I don't feel hate
I just feel sorry
You feel so very clever whenever you find another way to wear me down
But I don't feel hate
I just feel sorry
So you can wiggle with that middle finger, it'll never wiggle back to you
'Cause I don't feel

Sorry

I really don't care (ah, ah-ah) that you want to bash me (ah-ah, ah-ah)
Do it with flair and I'll let you be (I'll let you be common Eileen)
But don't you dare (don't you dare), mmm, to get angry (to get angry)
When you realize those words just don't hit me
What?

'Cause I don't feel hate
I just feel sorry
You feel so very clever whenever you find anothеr way to wear me down
But I don't feel hate
I just feel sorry
So you can wigglе with that middle finger, it'll never wiggle back to you
'Cause I don't feel hate

Sorry

I really don't mind (ah, ah-ah) to be your rival (ah-ah, ah-ah)
'Cause for your kind it's essential for survival (say what? He did not just say that)
Yes, I did (yes, I did), and I feel sorry (so sorry)
I don't feel hate, that's the whole point of this song (that's the song)
I guess you need patronization as some kind of validation
You won't cope with the frustration that your random me-fixation
Is another affirmation that you're just a hateful person
Who's not really better than me

Tap break, uh

I don't feel hate (don't feel hate)
I just feel sorry (I just feel sorry)
You feel so very clever whenever you find another way to wear me down (wear me down)
Meine Damen und Herren
But I don't feel hate (no, no, no)
Das war's mit "I Don't Feel Hate"
I just feel sorry (just feel sorry)
Ich hoffe, Sie haben noch ein derbe nices Leben, und bis bald
So you can wiggle with that middle finger, it'll never wiggle back to you (wiggle, wiggle, wiggle you)
'Cause I don't feel hate (no, no, no, no)
You feel so very clever whenever you find another way to wear me down (don't wear me down)
But I don't feel hate (I don't feel hate)
So you can wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle you (wiggle, wiggle, wiggle you)
'Cause I don't feel​

Last edited by a moderator:

Franzilein

I understand you completely. that's why I don't comment on stupid comments anymore. I'll never wiggle back bullshit to those ...:whistle:
Thank you. Your approach is definitely the wiser one, otherwise it will just cause you headaches. Like; I love reading opinions, I do. You don't like the Ukulele? Cool. The song doesn't reach you, is not to your liking? Yeah, man, music is subjective after all, go ahead.

But when some people think their subjective taste of music is everything and anything they don't like can't be considered music and should not take part; when people want to live in an artist's underwear to connect to them, because apparently a song can't stand on his own, you know people no longer talk about music. It's about drama, egoism, to make a name for oneself. The lazy consumer's view; "the production could have been more polished despite me not having a clue what I mean with that, because I have no idea how music works, so I can't give further & deeper explanations. But it surely sounds fancy, like having a deeper understanding of the matter!" It's quite amusing. Still need to find a glimpse of actual music theory in these discussions, it usually comes down to "daaah, tastes are different after all!" You don't say...

And then there are people who wonder why the ESC is ignored by the big goons & genuine musicians in this industry, with a fandom which is as attention-seeking and entitled as this. With a contest where music is never the sole focus and treated like shit.

But yaaas, Queen, go on and slaaaay! Show me that glorious rant! :love:

Last edited:

Loindici

Veteran
Just for laughs, let us keep shitting on Jendrik until he wins 2021,

Toy-style.

I want to mine a lot of gold in May!

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
And then there are people who wonder why the ESC is ignored by the big goons & genuine musicians in this industry, with a fandom which is as attention-seeking and entitled as this.
this is literally the pop divas fandom in general though? :lol: I mostly agree with you, just not in this particular part.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Sorry for doing @njdevils94's thing here which is to share with us Daniela videos, but I just had to spread the joy of this one ASAP

SPOILERS

Daniela is a fan of I Don't Feel Hate by German singer Jendrik Sigwart. Her reaction at 5:22 was adorable. It warms my cold heart to see her and some of the kindest, sweetest forumers like Mauve and Ezio enjoying the song, even if my relationship with I Don't Feel Hate is still bizarre to say the least (I'm no closer to deciding how many points I should give it). To quote our favourite Slovenian "it seems like big mess", but then seeing something put a smile on the face of someone you care about is always a nice thing.

Last edited:

Sammy

Veteran
Jendrik was at Barbara Schönberger's show today. At around 15:30 he plays his song in a slow version. Oh yeah, only for the non-haters, of course, everybody else can ignore this post. ;)

The impression I get from this interview is that he's a really really nice guy. I have to watch the whole making of video of the clip soon. The idea how to get to the washing machines was brilliant.

Franzilein

this is literally the pop divas fandom in general though? :lol: I mostly agree with you, just not in this particular part.
Might be, I don't know. But this is the fandom of the ESC, once created to unite a war-torn continent through music. Which "officially" prides itself in welcoming everyone.

But wait, I don't like this song, this should not be a part of this. And users on Youtube should stick to Youtube, because apparently they're an alien species (or whatever the original comment wanted to say with this).

And if someone gets free reign of writing his own song and rather wants to produce a video with his friends and from his own money, that's totally show business. That can't be genuine. But if the BiG pOLisHeD prOduCtiOn rolls around payed by sponsors, with a manufactured singer-song package, that's fine.

And if you say that music and fun are more important than the competition, you actually want to win the competition and you are a tryhard, because I, a stranger from the internet, know you better than yourself.

Aka: Reading these comments is like seeing that fat uncle watching football matches on Saturday afternoons, claiming how garbage the players play and how he knows the solution. This community reeks of selfishness and hypocrisy and partly has a toxic handling of music in general. Lovely.

Jay25

Our head of delegation said that "I Don't Feel Hate" is such a strong contender, a surefire hit since all jury members (200!!!!! people!) loved it and it got an average score of 11.82 out of 12. WTF! - Seriously, I think this can't be true at all.. I mean, just look at this forum (or somewhere elese). It probably gets a 6 as an average score since it's either totally adored or extremely hated and thus, I think that the internal selection is a fucking mess and the current outcome doesn't justify the ditching our national final part.
This part also made me thinking. I would not even expert such a scoring for a "Euphoria 2.0" in a NF.
I believe these national juries must be biased as hell. They were probably chosen not because they represent a diverse taste in music but because they already have the taste of music that the delegation wants.

I remember an "application form" for the German "fan Jury" where they showed music clips and one should say whether one likes this specific clip or not. They were probably using these kind of questions to eliminate jury candidates with an undesired taste in music.

My wish for this decade is to take away the ESC responsibility from NDR. We need new (and at best open) minds at the top of our delegation.

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
This thread rn xheat

JamieBrown

but then seeing something put a smile on the face of someone you care about is always a nice thing.

It is important to make a difference between I / ME / personally >>I<< don't like it and not to question the taste of others who disagree, no matter how gorgeously cynical you are as a human being. Don't be a sad butthurt Eurovision fan. Be like Mr. RainyWoods

mauve

Veteran
The impression I get from this interview is that he's a really really nice guy. I have to watch the whole making of video of the clip soon. The idea how to get to the washing machines was brilliant.
I also thought that his video was shot in his cellar (I had read it somewhere), but it was actually shot at an empty church! He shows us that place in that video. :)

mauve

Veteran
Sorry for doing @njdevils94's thing here which is to share with us Daniela videos, but I just had to spread the joy of this one ASAP

SPOILERS

Daniela is a fan of I Don't Feel Hate by German singer Jendrik Sigwart. Her reaction at 5:22 was adorable. It warms my cold heart to see her and some of the kindest, sweetest forumers like Mauve and Ezio enjoying the song, even if my relationship with I Don't Feel Hate is still bizarre to say the least (I'm no closer to deciding how many points I should give it). To quote our favourite Slovenian "it seems like big mess", but then seeing something put a smile on the face of someone you care about is always a nice thing.
Our dear icon Daniela is such a sweetheart! :love: Happy to see her liking this song!

mauve

Veteran
Thank you. Your approach is definitely the wiser one, otherwise it will just cause you headaches. Like; I love reading opinions, I do. You don't like the Ukulele? Cool. The song doesn't reach you, is not to your liking? Yeah, man, music is subjective after all, go ahead.

But when some people think their subjective taste of music is everything and anything they don't like can't be considered music and should not take part; when people want to live in an artist's underwear to connect to them, because apparently a song can't stand on his own, you know people no longer talk about music. It's about drama, egoism, to make a name for oneself. The lazy consumer's view; "the production could have been more polished despite me not having a clue what I mean with that, because I have no idea how music works, so I can't give further & deeper explanations. But it surely sounds fancy, like having a deeper understanding of the matter!" It's quite amusing. Still need to find a glimpse of actual music theory in these discussions, it usually comes down to "daaah, tastes are different after all!" You don't say...

And then there are people who wonder why the ESC is ignored by the big goons & genuine musicians in this industry, with a fandom which is as attention-seeking and entitled as this. With a contest where music is never the sole focus and treated like shit.

But yaaas, Queen, go on and slaaaay! Show me that glorious rant! :love:
JamieBrown summed it up perfectly:

It is important to make a difference between I / ME / personally >>I<< don't like it and not to question the taste of others who disagree, no matter how gorgeously cynical you are as a human being. Don't be a sad butthurt Eurovision fan. Be like Mr. RainyWoods

I completely understand that this song is really polarizing (23 times :12: and 23 times :0:) and Jendrik knows that too well too. And as long as the critic points are substantial and you make clear that it is subjective, then I have no problem with it at all. But some users behave like little children, sulking and hating. And someone wrote above that he can't understand that this song was rated so high among the Juries. This is a point I am asking myself, but they explain part of it in the videos. It isn't only about the song itself, but about stage presence. And there certainly have been way better songs and singers, but Jendrik convinced them how he behaved on stage. And that makes sense.

Sammy

Veteran
This part also made me thinking. I would not even expert such a scoring for a "Euphoria 2.0" in a NF.
I believe these national juries must be biased as hell. They were probably chosen not because they represent a diverse taste in music but because they already have the taste of music that the delegation wants.

I remember an "application form" for the German "fan Jury" where they showed music clips and one should say whether one likes this specific clip or not. They were probably using these kind of questions to eliminate jury candidates with an undesired taste in music.

My wish for this decade is to take away the ESC responsibility from NDR. We need new (and at best open) minds at the top of our delegation.
Excuse me, but just because a pannel of jurors do not agree with you is no valid reason to suspect that the whole process was rigged. It‘s also unlogical. If the NDR wanted to push him through in an internal selection, the easier way would have been to have no jury at all.
Just imagine how ridiculous the jury casting would have been:
Question 1: Do you have the same taste as Thomas Schreiber?
Question 2: Would you vote for Jendrik?
If yes - welcome to the Jury. Now vote please! xrofl

Last edited:

mauve

Veteran
Excuse me, but just because a pannel of jurors do not agree with you is no valid reason to suspect that the whole process was rigged. It‘s also unlogical. If the NDR wanted to push him through in an internal selection, the easier way would have been to have no jury at all.
xrollinglol

Question 3: Are you into middlefingers? xrofl

Jay25

I think you misunderstood my point. I don't think that the process is rigged, I don't even think that there is any purpose, I just believe that the current procedure is heavily biased towards a direction that is not beneficial for the success of German entries.

It's like asking "what is your favorite sports club in the world" in just a single city. The result won't be rigged, just inaccurate if you want to conclude any general opinion from that.

Yes, I don't agree with the result of the jury and would not have given the song "12 points". But having almost all jury members giving this song "12 points" seems a little odd for me. Not because the jury members did anything wrong, but I have the feeling they are all part of a similar "bubble" with a rather similar taste in music - Or at least a similar opinion on what the german ESC entry should look and sound like.

Sammy

Veteran
I think you misunderstood my point. I don't think that the process is rigged, I don't even think that there is any purpose, I just believe that the current procedure is heavily biased towards a direction that is not beneficial for the success of German entries.

It's like asking "what is your favorite sports club in the world" in just a single city. The result won't be rigged, just inaccurate if you want to conclude any general opinion from that.

Yes, I don't agree with the result of the jury and would not have given the song "12 points". But having almost all jury members giving this song "12 points" seems a little odd for me. Not because the jury members did anything wrong, but I have the feeling they are all part of a similar "bubble" with a rather similar taste in music - Or at least a similar opinion on what the german ESC entry should look and sound like.

It is statistically VERY unlikely in a group of 100 to have by chance all members of the same bubble.
Your example with the sportsclub seems conniving, but there's a big difference. There is no city / region that would root for Jendrik in the way a city would do for its sportsclub. So in which bubble/area would NDR have selected the jury members to get that kind of biased result? In the fandom? Take a look at the poll here. I think they took people from very different fields to have a representative sample and perhaps many people liked the song... Besides: look at this poll. Some fan-bubbles adore it!

As for the german success: I somewhat feel that this entry will bring Germany its best result since at least Michael, even if a lot of people will not like it. But the more controversial a song is, the better for its success.

Last edited:

GermanBango

Well let`s be real here: the song will bomb with the juries. Zero points seem not too far fetched.
Same can`t be said about the televoting though - He will grab a considerable amount of points simply because the entire thing is a least something you don`t forget. A lot of it`s "success" will depend on the performance, I suppose. We shall see.

Top Bottom