wear me down)
Meine Damen und Herren
But I don't feel hate (no, no, no)
Das war's mit "I Don't Feel Hate"
I just feel sorry (just feel sorry)
Ich hoffe, Sie haben noch ein derbe nices Leben, und bis bald
So you can wiggle with that middle finger, it'll never wiggle back to you (wiggle, wiggle, wiggle you)
'Cause I don't feel hate (no, no, no, no)
You feel so very clever whenever you find another way to wear me down (don't wear me down)
But I don't feel hate (I don't feel hate)
So you can wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle you (wiggle, wiggle, wiggle you)
'Cause I don't feel​

Last edited by a moderator:

midnightsun

Veteran
I find this critizism of different sounds/styles in one song highly interesting. Let‘s compare a bit (and I‘m generalizing)

Armenia: Love wave: about 5 different songs in 3 min. sirenes, unidentifiable sounds, lyrics that are so mumbeled you can hardly understand it. Fandom: Slaaaaaay queeeen!

Northern Macedonia: Lost and found: again 3 completely differnt songs/rhythms in one song that don‘t fit together at all. Fandom: Slaaaaaaaay queeeeeen

Azerbaijan: Cleopatra: mix of oriental and egypt sounds, modern elements and buddhist(!!!!) mantra chanting. Fandom: Slaaaaaay queeeen

German guy combines elements like tapdance and brass (quite common combination in the past) with ukulele. Fandom: THIS.IS.ATROCIOUS!!!

I‘m not saying any of these artist was wrong to make these combinations. But the different reaction to these examples makes me wonder if combining „questionable sounds“ is really the cause for the negative feelings the song provokes with some (and I‘m sure these feelings are very authentic).

Yep. Or Pöllaponk. Same message, same colorful look, same outstanding instruments/music genre.
People were hyping this.
In the end it was all in the middle and that‘s okay. 12th in televote / 15th with the juries.
(I believe Jendrik will in no way get a lot less points by juries than Pöllaponk).

Mainshow

Veteran
Then, I fully agree.

I just don't like it how some users try to eradicate the validation of other people's opinion. I know that I was very vocal about thr level of my hate towards this entry but I've always highlighted my personal opinion and gave reasons for it and now (not you) some say that we don't have a degree in musical education and should actually like something we clearly don't like. This is a forum for Eurovision fans. I'd say that 99.9% of us didn't study music at university and thus, such posts are strange to me. That person has referred back to my comment stating that I don't like how the different genres are mixed in Germany's entry... That it sounds unpolished to me more than once.

Referring back to your post.... PERSONALLY, I think that Azerbaijan, for example, did a very good job. The whole song sounds well-produced and polished. I don't mind the Buddhist chants, the Western pop sounds and the Azerbaijani ethnic instruments whilst singing about Egyptian and Roman people. It is way better executed (in my opinion).
I'm able to read 4 different clefs, play the keyboard/organ and the viola but I can't point my finger stating on certain elements (composition-wise) why I do love Cleopatra but hate LoveWave or I Don't Feel Hate - I'd say it's because I think that the last two songs sound noisy, wild to me. Both singers speak very fast at times, it's almost like they're slurring and mumbling at parts. LoveWave still sounds better executed to me whilst I Don't Feel hate sounds way more amateurish and demo-ish to me.

That said, I know it should sound that way since Jendrik was the one composing and writing that entry. He's not a producer - he's a musical actor/singer-songwriter who usually performs outdoors for smaller events and thus, he isn't a professional. I know thst it generates a charming, fresh and authentic effect but in this special case, I simply don't like it + I hate (most) whistling and this time it's very permanent, also the brasses are too loud and messy to my ears and tap dance is a huge no go as well.

I hope it gives more insight on why someone might hate this entry (yes, I do hate it and think it's the worst German entry I can recall).

It wasn't you (but another member) but I hope it's alright to mention this and make such a lengthy post... But I think that most users on this forum who dislike this entry were quite "nice". We didn't attack Jendrik personally or called him names or bashed him. Actually, I hope he can enjoy Eurovision but it's not my cup of tea st all.
I like it even less than Electro Velvet and I think we have every right to state our opinion without being told "we don't have a musical education/we are not professionals". Sry, but this is not a musical masterpiece either. One doesn't need a degree in music to actually see the alledgley brilliance of this entry xD

Anyway, I am very optimistic about its success (in the televoting) and I'm pleasantly surprised so many people seem to actually adore it! Thank you for liking our entry!

Last edited:

CPV4931

I'm watching "Schlager Champions" to see Jendrik perform his song. But waiting for him is torture. I've just aged 30 years because of that show.
So feeling this, also watching xD

I bims

Veteran
They are always cutting away when he is dancing... I hate that show. I don't care about Ross Anthony or the audience I want to see the performer!!!

Lenny1993

Top10 - Mark my words.

I bims

Veteran
I actually liked the performance but wish we had seen more of him. He definitely has more stage charisma than Ben 😅
I can't say much because I barely saw anything but it seems that he is really going in and he's giving his all. And he is definetly not as lost on stage as Ben.
But he was really out of breath not sure if he can do any of that while singing live.

Vondenburg

I don't believe this! In the performance we saw everything besides the performance. The camera was even more hectic than Jendrik himself.

Lenny1993

I don‘t think he would have won with the juries if he was out of breath.

I bims

Veteran
I don‘t think he would have won with the juries if he was out of breath.
He was really out of breath though. I think he will do less in May. He took advantage of the playback (as he should). It's embarassing how most of them just stand there like old farts. Can't stand that show :'D But Jendrik did what was needed.

CPV4931

I enjoyed the Performance, even with these weird camera angels :D
Same, he brings lots of energy to the stage... but the camera angels indeed were hilarious

Lindon

What I find interesting is that the Austrian Broadcasting Corporation ORF always co-finances the advertising for the German entry. The Silbereisen show is an ARD ORF co-production.

I bims

Veteran
What I find interesting is that the Austrian Broadcasting Corporation ORF always co-finances the advertising for the German entry. The Silbereisen show is an ARD ORF co-production.
Was the austrian entry every revealed early enough to be featured in the show? Just wondering

Top Bottom